Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007 - Page 56 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007

Unread 12-12-2007, 06:56 AM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007

Lysippe -- Good luck on your first day back in the office! I am still working from home until the new year. I don't know what I am going to do when I have to actually wear real clothes, I get these protests going, and put my jeans on, and then an hour later I am wishing I had brought my sweats.

On the Sirus, my guy is really into Music, we have both Sirus and XM. (I think its a guy thing, I don't understand having both) But I like the Sirus.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2007, 08:04 AM

Lysippe - behave, never! have fun and laugh. You know it was a good day when I could laugh/sneeze/cough without pain. I still feel the need to grab my belly.

Good luck with work. You are so right that some people just think all is back to normal.

I'm glad that my doc gave me another week off, though I actually fully expected to be back to work today. So, I'll just continue my work of resting and healing and walking.

Today, I do feel a little gloomy. It's cloudy and raining. I see water drops hanging on my kitchen window. I think that's a sign of cold weather, but it is very warm here for December. It seems weird. I wore short sleeves, no jacket to my doc's appt yesterday, but I really wanted to wear a Christmas sweater.

To Off topic, satellite radio. I checked on some stuff in the arena for my hubby, also. Can one install this equipment or is it best to pay for this? I'm still checking, but will probably make this purchase. My understanding is that you buy the radio thingy and then purchase the service separately and pay for it, monthly.
Unread 12-12-2007, 02:45 PM

Hey all,

So sorry to hear about work causing so many people grief. I think people just don't understand unless you've gone through this what it truly involves and how much it actually takes out of you. Please stand your ground when you can and take care of yourselves. We've come so far from our grand-panics the night before surgery up to sneezing-with-comfort now, we just can't undo all that work

Congrats to those that have done the deed (wink wink) and good luck to those that are attempting it! I'm off in an hour for my 6 week check up and feel the need to have my partner strapped to the chair if the doc gives us the go ahead.....

I'm still having some pretty bad cramps when going to the bathroom but I've always had that problem, was hoping the surgery might help. This of course is now causing a bit of discharge as I'm cramping which is new and exciting...lol.. I know we're so much farther ahead (I celebrate whenever I hit Friday because its another week) but there are just some moments of the day I give up!

Hope everyone's doing well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2007, 04:38 PM

I love my dr. I wish I could find a gp just like him. Post op went well, did internal exam, hurt a bit. I go back in 4 months, and then 6 months after that, and then another 6 months after that. Then I'd move to yearly exams (if I want...)

All clear for all activities, he suggested even doing situps and such which makes me happy, because I am really hating the bulge that is my stomach. He told me not to panic the first time I had sex if there was some blood because of granulation, but got the all clear on that front as well (though I asked if I could panic if there was alot of blood, and he still said no, just call me). But he said I was perfectly healthy gynocologically and he will continue to watch me, and not to worry, nothing bad is going to happen at this point that wouldn't have happened had I a healthy cervix and it wasn't removed.

But beyond that, I had a hugely busy day. Took the whole day off, and ended up blowing a tire on the freeway, so had to get a new one, got photographs taken to send to grandma, finished my christmas shopping, including extravagent stop at the chanel counter, and a trip to Walmart. AND I am not feeling horrible. Just a little achey.

I think i finally think its going to be ok.

Off topic on the Sirius. You can do the installation yourself, but there is an antena, I am sure it will look nicer if its installed professionally.
Unread 12-12-2007, 07:21 PM

Yay!! I'm back from my six week check up. I got the green light for most activities. First thing he asked was if I have had sex, and I told him, No, Im waiting on the green light. He said yes but be careful. He told me I could do my tread mill, but no sit ups or crunches. I've lost twelve pounds since surgery. I haven't had an apetite though, so once that comes back, I'm sure I'll pack it back on. I go back in two months, for another check up. He told me not to be scared if I have some bleeding after sex. He said that we all know our own bodies and know when to rest and relax, not to over do it, just to listen to my body.
Now, heres the kicker, I finally get the green light to have sex, and my hubby's back went out on him at work today. Go figure huh? ha ha. Oh well.
I hope all of you are doing well, and healing . Take care of yourselves. I'll post in a few days.
Vicki
Unread 12-12-2007, 07:58 PM
6 Week Check Up - Progressing nicely

Got a good check up today. Everything is healing well. Doctor wants me to take it easy for another two weeks (yeah!). Bladder issues I've been dealing with are not related to any infection - just post surgical bladder trauma. It should heal with time.

Feeling great. Hope it continues! Merry Christmas everyone!
Unread 12-12-2007, 10:14 PM

oh yes, bladder issues. I did mention that to my doc yesterday. she just told me again that the bladder is moved over during surgery and it takes time for it to readjust.
Unread 12-12-2007, 10:29 PM

Hi All,

I too have survived my first 'internal invasion'... (wink wink) and have come away with a clean bill of health and the green light on all activities.

I was SO scared of having that pelvic. He kept talking and talking and I was like COME ON... get the **** speculum in and let's get this overwith!!! I can say it wasn't fun and it felt uncomfortable but it really didn't hurt as such. He said it healed up nicely so all's good.

I was popping the questions out fast and furious and his answers were like: You could have driven a long time ago.
You could have had a bath a long time ago.
You could have had sex a long time ago.....lol....

I was like HELLO and told him that after what I'd read and been told that it was better to wait until my 6 week check up to get the all clear to do these things. Here I am thinking I could have started my life a lot sooner but he said better to be safe than sorry. And his basic line of thinking was I could do it if it didn't hurt. Which when you think about it makes sense but he said it was good that I asked first.

I was concerned about staying on the HRT for a long period of time. He said that because I was at least 10 years off from hitting normal menopause and he really wasn't concerned with the chances of breast cancer for me but more concerned with osteoperosis (I'm pretty small) I was to stay on the Premarin until further notice. We talked about it for a while and I also talked to my partner when we got home. I really don't like taking medication but we figured the pros outweighed the cons on this one and as long as I keep getting mammograms I should be fine.

Other than that he spoke of how bad it all was and was sorry I had been living with this for so long. Said he took a good look around in the 'cavity' and was happy with all the hard work that took place. Said that the minute bits of endo that were left would be eradicated once the Premarin kicked in and he fully believed it would not return. To which I proceeded to get a little weepy eyed when thanking him for taking the time to actually listen to me and helping me get to this new life!

Well.... that's me. According to him, all done and starting on the road to a whole new happy and healthy existence.

Something I wish for everyone else here!!

xxxx
Unread 12-13-2007, 05:57 AM

I did 6wk post-op dec.12th. doc said ok to resume sex, but after exam, no I was to sore for that,I had vaginal hysterectomy. Hubby said he would wait till I felt the time was right. dread going back to work,monday with 8-9 hr days , and a real physical job. but co-workers said they"ed help with my lifting restrictions, so really just worried about exhaustion. hope all of u continue to do well. Talk soon
Unread 12-13-2007, 07:41 AM

Glad to hear everyone is coming along. I am healing well also. Took the "plunge" too and everything was great! Still tire after a busy day. We live in the part of the country hit by the ice storm, were without power for only two days, we are lucky!! So glad it happened this far into recovery time! I too still have strang sensations, healing stuff, but nothing horrible.
Take care and stay well!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register