Eye Pain and Dry Skin after hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Eye Pain and Dry Skin after hysterectomy Eye Pain and Dry Skin after hysterectomy

Unread 10-31-2007, 12:46 AM
Eye Pain and Dry Skin after hysterectomy

I have been having severe eye pain during the night and day. My eyes are red and look horrible and I woke up the other morning and had to wait about 35-40 minutes before I could drive because my vision was blurry. I keep eye drops by my beside so when I wake up with I pain, I have something I can use. My skin is also so very dry and nothing I have been using works. My head and skin itch because they are so dry and head and shoulders shampoo or any other shampoo I use is not working.

Do any other members out there have the same problems with eye pain and dry skin? If so, what products have you been using that help you.

Thanks!

Hyster Sister
dreamjen1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2007, 11:29 AM

I have had very dry skin and scalp for alot of years now, but it has been worse sense my hyster too!My skin seem svery sensitive, to the feel of just about anything I wear and the way my sheets feel as well..
I try to brush my hair everyday( so thick and curly) I use a water bottle to mist it and a hair pick, instead of a comb or brush.that seems to help brushing it and I use a dandriff shampoo at least once a week. I got some Dove cream oil body wash and the lotion, that helps .also using,Eucerin plus foot repair cream on my feet and Eucerin plus hand creme..It helps ..I hope this helps you some..I think the dry scalp is what really drives me nuts!
I even scratch in my sleep, my scalp is full of scabs at times.Anyone got any ideas that may help?
Oh forgot about the eye thing..my eyes are blurry in the morning, itch and water alot!,I do have allergies though.
I take a allergy pill and use nose spray..
I have noticed that my eyes arent right sense my hyster as well like I need to get new glasses..Anyone else?

Unread 10-31-2007, 09:15 PM

I have allergies and get those symptoms but i do know hormones can cause dry eyes and stuff .. sorry im not much help
hugs
lisa and good luck with that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2007, 09:33 PM

I didn't have the dry eyes but did have the dry skin. I've always had dry skin, but right after my surgery it was really flaky. Lotion didn't seem to help. It finally just got better. Hormones maybe?
Unread 10-31-2007, 10:46 PM

Hi dreamjen

What has your Dr said about your symptoms? If they are caused by allergies then a good antihistamine might help. These symptoms can also be caused by low estrogen levels. There may even be another reason. Your Dr would be the best one to diagnose you and treat you.

Let us know what your says.

s,
Kay

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register