Tomorrow will be a week... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tomorrow will be a week... Tomorrow will be a week...

Unread 10-29-2007, 07:05 AM
Tomorrow will be a week...

I had my TVH on 10/23.
So almost one week post op I'm starting to get a sense of humor back, I'm inding myself going up and down the steps more and wanting to stay down stairs with the "general population" of my family. LOL

The one thing I had no preperation for? Constipation! If I didn't hurt due to that? I think I'd be feeling really good. I'm always feeling bloated. and the pain in my rectal area is paralyzing. When I go to have a bowel movement? It hurts me so bad that I get goosebumps and sick to my stomach along with the stomach pain. And I'm not straining, I'm just sitting there. I'm convinced this can't be normal.

I've been taking that stool softener/laxative combination pill thingy. Usually 2-3 a day but I"m not convinced it's working. I've been trying the apple juice way and I'm not sure THATS working either. I really hate the idea of prune juice but at this point? I think I'll try anything.

I tried to go to the grocery store the other day and by the time we got through the produce section I realized it was too far to walk. Yesterday was my first day with no pain meds because I'm wanting to give my bowels a break.

Any tips yall could give me would be great. Would you call the Drs office and "complain" about this? Or will they just tell me it's a normal side effect?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2007, 08:04 AM

hi barelysane, I know how you feel, I had this too. I'm still taking the stool softener & lax & drinking lots of water, plenty of fluids help. It's not just the meds but moving the insides arround can irratate the plumbing. I had 2 really bad days, the last 3 are better. I heard one lady say peppermint tea helped &another said milk of magnesia worked better for her. Dont' hesitate to call the dr. if you have concerns. mine has been really great. Also don't over do, you'll pay for it dearly,been there done that! my father inlaw is in hosp & we went to see him, that was enough to send me to bed for the rest of the day. I had TAH & BSO on 10/19, read surgery check points,they really help. I come here at least once a day to read new posts. There are so many and I can relate with a lot if them. Good luck to you, take care.
Terry
Unread 10-29-2007, 08:05 AM

I'm with you! It's been 4 days since my LAVH and I haven't had a BM either. Doing everything you are doing as well. I go in tomorrow to get stitches out so will ask then if I don't go by then. Call you doctor and see if what they recommend. I know the pain medicine causes constipation, but you need to take it if you still have pain. Keep walking, but don't over do it. DH bought some of the individually wrapped prunes in a clear tube. They don't taste bad and if they help--bonus!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2007, 09:07 AM

i was just reading the paper work and it said I had menorrhagia, hysmerorrhea, hyspareunia and cervial dysplasia...

That sounds so much worse than just the normal terms.

Today i went to the bank to make a deposit. While there? Totally broke out in a sweat and wanted to strip naked..lol This recovering is FUN!
Unread 10-29-2007, 02:17 PM

Went to the bank!? I can't even walk across the room without looking like a 89 yo old lady. I have one hand one my belly helping hold everything. I think I have some capri drawstring pants to wear tomorrow to get the stitches out (instead of my lounge pants).

Good news--I had my first BM this morning! Wasnt' much, but it was something.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register