why do I feel like crying?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

why do I feel like crying?? why do I feel like crying??

Unread 10-30-2007, 01:32 PM
why do I feel like crying??

Had my 2 week check up this AM. Doc said everything is healing great. Path report back and no problems. Pain is doing well, I've cut back on the meds by about 1/2. I can drive again. Our friends have been such a great blessing, helping with the kids and meals, and helping me run errands. So why am I so sad??? I thought moodiness might include being irratable, which hasn't been so bad, and I am still trying to get past the insomnia thing though it's not every night. But as I sat in the docs office I started to feel so sad, I just about started crying during my appointment, and I feel like I want to curl in a ball and let the waterworks loose right now. I don't want to see anyone or talk to anyone and I feel so alone I can hardly stand it.
Is this just the hormones? Is anyone else having this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2007, 01:38 PM

What you are feeling is completely normal. You have been through so much and you need to let it out. You have a loss and it is normal to grieve. I feel the same way. It does get easier. I pray you will find comfort. Please let us know how you are doing.

Janelle
Unread 10-30-2007, 02:05 PM

That is normal it is hard not just physicaly also mentaly. bighugs and heal up
hugs
lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2007, 02:10 PM

Hey Java Jane!

It's your 'neighbor'....go outside and experience this beautiful Fall day we have today! When I began to feel down-in-the-dumps at about 2 weeks post-op, my Mom would have me sit outside with her on the back patio for some fresh air and sunshine. No errands or activities, just a change of scenery and good outdoor smells.

It's OK to cry, too. God gave us all of our emotions for a reason!

Feel better soon....
Unread 10-30-2007, 02:20 PM

Hi Java Jane,

As everyone has said, it's very normal to be feeling this way. Yes your hormones are in a tizzy, but you're exhausted to. Also your body goes into a physical mourning for the loss of its part (even if it was the bad seed part!) Between all of those things and the fact that you're still physically limited, your body's still dealing with anesthesia, and pain meds in your system, it's a way for your body to release some of the trauma it has experienced. If you want to be alone, curl up into a ball and have a good boo hoo, you go ahead and do it. When you're through, I also think taking in some fresh air on this beautiful fall day isn't a bad idea either. If you can't come out of the funk soon, give your doctor a shout and just let him/her know the emotions you're feeling. The two of you together can decide if any further steps need to be taken to help you cope on the short term. In the meantime, know that you're not alone. We sisters understand, and there's always a shoulder here to lean on. Take care of yourself. Peace to you.

Tracy
Unread 10-30-2007, 03:28 PM

Hi, I'm weepy, too! I'm two weeks post-op, still in pain, and LONELY and bored to death here in the house all day alone.

My oldest son (Jr. in college) seems to have forgotten that I even exist. I cry about that almost daily. He's called me once in two weeks...and that was only the obligatory phone call. It lasted two minutes and he was totally disinterested in my recovery.

I'm so hurt by his lack of caring...I'm hoping it's just his age (although my 18 y/o son calls every other day) and not a true reflection on how he feels about his mother.
Unread 10-30-2007, 03:36 PM

In reply to the kids not paying attention to your situation.....I'm very close to my DD who is a freshman in college this year. Although she's not terribly far away, she only called a couple of times and talked to my mom or my DH in the weeks following the surgery. The only time she initiated a call to me was when my in-laws were here and I texted to her that they were driving me crazy with making them dinner and they didn't help at all.

I think she was protecting herself by not talking to me during the initial recovery. She kept tabs on me thru the others in the house. She only worred about me when she knew I was alone and hurting as I waited on the in-laws and cooked for them. She was very sympathetic and knew I needed someone to talk to.

I believe they do protect themselves from seeing us 'down'. We are the strong ones and we are always there to fix their boo-boos and they don't know how to help us when we are 'weak'.

Hang in there....it WILL get better...I promise!
Unread 10-30-2007, 06:27 PM

You are not alone. I had my surgery on the 27th of Sept. I started back to work on the 22nd of Oct. (1/2 days). I feel so tired sometimes I want to cry. It is frustrating. I am still feeling pain in my stomach (my surgery ended up being abdominal b/c of bleeders- supposed to be laproscopic). Trying to keep up with the kids is difficult and my husband travels. I am on hormones, but I guess it takes I while.
I am so physically tired sometimes! I pray it gets easier.
Unread 10-31-2007, 01:38 PM
thank you!!!

Thank you all SOOO MUCH for your support and kind words. The deep dark hole I feel into yesterday has disappeared. I did have my good boo-hoo, almost all afternoon, but by the evening I was mainly just totally exhausted mentally, physically and emotionally. I still have no idea what came over me, but I'm thankful it has passed!
Thank you again so much just for being there when I felt so utterly alone.
Unread 10-31-2007, 01:44 PM

I have also been feeling very weepy. I have a breakdown every few days. It's ben 2 weeks since my LAVH and I kept my ovaries so this was shocking to me to feel so hormonal! My husband thinks there is something wrong with me. I'm glad to here that it's normal!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register