postop pain.. dont know what it is??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

postop pain.. dont know what it is??? postop pain.. dont know what it is???

Unread 10-30-2007, 09:24 PM
postop pain.. dont know what it is???

I had a lap full hysterectomy taking everything but my right ovary on the 23rd. Ever since Ive been home ive only had a few days of site pains. But Ive had this awful soreness...dont mean to gross anyone out. .. right on the outside of my area. It hurts really bad to sit upright, so sitting in a hard chair upright is def out of the question! I also have cramp type pains, which i know is impossible since I dont have a uterus anymore. The first couple times I urinated after surgery hurt reallly bad. I screamed in the hospital right after i woke up to take the cath out cuz it hurt soo bad. I told my dr office that i was still havin pain, they said it was from constipation. But that isnt it. It still hurts when i urinate but not really bad, and it doesnt burn. Anyone know of this, have it? Have had it? HELP!
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2007, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lin4407
I had a lap full hysterectomy taking everything but my right ovary on the 23rd. Ever since Ive been home ive only had a few days of site pains. But Ive had this awful soreness...dont mean to gross anyone out. .. right on the outside of my area. It hurts really bad to sit upright, so sitting in a hard chair upright is def out of the question! I also have cramp type pains, which i know is impossible since I dont have a uterus anymore. The first couple times I urinated after surgery hurt reallly bad. I screamed in the hospital right after i woke up to take the cath out cuz it hurt soo bad. I told my dr office that i was still havin pain, they said it was from constipation. But that isnt it. It still hurts when i urinate but not really bad, and it doesnt burn. Anyone know of this, have it? Have had it? HELP!
thanks
I have had the same "cramps off and on since sunday also had surgery on 23rd. I am chalking it up to everything being moved around in there, when I urinate it seems that my bladder cramps ,too. Had u/a today when went to have incisions checked ( one on right side came open) no uti. If you think about it your intestines have moved into the space where your uterus once was it is going to take more than a few days for thing to quiet down.
hope you are feeling better soon. I have noticed for about an hour before I have bm it hurts to sit also. I never in a million years thought I would be talking about this on the computer.
Unread 10-31-2007, 03:55 AM

I had a LAVH/BSO and had no real site pain. . .but it did hurt to sit especially on hard surfaces. . .I chalked it up to pressure from above and then from the hard chair squishing all those tender bits in the middle! I sat on soft surfaces when I had to sit. . .I took a pillow with me.

I too had horrible cramps from the catheter. . .I'm like, I have no uterus so why the cramps!? I had it removed and no more cramps.. .but I had the weirdest tingling sensation all around the outside and had to have ice packs up against that area. . .very embarassing! It settled down after a few days though I still get the odd tingle. I still don't know what that was.

My bladder seemed a bit wonky at first and I was scared it wasn't filling up properly but that has settled down after 2 weeks so I think it was just my body parts moving around and the effects of poking around in that area.

Even if there is no UTI, I'd drink lots of water and cranberry juice just to make sure you don't get one. The surgery and catheter may have bruised your urethra. . .it's so close to the vagina.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2007, 08:13 AM

Everyone feels pain differently. I realized that when my abdomen feels tight and my back hurts, then I need a pain pill. I take 800 mg Motrin first and resort to Percoset (1/2 to start) if that doesn't help within a little while. Take it easy and don't try to tough it out.
Unread 10-31-2007, 09:12 AM

Hi lin4407

I had my TAH 12th october. I too was having pain when peeing and a lot of other pain throughout my abdomen. I went to see the dr after 2 weeks and he explained that my 'insides' were complaining about being moved about so much during surgery and that normally it takes a few days to quieten down but sometimes, like with me, can take much longer.

I am unlucky and am still getting quite a bit of gas and constipation also slight bladder cramps still. Not too painful, just uncomfortable. Dr said just to eat as heathily as possible and be as active as I can, although also I just have to accept that things with me will just take a bit longer and not to worry about it. Things are slowly getting better each day.

Hope you are feeling much better soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register