Seroquel and Anxiety - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Seroquel and Anxiety Seroquel and Anxiety

Unread 11-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Seroquel and Anxiety

Pam, I sort of understand what you are going through. You stop one med start another and cause other problems. Hang in there I hope the Klonopin get you back to normal. It's very frustation. I'm having simular stuff with the estrogen. I think I may have found the right dose but having the pounding heart after a few hours when I take it is frustating. I see the dr today and will see how it goes. All the best. Kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Seroquel and Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamrose228
Nope, I was still getting a regular period before surgery. Hard to believe since I'm 54. Doc said because of BP and diabetes issues(well under control) said right now HRT too risky. My mom who will soon be 81, tried estrogen 2X in her life. Hated it and came off quickly. She is very healthy still.

It's funny how my gyn was so certain about my other health issues and complications, but didn't give a hoot about my mental health.
Hi,
I am 48 and just had a total abdominal hysterctomy on Sept. 13, 2007. I am taking Enjuvia hormone pill and using Estrace cream vaginally. I noticed you said you are not taking hormones. How do you get by without them? I feel like they are causing me anxiety and other problems, but when I went one day without them I had a terrible hotflash with auras, vomiting, the whole works. I have high blood pressure and diabetes and my mother died of a brain stem stroke at 67. My gyn. doesn't even seemed concerned that HMT can raise blood sugars and blood pressure, plus cholesterol levels. I am very overweight and fill like a timebomb waiting to go off. Did you have your ovaries removed too? My vaginal area is so dry. Sorry to go on so. Thanks for any info. you can give me.
Westielover
Unread 11-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Seroquel and Anxiety

Westielover,

I had everything removed except for the cervix. Hormonely I did horrible the first 10 days. I finally decided to start taking my Klonopin like I did before the surgery and it has made all the difference. Klonopin is a benzo valium like drug but it's interaction is difference from most of the others. Two doses lasts me an entire day.

Don't get me wrong I get some hot flashes and chills but not as bad as when I was anxious. I do suspect that I was very peri-menopausal still getting periods and just didn't know it. My periods were not as long and heavy in the last year or so, I even skipped one or two, so I had probably gone through some of the effects of menopause.

Be careful of the HRT, you seem to have similiar health problems as I do, except I am not overweight. I was warned many times that it was too risky. Vaginal creme I think is fine but the oral pills I just don't know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2007, 03:37 PM
Thanks Pam

Thanks so much for your quick reply. The medicine you said you are taking twice a day, can it be prescribed for long periods of time? Thanks again!

Westielover
Unread 11-02-2007, 03:49 PM
Seroquel and Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westielover
Thanks so much for your quick reply. The medicine you said you are taking twice a day, can it be prescribed for long periods of time? Thanks again!

Westielover

I've been taking Klonopin for 14 years and expect to take it pretty much for the rest of my life, since i have panic attacks and GAD.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register