Clots are increasing | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Clots are increasing Clots are increasing

Unread 10-29-2007, 11:19 AM
Clots are increasing

Can you get clots from adeno? The last six months or so I've been getting lots of apple seed sized clots with my period. Last week at work I passed a bunch of them, then one the size of a good size strawberry! It made me feel lightheaded. And freaked me out, freaked DH out even more! Now before the last six months I've never had a clot. I wasn't bleeding any heavier then any other period of late, but it still has me a bit worried. I'm scared to get my next period!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2007, 12:53 PM
Clots are increasing

my doctor is leaning towards adeno as my diagnosis and I just had ablation dont because of the HUGE clots and heavy bleeding I was having so I would say from my experience yes clots can be a part of adeno..... Try to relax as my drs nurse told me they look huge but its ok and your not going to bleed to death ( I thought to myself you arent looking at what Im looking at, but she was right) hang in there .... hope you feel better soon

be blessed
Unread 10-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Clots are increasing

Can clots be the result of anything else? I was never told I had adeno. I have a fibroid ( well, part of one now, LOL ) and thought that was why I was having such big clots. I've ALWAYS had clots, even when I was 12. Thought that was normal and always expected.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2007, 08:21 AM
Clots are increasing

I don't know. But I've never had them before. I thought I read somewhere that your uterus makes some horomone/chemical or something that prevents clots, and if you get them it's because the lining/blood isn't getting out quick enough? I'm not sure though.
Unread 10-31-2007, 09:01 AM
Clots are increasing

Certainly sounds like a good explanation to me. I've never had a period in my life w/o clots. But the size had increased dramatically. Sorry if TMI, but I can actually feel them when they are ready to come out and when they are coming out. Hopefully the ablation that I had last week will remedy that! Sorry that you are experiencing this. It must have been a bit frightening since you've never seen them before.
Unread 10-31-2007, 09:06 AM
Clots are increasing

Yeah, I must have gone white! Luckily no one else was in the bathroom with me because I let out a little yelp!

i asked about an ablation but the dr said it's not good for people with adenomyosis because it can make the pain worse! Can't do that! I already need narcotics for it!
Unread 10-31-2007, 09:29 AM
Clots are increasing

Oh, if you've got adeno, then I don't know what to tell you. From what I've read about it ( right here on hyster sisters ) ablations won't work w/ it.

I wonder how they diagnose adeno. I hope that isn't what I have since I just had the ablation. I do still have part of that darn fibroid, so I guess that's why they didn't suggest it.

LOL I know about yelling in the bathroom. I've been doing it for a little more than a year. Clots can be painful when they get large enough.
Unread 10-31-2007, 10:45 AM
Clots are increasing

Sometimes it'll show on an MRI, sometimes during a lap they can feel the uterus and it'll feel "boggy" but the only 100% way is to biposy it after a hysterectomy. Even then if they biopsy a part of it that doesn't have it it'll come up negative!
Unread 10-31-2007, 08:23 PM
Clots are increasing

Quote:
Originally Posted by garden1313
Yeah, I must have gone white! Luckily no one else was in the bathroom with me because I let out a little yelp!

i asked about an ablation but the dr said it's not good for people with adenomyosis because it can make the pain worse! Can't do that! I already need narcotics for it!
I had clots so big I could feel them coming and would sit on the toilet doing lamaze type breathing and it just HURT! the cramps felt like contractions! and now someone is saying ablation can make adeno worse? WHAT?!?!?!? Its all so confusing, and Im to tired to figure it out.... my doctor said that for insurance reasons even though he thought my symptoms leaned towards adenomyosis I had to have ablation first... and let me say so far the cramping has been far worse but Im not bleeding Im not having anything come out which has caused them to have to insert a tube to drain the fluid in my uterus on Monday he thought it would continue draining on its own but so far nothing and Im swelling up again so I will be seeing him again tomorrow.... sometimes I just hate insurance companies .... Im so tired of hurting and waking up crying because the pain medicine has worn off.... Im just tired.... I wish I could just say tomorrow enough schedule me for a partial hysterectomy and let the pain end! !! !

(sorry Im overwhelmed today and just frustrated beyond belief and hurting.....) I hope you all understand.... my hubby is at his wits end right now.... poor guy doesnt know what to do to help and I just want to scream.... lovely times at our house.... thanks for letting me vent
Unread 11-01-2007, 07:18 AM
Clots are increasing

Garden,
That sounds like alzheimers, where they can't really tell until after the person has passed and they inspect thier brain. How strange! You'd think they could tell by looking at it.

Tonto,
This drain you have, is it through your stomach or vagina? The more scary stories I'm reading about ablation the more I'm getting aggravated about having one. That's not to say I didn't research first, but I'm hearing more and more. I had mine about a week and a half ago and the past two days I've had miserable cramps. My hubby is at his wit's end also and sick of
"the whining".

Take care ladies

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register