Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007 - Page 49 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007

Unread 12-05-2007, 09:02 AM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007

I'm starting to think that maybe before the docs tell us how long it should take to heal, or how we should be feeling, they should go through the surgery first and after having a TVH with cystocele/rectocele repair and bladder sling, they might have a better understanding of how long it takes!!

I feel like I got many different messages from my doc about how long it will take, but when I was at my four week appointment and I was asking about still having to walk slow and having trouble sitting for very long, etc., they said oh yes, you will be sore there for awhile, and that all I was feeling was normal. My doc said that eventually I'll just notice an absence of symptoms - all of a sudden I'll realize that certain symptoms are gone.

It's nice to hear from all of you ladies - and nice to know I'm not a sissy too like catlover said! I think around the 5-6+ week mark we all start to get tired of it and think it should be over, and when it's not, we feel like we're being silly or a sissy. One of my big lessons is I can't hurry time, so I might as well be patient! That is very difficult to do, as we all are learning, huh?

I decided yesterday I was going to try to focus on having some fun this Christmas season, and do little fun things and spend quality family time and take it easy. No better time than December to take it easy, huh?!

I hope for every one of us we have a great day and that next week we will be that one step closer to normal and be feeling that one step better!!

Let's each of us do something special for ourselves today - whether it's a special drink, a special chick-flick or TV show, a special yummy treat or buying something at the store.

Love and Hugs to all of you ladies!!

Sandy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2007, 09:09 AM

(((((Ladies)))))) This thread is here to report your progress. If you have any questions or concerns about your own recovery, please begin a new thread in our Post Op forum. That way you will have the benefit of other members who are further along in their recoveries than only those members who read this thread and share your surgery date week.
Unread 12-05-2007, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farming Fun
Hi Ladies,
I had TVH (kept only ovaries) on Oct 29th also. I am having pain now that is not terrible, but worrisome. It is very low, really like pelvic floor (?), not as severe as the pain with a UTI but the same sensation.... i dont see a relation to passing urine, it seems more like an achiness. I have tried to start walking just two slow laps at the school track after i drop off my son in the morning and it has happened both times. Do i need to keep trying to work through it or give myself another week before i try again....?? I really want to start moving ! Anybody else know what i am feeling?
Cel

I had TVH, with no "repairs" to speak of, she was able to just rearrange bladder and vagina after the uterus was removed. Had lots of endo and path found andenomyosis as well
I haven't had the same feeling, but I'm pretty uncomfortable at the end of the day. I started back to work 8 hrs day on Monday, Dec 3. All I am doing is working and coming home and resting from day. It's great to be out of the house, but each day is a struggle. I'm not used to this....it's beginning to wear on me. I tired of being tired and sore. But at the end of the day I am grateful for all of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2007, 05:53 PM

Hi Sisters,
I've been feeling ok. But today I just feel sad and depressed. I don't know why I still have my ovaries and I don't think it's due hormones. Do you think it maybe because I'm home alone with no one to talk to or nowhere to go? I feel lonely. I have my DS and DH but son comes home at three and DH comes home late about 7:30 and he leaves the house at 3:30 am.
Well I hope you are all doing good.
Unread 12-05-2007, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess G
Hi Sisters,
I've been feeling ok. But today I just feel sad and depressed. I don't know why I still have my ovaries and I don't think it's due hormones. Do you think it maybe because I'm home alone with no one to talk to or nowhere to go? I feel lonely. I have my DS and DH but son comes home at three and DH comes home late about 7:30 and he leaves the house at 3:30 am.
Well I hope you are all doing good.
Yes, I do think it is because you are lonely. It is a long day with no one around and nothing to do. All the things we could do but can't because we don't feel up to it. Just know that tomorrow may be a better day. We won't feel this way forever. Thank goodness!

Take care of yourself and I hope tomorrow is better.
Unread 12-05-2007, 10:12 PM

Hey, just wondering, where everyone is at in terms of "recovery" -- back to work yet ? How about sleeping ? Hot flashes? How much Percentage wise, do you think you are "back" to normal?

