Bladder/foley Cath Problems | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bladder/foley Cath Problems Bladder/foley Cath Problems

Unread 11-01-2007, 08:54 PM
Bladder/foley Cath Problems

I'm one week post op. Had an appointment with urologist yesterday. She wants me to leave my cathater closed today and see if I can nudge my bladder into emptying on it's own. Drain only if in much discomfort. She says I may need to go back to the hospital Saturday to have her loosen my sling. I'm terrified at the prospect. I did open up and drain twice this afternoon; but not too much actually there. I have to call her at 9 a.m. tomorrow with the results. I'm not sure if the pain I have is from all the things I've had done, or just the bladder issue. Anyone..... ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2007, 09:52 PM

Sorry im not much help but i hoep some one can help. hope it all goes good
hugs
lisa
Unread 11-01-2007, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busha1954
I'm one week post op. Had an appointment with urologist yesterday. She wants me to leave my cathater closed today and see if I can nudge my bladder into emptying on it's own. Drain only if in much discomfort. She says I may need to go back to the hospital Saturday to have her loosen my sling. I'm terrified at the prospect. I did open up and drain twice this afternoon; but not too much actually there. I have to call her at 9 a.m. tomorrow with the results. I'm not sure if the pain I have is from all the things I've had done, or just the bladder issue. Anyone..... ?

I am almost 3 months post-op and I am still having problems with my bladder. I am not cathed, tho I did come home with a catheter, but I cannot empty my bladder. When I have to go really bad, that is the worst! My dr. said that it can take 6 months for the sling and scar tissue to heal and soften, so he recommends doing nothing until then. It is frustrating because the stream is very weak, and it takes forever to go. Then it stops, and starts, and still doesn't empty. Good luck! Sorry I can't be more encouraging.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2007, 10:20 AM

Hello
I am 1 week post-op and had problems urinating. Rushed to ER day after discharge to have them empty my WAY FULL bladder and put cath back in. Went back to doc, still not good and he put cath back in. Finally, Wednesday, it was much better and came home with no cath. But, he gave me self cath tubes to use in case. I wish I had those sooner, as I think the Foley cath in place all the time made things worse, felt crampy. Would have seen urologist, too, if things had not gotten better. Maybe you could ask about the self cath tubes?????? It was not hard or painful to do, just weird. Try to relax and remember it's very common to have this problem and shouldn't last long. Good Luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register