1 week post op and in a lot of pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 week post op and in a lot of pain 1 week post op and in a lot of pain

Unread 11-01-2007, 09:55 PM
1 week post op and in a lot of pain

I am so glad to read that many of you are feeling so much better. I am not. I cant stand upright with out breaking out in tears. I cant seem to stay awake , and when I am awake I am in constant pain. I was supposed to have a Laprascopic or how ever you spell it, but ended up in a 3 hour surgery due to scar tissue. I have no help at home its me a 2 daughters ages 11 and 9 who dont understand just how bad it hurts. I am seperated from their father and he has done nothing to ease the burden.I cry 24/7 , I dont know whats wrong with me. everyone is saying how goos they are feeling????? I dont I HURT!!! I cant get out of bed with out it feeling like I am ripping my insides out. I cant stand for more than maybe 10 minutes at a time. My poor kids are sick to death of ready heat food, and sandwiches. Please am i going crazy??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2007, 10:39 PM

((((Deana))))) Have you called your doctor's office to let him know how you are feeling? You shouldn't be in that much pain. Please call in the morning and let the nurse know how much pain you are in. Ask if you can come in to see the doctor. Let us know how you are feeling in the morning.
Unread 11-02-2007, 12:04 AM

I'm sorry you're struggling. Are you able to rest while the girls are at school?

Can you call in reinforcements? You're not going crazy, darling. You need some backup. Let your friends, neighbors, coworkers, church, etc, etc know. Doc's office, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2007, 07:27 AM

MsFrankie is right - call in the reinforcements if you can! So soon after your surgery, if you have been getting up/down without help and trying to do "normal" things around the house, however light, I think that is hurting you. I know it's easier said than done but you HAVE to rest now or you will have even more scar tissue. I'm so sorry you are having a bad time and I hope it gets a lot better soon. If you could just get some people to do a few little things for you I believe it would help a lot.
Unread 11-02-2007, 10:33 AM

Sorry you are not doing as well as you would like. I hope you find some outside help. Please take it easy and don't try to do too much too soon! Like you, I also had scar tissue to begin with. I did not have the best of help around the house, did too much, and am now having issues because of trying to be Supermom so soon after surgery. Hang in there and know you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Unread 11-02-2007, 11:08 AM

I know how you feel. At one week post-op, I wasn't really feeling very good, either! I couldn't stand up straight (my doc calls it the "post-op shuffle", which made me feel a little better ), I was taking pain meds 'round the clock, and I didn't want to do anything more strenuous than walk to the bathroom or run the remote control.

You need to and relax for your body to be able to heal. Taking care of two young children isn't helping any, either.

I agree -- call out the cavalry. A neighbor, the mothers of your daughters' friends...whoever. Get some help! If you belong to a church, just call your pastor, and I'll bet there will be people falling over themselves to help you out.

Please let us know how things go for you. We care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register