Swollen Belly | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Swollen Belly Swollen Belly

Unread 10-29-2007, 04:59 PM
Swollen Belly

How long does it take for the extra swelling in the belly to go down. I'm nine weeks post op from total abdominal/BSO. My jeans still won't zip! Ha Ha. Do we have to go on a starvation plan or is there a better secret. You gals let me know. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2007, 09:40 PM
Swollen Belly

Hi,

I had swelly belly off and on for months. I noticed it would come up when I would exercise or over exert myself.

You are still early post-op and you are still healing. Swell belly eventually goes away in time.

Hang in there

s
Unread 10-30-2007, 04:36 AM
Swollen Belly

Maxicat,
It can take some time for the swelling to subside. I had it for quite for awhile, than it got better, but would flare up whenever I overdid it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2007, 09:22 AM
Swollen Belly

I am so glad that you have posted this thread... I am being so frustated about my swollen belly too... I never had a "flat" belly before, but now it comes from the stomach to the pelvis, like a pregnant woman...
Unread 10-30-2007, 09:35 AM
Swollen Belly

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxicat
How long does it take for the extra swelling in the belly to go down. I'm nine weeks post op from total abdominal/BSO. My jeans still won't zip! Ha Ha. Do we have to go on a starvation plan or is there a better secret. You gals let me know. Thanks.

Let me in on the secret if someone tells you!!....I still also have swelly belly by the afternoon and NONE of my pants fit and I had lost 7 lbs...so I finally conceded and bought a few pairs of the next size...but I hate it...I feel big and sluggish....but at least it will go away soon, hopefully..just as soon as you let me in on the secret
Unread 11-01-2007, 08:34 AM
Swollen Belly

oh boy this is distrubing - i lost 10 lbs so far and was wondering this same thing - my jeans wont fit of course its only been almost 3 weeks since surgery - in need my jeans to fit by the 19th -- i guess i may have to buy a bigger pair
Unread 11-01-2007, 08:48 AM
Swollen Belly

I was so glad to read this. I have read other posts about ladies fitting into their skinny jeans prior to 6 weeks and I too have lost weight and at 4 weeks am not even close to being in my pants! I sure hope it happens one of these days. I too am going to just order a size up and hope for the best.
Unread 11-01-2007, 09:47 AM
Swollen Belly

hey, glad to hear that others have lost weight and have gotten bigger as well. well, not glad that this has happened to us, but, glad not to be the only one ! ! i've got one pair of jeans that are stretchy, and used to be big enough that they were always falling down, if i forgot to put a belt on. now, they are tight, but, wearable. i wear them whenever i need to go out. otherwise, i wear a dress that has enough room to move. hmmm..... i'm really a jeans wearer. don't wear skirts/dresses much at all? hmmm..... don't really want to go shopping for bigger stuff, neither. i'm not working anymore, so can make do until this tummy sorts itself out. waiting waiting waiting.....gee.
Unread 11-01-2007, 10:15 AM
Swollen Belly

i have no dresses -- looks like i have to invest in 1 size larger jean
Unread 11-01-2007, 10:20 AM
Swollen Belly

Wow. I'm 10 days post op and have no desire to put jeans on. I've bought some nice track suits, and stuff that I can wear out and about............this belly thing is awful.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register