Weight Loss post op - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Weight Loss post op Weight Loss post op

Unread 11-14-2007, 10:57 AM
Weight Loss post op

how much do all our parts weigh? I've been chicken to weigh, but i'm getting there. I probably will wish i had a comparison from right after surgery. I typically weigh, weekly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2007, 08:53 AM
Weight Loss post op

I had a LAVH w/repair work for bladder prolapse. I'm 7 weeks out from surgery and I'm 5 lbs. up! I've had weight issues all of my life and had managed to lose 30 lbs. doing the Weight Watchers program. I'm terrified I'm going to gain back all of my weight. I've been afraid to do anything, but walk as far as exercise goes. I'm headed back for my first Pilates class tonight. Wish me luck! I'm feeling great, except that I crash @ night. So tired! I don't want to over do and end up feeling crappy. I just had to get all of that off my chest!!!! Thanks for listening!
Unread 11-16-2007, 10:08 AM
Weight Loss post op

Love to walk I was wishing my parts weighed 20lbs LOL I've leveled out still just 3lbs lighter hoping to old onto that. I do walk just a mile everyday in the morning down from 3 miles a day with the dog. Haimming vent all you need I crash out every night I still get so tired after trying to do laundry pick up the house or make dinner I feel great in the morning and it all goes downhill by mid afternoon so I try to listen to my body . Be careful in pilates take it slow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2007, 10:23 AM
Weight Loss post op

I went into hospital at 150 - I lost around 10 lbs the month before surgery since my fibroid was getting so big, I didn't have much of an appetite. Was I honkerblonked when I came home from the hospital after having a soccer ball sized uterus/fibroid removed and weighed 155!! Now, the weight is coming off.....I think my body had to get rid of some of the fluid. I'm not especially hungry, so I'm not eating a lot and I weighed 145 this morning. I'm hoping to get on the treadmill soon and try to keep my weight down a bit. I was thin before I had kids! Oh, but even with the swelly belly, my stomach looks a lot flatter. That huge uterus had been bulging out quite a bit!!
Unread 11-16-2007, 02:12 PM
Weight Loss post op

my "package" only weighed 2 pounds. i was sure the doc dropped a zero so i asked again. nope. 2 pounds. and the scale hasn't budged, up or down. i guess i should count my blessings. i walk a half an hour daily but not sure the distance. probably less than a mile. it makes me feel so alive!
Unread 11-16-2007, 02:33 PM
Weight Loss post op

Quote:
Originally Posted by honk4goosey
my "package" only weighed 2 pounds. i was sure the doc dropped a zero so i asked again. nope. 2 pounds. and the scale hasn't budged, up or down. i guess i should count my blessings. i walk a half an hour daily but not sure the distance. probably less than a mile. it makes me feel so alive!
That's strange cause my package weighed 3 pounds and I have dropped 20 pounds. Maybe I had more fluid in me. The doctor said the fibroids were not that heavy just big. All i know is my pants size is 1 1/2 down from what it was pre op.
Can't wait till I can go back to the gym to tone up.
Any suggestions on how I can tone up that loose skin hanging down over my pants. and
Unread 11-17-2007, 05:04 PM
Weight Loss post op

Pam they say drinking skim milk helps with the flabby skin issues.

I lost 45 pounds before my surgery and I gained 8 pounds while in th hospital even though I ate practically nothing. I am down the 8 I gained plus another 3 BUT I have lost a lot of inches. My waist is down 4 inches from pre surgery and my hips about 5. The thing I don't like is the overhang of flesh just above my incision the doctor said it will go away but I hate it and I can see it in everything I wear. It has gone down some but not enough for me.
Unread 11-17-2007, 05:18 PM
Weight Loss post op

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukipup
Pam they say drinking skim milk helps with the flabby skin issues.
Really.....I never heard of that one. I don't really like skim milk
but what the heck. How much do you have to drink?
Unread 11-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Weight Loss post op

I think they recommend 2 glasses a day, it is supposed to help firm you up, I dont like milk so I try to have pudding etc and for age 51 and having lost weight I am not really flabby, no swinging flab under my arms or anything liek that, I have cellulite but that is another story, I don't think there is anything that gets rid of that except liposuction.
Unread 11-18-2007, 01:22 PM
candy, candy, candy

Issybuzzy I have been craving carbs like mad..I was down a little after surgery but now I weigh more than before my surgery and I am in a panic!.. I am not used to gaining wt like this usually if I go up a few I could drop a few in a week or so by just watching what I eat.. this weight gain is creeping me out!! I prob need sukipups 1000 cal diet!

I had my thyroid & hormone levels ck'd (per my own request at my post op in Aug) & was told everything was within "normal range." But I this is weird I can't help but think one or the other is changing my bod..yikes!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register