bladder trouble | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

bladder trouble bladder trouble

Unread 10-30-2007, 06:36 AM
bladder trouble

I am 12 weeks post TAH with bladder and ureter repair. I still have pain at the repair site with activity or exercise. My bladder is still sensitive and am experiencing discomfort and spasms when I go. The dr says scar tissue still healing. Sex is uncomfortable and had light spotting after the other day. Anyone else have this repair? Are these symptoms normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2007, 07:41 AM
bladder trouble

I am 6 weeks post TAH, the Dr. said he had to scrape my bladder and move it. I still have to void frequently and have noticed some leaking and a change in my bowel habits. I too had some bleeding after sex at 6 weeks.
Just saw the Dr. yesterday, he said it is still abit early and I must be a slow healer. Not, that I know of I am taking vitamins and usually heal fairly quickly although I am still anaemic which might have something to do with the healing process. Anyway, he said he may have to do a procedure to help me with the healing process, I believe it is like a cauterization.
Unread 10-31-2007, 06:53 AM
bladder trouble

Sorry to hear that you're still having trouble also. I hope your healing will continue and you won't need the extra procedure.
It sounds like mine is healing slowly. I'll need to watch the symptoms and see if I need to call the dr. Did you talk to your gyno about your bladder?
My released me after 4 wks. I've got a urologist but don't know if he's the one to talk to about the bleeding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2007, 07:57 AM
bladder trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockys
Sorry to hear that you're still having trouble also. I hope your healing will continue and you won't need the extra procedure.
It sounds like mine is healing slowly. I'll need to watch the symptoms and see if I need to call the dr. Did you talk to your gyno about your bladder?
My released me after 4 wks. I've got a urologist but don't know if he's the one to talk to about the bleeding.
I sure feel for you, I have had extensive bladder problems, they started 17 years ago when I had my twins, (my uterus prolasped and had put pressure on my bladder for years. I was incontinent for years. Last year they found bladder cancer and several non-cancerous polyps in the bladder and urethra, so I had surgery to remove the tumors and polyps. I also had a TOT with a Asis Mesh implant to pull the urethra into position. I also had a something I can't spell repaired a cethephce?? Well, the mesh eroded through my vaginia over the past year so when I had my hysterectomy, the doc removed the mesh and did a "Self-graft" and repaired the bladder and urethrea. I am five weeks out and I am actually pretty good, I had severe bladder spasms for the first two weeks, but my doc gave me so meds that really helped. I have had two bladder infections and I am still on Cipro 500 mg twice a day. Just Hang in there, the bladder takes a long time to heal.... I haven't been released to take a bath or have intercourse and won't till after nine weeks....I can't believe that some docs let theri patients have intercourse after just 6 weeks. After my cancer surgery last year it was 12 weeks before I could...The bladder is so close to the uterus, that any thing we do or the docs do to the uterus affects the bladder. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to call your doc or ask for a referal to a urologist...you do not want to mess with this...I will keep you in my prayers and thought.
Unread 10-31-2007, 11:05 AM
overactive bladder

Had to get up 3 times during the night and again voided 3 times before 10 a.m. Had to void alot before surgery because my uterus was twice as big as a normal sized one.
When I told my Dr. Monday that I was still voiding alot he said it could take 6 months to a year.

I was under the impression that the hysterectomy would help with all my voiding. thanks for the advice on the urologist, I will ask for a referral. I am not bleeding now, so I hope things are healing better. I did have sex at about 6 weeks, since the Dr. told me at a previous appointment that was the time to wait. I guess it was too early, had some bleeding when he did the internal as well.

I will see my gyno on Nov. 12th, any advice on the questions I should ask? Checked the internet with my symptoms and ovarian cancer came up, so I am concerned.
Would the Dr. be able to tell during surgery if there was a problem?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register