I swear if one more person..... - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I swear if one more person..... I swear if one more person.....

Unread 11-14-2007, 11:04 PM
I swear if one more person.....

I had my TVH 10/18 and I just went back to work full time a few days ago. People at the office are saying....." I bet you feel so much better now!" I bet you feel like you can run a marathon" They just don't realize that a person doesn't recover that quick! I am still feeling so tired, just from everyday housework and life, let alone working full time again. I know it will get better. People just don;t know unless they've been there. Best wishes to you all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2007, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixi1972
Will it grow back! I mean where are these people living? under a rock I can only assume.
Lord, have mercy-- are they star fish with cell regeneration abilities?
Unread 11-15-2007, 05:09 PM
Stupid Stupid Stupid

I too have been asked if it will grow back,How will you go pee and arent you soooo happy you had this done?and I am a nurse in the army.it was fellow medics that asked me if i would be able to pee!When i had my surgery a little of 2weeks ago I had the worst nursing care that I could have ever think of.I have devloped a UTI because of nurses not emptying my bladder for 12 hours.but when i vented about the nursing care i had i was told that was a nursing shortage and that not all nurses were bad and that I needed to let it go.did I mention that i AM A NURSE?I know all about burnout(was told by hospital that they were having trouble with nurse burnout)I served for a year in baghdad!ok I think i got all of that out of my system.oh and about being so happy to have this done?yes i am happy i will not have the heavy bleeding anymore but at what price?I am 29 have no kids and have been so sick for so long that i don't know how to act now.thanks I know this post has gone all over the board but I took a dilaudid about an hour ago and my brain is mush..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2007, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebratt
I too have been asked if it will grow back,How will you go pee and arent you soooo happy you had this done?and I am a nurse in the army.it was fellow medics that asked me if i would be able to pee!When i had my surgery a little of 2weeks ago I had the worst nursing care that I could have ever think of.I have devloped a UTI because of nurses not emptying my bladder for 12 hours.but when i vented about the nursing care i had i was told that was a nursing shortage and that not all nurses were bad and that I needed to let it go.did I mention that i AM A NURSE?I know all about burnout(was told by hospital that they were having trouble with nurse burnout)I served for a year in baghdad!ok I think i got all of that out of my system.oh and about being so happy to have this done?yes i am happy i will not have the heavy bleeding anymore but at what price?I am 29 have no kids and have been so sick for so long that i don't know how to act now.thanks I know this post has gone all over the board but I took a dilaudid about an hour ago and my brain is mush..
You have every right to be mush right now, look at this long road you've been on! I think some people just don't think before theyspeak and you can only feel sad for them....it's fun to educate and then watch their facial expressions if you want to have a little fun with it! Do the, "Oh, to pee, yeah I have a special bag I use now but it's no big deal, hey want to help me with something, it'll only take a minute" and then pretend to reach! No, just kidding, but we've all wanted to just mess with these people who don't think. Look at it as a way to regain those lost minutes of life having to listen in the first placE!!!!! Hope this finds you well and next mush brain/venting session, count me in!!!
Unread 11-16-2007, 10:03 AM

Ok I am confused.Why did this post move?I thought that aching hearts was the place to post threads like this one?was I wrong?
Unread 11-16-2007, 10:38 AM

Just thought I'd share something someone "told" me before my surgery Oh hysterctomy huh be careful what you eat afterwards its just like snorfleing a dog your going to gain weight Mind you I'm 54 had periods q28 days sometimes lasting for 28days severley anemic you all know the score I just looked at her with that face and she KNEW she had said something stupid. other than that acceptance is the only other thing that got me going I accepted it along time ago I had to do it I know its bothersome but alot of people are just ignorant to the fact and not educated in the research If any one asked me if it would grow back I think I'd faint I'm just thrilled to have found this website have learned alot can relate to alot and dont feel alone here.
Unread 11-17-2007, 08:05 AM

I also think that if one more person tells me to let go to what you have been through, I'm gonna scream!!!
I can be thankful and grateful, but it is kinda hard to let go.....then I think let go of what???? I've lost a part of me, physically and emotionally. Believe me, I would love to let go of the hot flashes, night sweats, headaches, the sleepless nights, the tears!!!! That I can do without!!!
I know it is going to take time, That's fine, but when people who do not know what in the world they are talking about, it starts to get to you!!!

All in time....not our time, in our bodies time, we can only help ot along

Unread 11-17-2007, 10:54 AM

OK Is the word snorfle not allowed it keeps changing when I typed it I thought it was me typing??
Unread 11-17-2007, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keptmyovaries
OK Is the word snorfle not allowed it keeps changing when I typed it I thought it was me typing??
If your are trying to type what the word that refers to the hysterectomy of a dog then I think the moderaters change it because for some reason it may upset someone or somehthing like that.this site is great but it has some strange rules and regs.I think that sorfle sounds worse than the word it's self.I couldnt tell what it was supposed to be untill i read it a few times.I hope this helps.
Unread 11-18-2007, 09:46 AM

It's an automatic sensor that changes the word. It's to avoid having a procedure done at a vet's office compared to a hyst. So, it just changes it automatically anytime it's used.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register