I swear if one more person..... - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I swear if one more person..... I swear if one more person.....

Unread 11-04-2007, 05:43 AM
I swear if one more person.....

Ccoffin - I don't think that feeling ever goes away re:babies you are the only one who can decide whether or not it will dominate the rest of your life. Your ex-husband made the decisions he did based on his own lack of understanding of life and as a result has more mouths to feed and will often find himself thinking 'was it really worth it?'.

We can't do anything about other people's feelings, we do what's right in prolonging our lives. If you'd not had the procedure you may not be with us right now, you've made a sacrifice that has returned in giving you your health and vitality back. The only person who can decide on ending the depression is you. It's up to you what you do from here on. Besides medications there's exercise, becoming involved with community fun runs and walks etc.. I've found the latter to be of immense help in getting me over the mound of depression I've felt in the past 5 years. Can't recommend it highly enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-04-2007, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixi1972
I am sorry I was just in a bad place for a minute....
Bad places stink and bad/mean/rude comments from ignorant people do not help to make it a better place to be. Sometimes I wish real life would be like Looney Toons so we could hit someone in the head with a mallet and not go to jail for murder.

Speckla
Unread 11-04-2007, 10:26 AM

Ccoffin - I have had depression for more than 5 years and have also used many types of anti-depressants.

One thing I have learned in life is that we can't let one thing define our whole lives.

You are much more than a woman without a uterus.

I know this is just a minor health set back for me. I am now going to take better care of myself. This has taught me that I have to take good care of myself so I can take good care of my family. I am going to eat better and exercise. I am also going to take a nutritional class at a local community college. This is just the beginning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-04-2007, 05:40 PM

I know how you feel I had a "lady" at work tell me that because I had a hystorectomy I will never have an orgasm again. I think I kind of freaked her out when i said to her that I had just had one that morning before work! People are so ignorant!!
Unread 11-04-2007, 06:37 PM

tell them you can have all the sex you want now including their boyfriend.
that will shut them up
Unread 11-05-2007, 09:06 AM

Coming here to vent, and maybe jot down a few "I coulda said that" remarks doesn't mean that we are being mean, nor does it necessarily mean that any of us are going to go out in real life and blurt out these things. The truth is, people say hurtful things, and maybe not all of us can have that warm fuzzy, lets all be friends attitude about it. Especially when we are the minority out there. And WE are the ones who are hurting.

Yes, people are going to say rude things, and maybe we might want to VENT on here. Because venting here, means we are getting it off our chest, and communicating it to people who have maybe been there.

So we had some lighthearted fun thinking of all the things we could say in response to others' ignorance. Should we get guilt tripped here too?

I say not!
Unread 11-05-2007, 09:29 AM

Sometimes you just want to pull each of their hairs out with dull tweezers, huh?

Speckla
Unread 11-05-2007, 09:29 AM

Ditto!
Unread 11-05-2007, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoffin
How Long does it take to not feel so empty inside. I have had my hysterectomy for almost 7 years due to cancer and a removal of my uterus and my life. I at times wish I had just not had it done and took my chances. I have been on every antidepressant available, thought about shock treatment, got a job in a birthcenter to be around babies all the time to try and "get it out of my system", nothing works. Please tell me it goes away. Yes I have other children and I am so very very sick of people telling me "WELL YOU SHOULD APPRECIATE THE ONES YOU HAVE"

Duh don't you think I do they are the only ones that keep me from taking my own life day after day.

I just can't take it I feel so empty so worthless and what do you even bother having sex for anymore nothing will come of it.

Yes it did ruin my marriage of 10 years too. He wanted more children and guess what two years after my hysterectomy he got his wish and a beautiful little boy with another woman. So much for his old family.

Wow I doubt anyone will read all of this but I just needed to write it. I was hoping someone out there understands how I feel cause no one I know does.

actually I don't even try and share this with anyone because they are all just thrilled I don't have my period and how lucky am I. UGH!!! If only they could really see/ no/ understand how unlucky I feel.

My SAH is the day after tomorrow and I am the proud mother of 5 children. I know how you feel... I feel guilty for feeling that way when so many have been unable to have ANY but all the same I do! I was always told we should never be sorry for our FEELINGS... it's what we do with them that we have to watch. You are not alone! So much of my life has centered around being a mommy... I will still be a mommy but am worried about that hole where my uterus once was too.

As far as comments. The emotions we feel are often so very strong I am glad that we have a place to express them! Sometimes there are things that we need to say to get them out and we need a place to express them with out burining any one or any bridges in the process.
Unread 11-05-2007, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriana
Coming here to vent, and maybe jot down a few "I coulda said that" remarks doesn't mean that we are being mean, nor does it necessarily mean that any of us are going to go out in real life and blurt out these things. The truth is, people say hurtful things, and maybe not all of us can have that warm fuzzy, lets all be friends attitude about it. Especially when we are the minority out there. And WE are the ones who are hurting.

Yes, people are going to say rude things, and maybe we might want to VENT on here. Because venting here, means we are getting it off our chest, and communicating it to people who have maybe been there.

So we had some lighthearted fun thinking of all the things we could say in response to others' ignorance. Should we get guilt tripped here too?

I say not!
i had a lot of ugly things said to me before and after my operation.I couldnt beleive it.But it
worked for me. All in good fun, girl

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register