I am 50 years old, and altho overweight, had a fairly active lifestyle. I had a TAH BSO and some infection problems. I still have an open resolving surgical wound. I just started driving, am doing most of the household stuff (cooking, cleaning up, laundry -without carrying it up and down the stairs) But still very ..... tired, and sore after the day is over.

Havent gone back to work yet. As my job as a social worker entails alot of movement, and have to be able to lift, and get out of places quickly, if need be.

I think I'm at about 60%. The wound is what is adding about 20% to the issue....

Where are you in your recovery ?
Unread 12-06-2007, 06:10 AM

scootery,

I am glad so hear that you are doing so well, especially with the open wound problem. I had my surgery about a week after you. I am doing much better than I was, but not back to where I want to be by any means. I am not doing any housework yet except for sorting laundry (and then my two DS wash, dry and put away). If I try to stand up and cook for very long, I start hurting so badly that I just have to go sit back down. I just starting driving again two days ago, now that felt great. I went for my four week checkup this past Monday and was told that I am healing beautifully. However, I was told that I am still under restriction for the next 2-4 weeks. I was even told that if I want to go shopping, I need to ride on a motorized scooter or in a wheelchair. I did not like that answer at at! But a girlfriend went with me to Wal-Mart Tuesday, and I rode on the scooter. Got home and was really sore especially my back and sides. Some good news, I was finally able to sleep in my bed for the first time last night. Now that felt great! I was able to sleep on my side with minimal discomfort. Went to church last night and came away with a terrible backache. I still have great difficulty sitting in hard seats for long periods of time. My back just starts to hurt so badly that I feel like crying.

What helps me the most is just remembering where I was in my recovery two weeks ago or even last week and where I am now. I am not where I want to be, but I am so much better that I was!

Wishing you a day filled with happiness!
Unread 12-06-2007, 06:48 AM

Back to work ... bluh

I've been working part time from home last week and this week. I need to get back to full time and the plan is to begin next week. My boss wants me to start slow, work full time from home for two weeks and then come back into the office. It's wonderful I have that kind of support and that I don't feel rushed. But to be honest, I really do believe I need to get back into the whole work thing soon -- get up at 6AM, go all day, go to bed at a decent hour, get up and do it all over again. It's going to be hard to get myself back on a regular schedule again. I've rather enjoyed living in my own little world that last 6 weeks!!

I really have no idea how back to normal I am. I took my dog out into the snow yesterday and played around with her a little bit, and felt it afterwards. It wasn't bad, didn't need to take any pain meds, but I felt it.

I feel fortunate though. No hot flashes, ovaries appear to be working as before surgery. No complications that I'm aware of. Still a bit of discharge. Sleeping is fine. I'm not taking stool softeners anymore and everything has returned to normal in that respect. My incision is still sore. I wonder what it will be like to wear real clothes again, all day, when I have to go back into the office. I worry about that!
Unread 12-06-2007, 07:13 AM

It is correct that if we remember where we were a few weeks, we have come along way, baby!

Yesterday, I went to a luncheon for a cancer support group, came home, rested, then went out to dinner and a Hanging of the Greens church service. I was pooped. I never expected to be so, so tired. This a.m. I still feel wiped out.

With this level of tiredness, I don't know how work will go. I guess I will soon see.

For today, I might go to a work reception thing this afternoon. I had decided not to go, then thought well, maybe I should try. Since I'm so tired, I'll just decide a little in the day. My DD and I are scheduled for a pedicure this afternoon, also. I may fall asleep getting my toesies done.

Overall, I feel much better. I'm cooking some breakfast ... simple ... fried egg and toast. I'm not doing any other cooking. Housework, not yet ... It's like, I feel like I could, but then I bend or reach and I realize ... oops, not yet.
Unread 12-06-2007, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine
(((((Ladies)))))) This thread is here to report your progress. If you have any questions or concerns about your own recovery, please begin a new thread in our Post Op forum. That way you will have the benefit of other members who are further along in their recoveries than only those members who read this thread and share your surgery date week.
Help...............I dont remeber how to start a new tread and I would like to....................I did it once but not sure how I did it.beacher29

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register