can there be a link? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

can there be a link? can there be a link?

Unread 10-29-2007, 11:08 PM
can there be a link?

I am having a hysterectomy because i have a mass on my uterus and endometriosis. Does anyone know if a dr. can tell if the mass is cancerous by an ultrasound? I was treated for cervical cancer 2yrs ago...can there be a link between the cervical cancer and the mass i have now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2007, 06:15 AM
can there be a link?

and

Hi Jayanne,

I don't know if there is a link between your cervical cancer and your mass. That mass could be a fibroid or something other than cancer, but I'm glad your doc is following up on it.

A vaginal ultrasound can give your doc a good indication if this mass is cancerous or not. That is how my ovarian cancer was initially diagnosed as "probably malignant". I suggest you have an U/S, and if it even looks slightly cancerous, see a gynecological oncologist before having your hysterectomy. THEY are the experts when it comes to dealing with gynecological cancers and will do the best job during your surgery and follow-up.

Good luck, and please let us know how things are going.
xoxo
k9
Unread 10-30-2007, 06:42 AM
can there be a link?

Thank you for the info...and the support. I hope all is well with you. It's helps alot to know i should at least know a little bit more after my ultrasound today. I need to get ready for my appt. today, but i can't tear myself away from here. My family is a great support system, but no one has been thru ne thing like this so they just aren't sure what to do. I love this site!!! It has been awesome already...I will post the dr. findings today when i get home. I have a feeling everyone will be seeing alot of me, lol, n I hope i will be seeing alot of you too!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2007, 06:56 AM
can there be a link?

dear jayanne...good luck today with your ultrasound...will you get the results right away? lucky you! depending upon your age, whether you are pre or post menopause and your other symptoms, (i see from your profile you are so young, 26!) plus the findings on the ultrasound, the dr. might have an idea whether the mass is cancerous or not, but i don't think he can be entirely sure until surgery, then pathology.

wishing the best for you and please do let us know how it goes. my heart goes out to you being so young and with a little one to be going thru all this. i'm glad you found us...there are a few young woman on this forum that you can relate to. good luck!
Unread 10-30-2007, 09:58 AM
can there be a link?

Hi Jayanne
Just wanted to say that I hope you got on okay at your appointment and my thoughts are with you - hope your news is good
x x x
Unread 10-30-2007, 08:39 PM
can there be a link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanne
I am having a hysterectomy because i have a mass on my uterus and endometriosis. Does anyone know if a dr. can tell if the mass is cancerous by an ultrasound?
Jayanne:

From my own personal experience, an internal ultrasound was not able to detect the cancerous tumor growing inside me. The doctors said that the internal ultrasound could not distinguish between the good and bad fibroids. My surgeon was totally surprised when the results from the pathology lab came back five days after my surgery and showed a cancerous mass of 8.4 cm. hiding inside my largest fibroid.

I don't know if this is true for detecting other cancerous masses by ultrasound. I am only relating what happened to me. Others may have had different experiences.

I wish you the best of luck with your upcoming hysterectomy. Please let us know how you are doing. We will be here, if you need us.

Unread 10-31-2007, 06:37 AM
can there be a link?

Sorry i didn't get back to ya'll right away yesturday...i was excited and my mom took me to dinner and we went shopping. It turned out NOT to be a tumor at all. It is scar tissue growing inside my uterus from my c-sections. The whole top half of my uterus is full of scar tissue, from my incision line up. My ovaries are pinned to the side of my uterus and encased in scar tissue. And he said it looked like my bladder was also connected by it. So I start the Lupron for sure tues. and my hysterectomy will be in two months(right after the second injection). I have to have a D&C biopsy next thurs. he said to make sure i don't have ne cancer hidin in the scar tissue, because my pap is still showing cancer cells. But other than that....I am excited...no cancer so far and i still will get the surgery to relieve my constant pain!!! Thanks girls for being here, my mom was happy, but i knew she didn't really understand the turmoil i was going thru like u all do!!! So thanks again girls
Unread 10-31-2007, 07:10 AM
can there be a link?

dear jayanne...that is fabulous news...you made my day! now go on and enjoy a healthy, long life. we'll be here for you after the surgery if you have any questions or want to vent. best wishes to you. (i can imagine how elated and relieved your mom is...my "kids" are your age.)
Unread 10-31-2007, 06:40 PM
can there be a link?

That's wonderful news! I hope everything goes smoothly with your upcoming D&C and hysterectomy. We'll be here if you need us.

Best of luck,
Unread 11-02-2007, 07:35 AM
can there be a link?

So glad to hear the good news. Having time to plan for your hysterectomy is ideal; and being able to wait until after the holidays must be a relief.

Blessings,

chublump

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register