Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007 - Page 48 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007

Unread 12-04-2007, 04:35 AM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007

Sandy,
Don't ever apologize for having an off day. You've been through major surgery and you need time to heal. Everyone recovers at a different rate. Don't be so hard on yourself. You are doing great! Just try to slow it down a bit and be good to yourself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2007, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slplante
Glad to see everyone is coming along! I too am coming along, although find myself disappointed. I'm at five weeks today, and still have to take ibuprofen at least once a day because of aching discomfort. I can walk a little faster, but not my super-fast pace I know and love. I still park as close as possible when I go somewhere.

I started working four hours per day last week on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, and very quickly my plans to work six hours a day this week came to a screeching halt. The four hours a day last week was very difficult, so I'm still doing four hours this week. My sitting tolerance isn't what I had hoped it would be by now, but it really is a lot better.

I had a four-week postop check and my doc did an internal exam. It didn't bother me other than make me really nervous, until about three hours later, when I was in so much pain, I almost had to take a Percocet! I held out and took 800 mg of ibuprofen and an hour and a half after laying down with my ibuprofen, I was able to get it calmed down.

I guess I thought by now I would be having no more aching and just be tired, but truthfully I did have a lot of work done, and from what I have been reading and asking my doc, everything is as it should be. I'm definitely learning patience through this whole ordeal, and I'm not a very patient person! I do realize things could be worse - I guess today I just find myself a little disappointed, but resolving myself to the fact that I just have to be patient and still be slowed down.

I find there is a fine line between doing some things and doing too much - and I don't seem to find the line until I've crossed it!

I hope I don't sound like a complainer - just feeling a little blue today-

Sandy
Sandy,
Don't ever apologize for having an off day. You've been through major surgery and you need time to heal. Everyone recovers at a different rate. Don't be so hard on yourself. You are doing great! Just try to slow it down a bit and be good to yourself.
Unread 12-04-2007, 06:47 AM

Thanks m.eo!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2007, 07:57 AM

Sandy,

Don't ever feel like you are complaining. That's is what we sisters are here for - to support each other (especially on those bad days)!

Have a great day!
Unread 12-04-2007, 10:57 AM

I had tvh along with bladder sling, and rectum tie up. halloween. am in 5th week and still have pain when setting, or walking too much. and insisions at vaginal area still hurting dread the thought of sex, at 6th week dont think I will be out of pain by then any one else?
Unread 12-04-2007, 11:33 AM

cat lover 1 -- you had alot of work going on. There's several of us Halloweeners on hystersisters. My hyst was abdominal, so I don't have the vaginal part. I had a bladder sling a few years ago. Sometimes I have bowel control, but not much. I guess that's the rectum tie up part.

I've had some outer vaginal pressure like. My weird skin feeling is much better, though my numbness is still there. I don't really notice it, unless I'm doing a "feeling" check on myself. I'm glad that my numbness stops about where my hair was shaved. I'm glad that I do have some "stirrings." My DH touched me in a way last night that made me tingle. So, I'm glad to know that some parts still work.

I'm much better this week, but last night, I had some powerful pain. It just lasted a few seconds, but it was completely new.

Sex .. hmmm - I don't know. It will have to be a non-belly mashing position. My doc appt is next Tues, so I'm sure she will let me know.

I'm prepared for additional time for healing when I go back next week, just in case.
Unread 12-04-2007, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat lover 1
I had tvh along with bladder sling, and rectum tie up. halloween. am in 5th week and still have pain when setting, or walking too much. and insisions at vaginal area still hurting dread the thought of sex, at 6th week dont think I will be out of pain by then any one else?
Hi Catlover1 - I'm right there with you! I am so glad you posted!! I am two days ahead of you - had TVH, bladder sling, bladder hernia repair, rectal hernia repair (a very difficult one), and I still have trouble sitting, have aching and discomfort when walking too much (and walking too much is not a whole lot, I might add!) I am in my 6th week, and it will be six weeks next Monday, and I am not out of discomfort, so I think no, you probably will not be discomfort free by then. I started working (I sit at a computer all day at home) last Wednesday for four hours per day, thought I'd be able to do six hours per day this week - HA! I am still at four hours per day. However, it is getting easier, but not doable to do six hours per day yet. I am getting so frustrated and have really been down about it in the last day or two, so I am sooo glad to know I am not alone and others who had my same procedures are still there too.

I'm with ya sister! Let's keep in touch - maybe we can help each other through this!!

Sandy
Unread 12-04-2007, 08:23 PM

Hi Ladies,
I had TVH (kept only ovaries) on Oct 29th also. I am having pain now that is not terrible, but worrisome. It is very low, really like pelvic floor (?), not as severe as the pain with a UTI but the same sensation.... i dont see a relation to passing urine, it seems more like an achiness. I have tried to start walking just two slow laps at the school track after i drop off my son in the morning and it has happened both times. Do i need to keep trying to work through it or give myself another week before i try again....?? I really want to start moving ! Anybody else know what i am feeling?
Cel

I had TVH, with no "repairs" to speak of, she was able to just rearrange bladder and vagina after the uterus was removed. Had lots of endo and path found andenomyosis as well
Unread 12-05-2007, 06:41 AM

Wow.I am with you girls.....................I had TVH and bladder sus.......and some ap work...I to am still having pressure and some pain in my low back bottom area..My sur was Oct 12.Will be 8 weeks this friday........ Went to Doc again.he seems to think my body is rejecting my stiches (the kind they used). And thats why the healing is taking so long.................anyone ever hear of that?? well I will also keep in touch................love to all you princessesssssss beacher29
Unread 12-05-2007, 08:48 AM

thanks 4 responding ladies, my doc said I shouldnt have problems sitting, so Im glad u all said u had a problem 2, at least I know Im not a sissy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register