Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007 - Page 50 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007

Unread 12-06-2007, 07:16 AM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007

Anyone having blood pressure issues? Mine has gone haywire, thought it was just stress, but last night it went up to 186/107. Got a really bad headache. Sort of scared me. My doc had already added another bp med and now has me doubling one of them. Just wonder is it is a temporary thing until my ovaries recover from their shock....? Anyone else out there experiencing this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2007, 07:19 AM

So here's where I am at 5 weeks and 2 days...

I'm working from home full time... it's mainly sitting and typing with the occasional phone call thrown in for excitement.

I'm taking Ibuprofen 2x a day, 800 mg for the pain (all abdominal). It's not bad, but if I forget the Ibuprofen, I can really feel it.

I can lift 10 pounds without any pain. If I carry something of that weight for more than a minute or so, I start to feel the twinge in my abdomen that tells me I need to put it down.

I should take a walk every day, but I've been pretty slack on that front. If I go to the store or the mall, I count that as a walk.

As for fatigue, I don't feel like I'm more fatigued than I was before the surgery. I sleep later in the morning than I did pre-surgery, mainly because my DH takes the dog out in the morning since I'm still not ready to walk her. (She pulls like crazy.) Since I'm working from home, getting up at 7:30 instead of 6 is okay, but when I go back to the office, I'll need to start getting up on time.

I have a follow-up appt with the dr. next week. I'm curious to hear what he'll say about my progress. I get the idea that some women are totally off pain meds at this point and I am definitely not there yet.
Unread 12-06-2007, 10:18 AM

I am glad I posted this. I had a terrible back ache yesterday, and couldn't figure out what that was all about. I think I've been over doing it a bit. I cleaned a couple of our pet cages (sitting on the floor, lots of reaching) and then vacuumed. Oh yeah, I also wrapped gifts, did laundry, and went to walmart.

Maybe a slow down day is in order for me. I'm not taking pain meds, just an occasional dose of advil (otc strength). I do sleep late, mainly because I'm up every half an hour with the hot sweat, cold sweat thing.

Thanks for all your updates. Let's keep it up for a few more weeks !!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2007, 10:46 AM

hi, Gee, scootery, no wonder you had a back ache. ha ha. that's lot to be doing. Any of those reach and pull activities are still out for me.

Sleeping in ... yeah - I'll need to get up at least an hour earlier for work.

I wonder when I'll be able to work out and go hiking. Maybe by the time spring comes back around, I'll be up to walking to my favorite waterfall. This waterfall is about 5 miles from home. It's a mile or so hike, fairly strenuous, but not too bad and it's beautiful. This might be a good question for my doc next week.

thanks.
Unread 12-06-2007, 10:53 AM

Glad to hear your progress Lysippe - I'm right there with you, had surgery the day before you. I too am having to take Advil 800 mg at least once per day, and am glad to see I am not alone. I find myself trying to do too much in one day, and I don't even get it all done! I'm frustrated with my limitations still, but trying to look back and notice how far I've come! I don't go on specific walks around the neighborhood, but I have been going to the store and walking around and yesterday went to my work Christmas party/meeting, which I found very tiring, but nice to be out. I'm working four hours per day at home, next week probably six. I still have sitting issues because of my extensive rectal repairs and some abdominal cramping still with sitting. Not as bad today - yea!

Things are going pretty well, and I have to be very thankful!
Unread 12-06-2007, 12:55 PM

Hey Ladies I am almost at week 5 and I started bleeding again not heavy just on paper should I be worried???
Unread 12-06-2007, 01:27 PM

arafel1962
Could it be internal stitches? Seems like i remember reading that is what it looks like when they dissolve and come out.... anyone else?
Unread 12-06-2007, 03:07 PM

My doctor told me that it was normal to have spotting for about up to about six weeks, because that is how long it takes for the stitches to totally dissolve.
Unread 12-06-2007, 03:29 PM

My doc took a look at my vaginal cuff on Monday, and said that it was doing well, but all the stuctures were not completely disolved yet. Said they would check again in two weeks.
Unread 12-06-2007, 06:01 PM

Oh Boy! does my back hurt today, but it's not my lower back it's sort of in between my shoulder blades and it's killing me. I took ibuprofen 600mg
and did nothing for the pain. Do you think it's because I over did it, I went to the grocery store picked up somethings I needed, ran a couple of light errand and cooked dinner.
I hope you are all doing good.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register