High Blood Pressure? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

High Blood Pressure? High Blood Pressure?

Unread 10-31-2007, 04:30 PM
High Blood Pressure?

I'm 3 months post-op. Since the beginning of this month my blood pressure has gone up a bit. It runs between 130-150/90 on the average. My regular MD started me on a water pill to the atenolol that I've been on previously. Should I call my gyn. and let him know too? It's been pretty much ok until now. I 've never had that bottom number consistenly at 90 like it is now either. Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice would sure be welcome. Thanks in advance.

Daisy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2007, 05:19 PM
High Blood Pressure?

Hi daisydame, I'm 6 wk post op and the first 2 weeks I had really high blood pressure. The 3rd day after surgery mine was something like 170/102. Saw 3 doc about this and no one could figure out why. They put me on bp meds and it came down. After 2 weeks I weened my self off accroding to what the doc told me. I've never had high bp before surgery. Now I'm not on bp meds anymore but my bp is slightly high at times and then normal. I don't know if it's the estrogen I'm on or the sleep meds/ antianxiety meds. I've been on the other stuff before but the only new thing is estrogen. the cardiologist thought maybe hormone imbalance. Any advice would be helpful to me too. I undestand how you feel Daisy.
Unread 10-31-2007, 05:37 PM
High Blood Pressure?

I've been on atenolol and a water pill awhile before my surgery. As I have gotten older my pressure has gotten higher....After surgery it was low enough I didn't need my meds while at the hospital...of course when I got home I continued...

My famly Dr. also had me on Prempro for awhile before my surgery and afterwards my OBGYN replaced that with Premarin..

As long as your family Dr. has all your info from your surgery, I wouldn't think you would have to call unless he thinks you should...

Good Luck !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2007, 09:31 PM
High Blood Pressure?

Thank you for the replies ladies--I was wondering if it could be a hormone imbalance. I had my ovaries taken so I guess it might be posssible. I'm on Evista right now. From what I gather it's different from other hormone replacements. It's used to prevent and treat bone loss. It's a SERM. Selective estrogen receptor modulator. He put me on this because of my high blood pressure. I don't know--I eat right on most days, walk at least 3x a week, and mix up yoga with water exercises. It's just frustrating, I'm trying to do more now post-op to take care of myself, and my BP goes up instead of down. Thanks for listening.

Daisy
Unread 10-31-2007, 10:34 PM
High Blood Pressure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisydame
Thank you for the replies ladies--I was wondering if it could be a hormone imbalance. I had my ovaries taken so I guess it might be posssible. I'm on Evista right now. From what I gather it's different from other hormone replacements. It's used to prevent and treat bone loss. It's a SERM. Selective estrogen receptor modulator. He put me on this because of my high blood pressure. I don't know--I eat right on most days, walk at least 3x a week, and mix up yoga with water exercises. It's just frustrating, I'm trying to do more now post-op to take care of myself, and my BP goes up instead of down. Thanks for listening.

Daisy
Does anyone else have high blood pressure in your family?

If so ,sometimes it doesn't matter what you do to eat more healthy or exercise...just like high cholestrol...But doing all that stuff will make you feel better in the long run!!!

I get both from my parents....they could have passed something better down to me , but what can you do?
Unread 11-01-2007, 05:11 AM
High Blood Pressure?

I have high B/P, have had it since Iwas 20, and a size 3. I've been tested for all kinds of things causing it, but it was determined that it's genetic. Have been on B/P meds for 28 years now. For me, it's just how I am. I have been exercising 5 days a week and that has helped keep it down, but it's been determined that I will always have to take meds for it.
Unread 11-01-2007, 05:58 PM
High Blood Pressure?

High bp and high cholesteral both run in my family. My father had his first heart attack in his late forties. I guess I'm getting a little worried now that I'm getting close to that age. I just want to be healthy!!!! Thanks for listening, you all are great!

Daisy
Unread 11-01-2007, 06:13 PM
High Blood Pressure?

Three weeks before my surgery I went in for the pre op testing. There they decided a had high blood pressure. In all fairness it was 180/90. They did not clear me for surgery and I had to go to my primary physician so he could look me over. This was two days later. They took my blood pressure, it was still high. He put me on Coreg CR and wanted to check me out in another week. Well I'm thinking I was extremely stressed out getting prepared for surgery and dealing with my kid starting college and the like. It's six weeks after surgery and I need to go back to the dr and have him check me out again. Last check I was 122/something low, I think I might be able to be weened off the meds and go from there.
Glad I am not the only one dealing with this stuff.
take care,
Mel
Unread 11-01-2007, 07:11 PM
High Blood Pressure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisydame
High bp and high cholesteral both run in my family. My father had his first heart attack in his late forties. I guess I'm getting a little worried now that I'm getting close to that age. I just want to be healthy!!!! Thanks for listening, you all are great!

Daisy
Both run in my family also...My mom is 81 and has been on BP meds since she was 17 years old...My father had a massive heart attack and passed when he was 50, he had just found he had HBP(extremly)didn't feel the meds were working but would'nt go back to the DR. Didn't figure he needed to since he had a appointment the next week...We were told a major artory burst....

So if you need to take meds, at least you found out before it was too late !!
Unread 11-01-2007, 07:39 PM
High Blood Pressure?

Brenda- You're absolutely right. At the first sign of high bp and cholestrol my doc put me on the meds, given my family history. I'm thankful of that. And also thankful the meds exist. We are blessed to live in a time of great modern medicine. God bless, and I pray for the best of health for us all.

Daisy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register