does anyone use the vivelle dot hrt? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

does anyone use the vivelle dot hrt? does anyone use the vivelle dot hrt?

Unread 11-02-2007, 08:40 AM
does anyone use the vivelle dot hrt?

hi, I'm curious, is anyone on the vivelle dot? that what my dr. put me on & I would like to know how it's working for you.

dr. gave me some samples (graduated doses) started with .05 & i'm now up to 1.0. I have seen improvement of my symptoms as I use stronger patches.

how long before I know my hormones are balanced?
thanks,
Terry

TAH/BSO 10/19
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2007, 10:13 AM

I really wanted to like the Vivelle Dot but I had side effects like bloat, headaches, and abdominal discomfort. I had endo removed so, I was afraid that estrogen might make the endo re-grow and cause more pain, which I want to avoid at all costs. For me, estrogen seems like poison to my system, but I'm also worried about using nothing. Vivelle Dot has helped a lot of women with menopause symptoms, you might have to experiment with dosages. Also instead of using two patches per week, you can try using a new patch every three days so your body gets a more constant dose. You can also cut patches in half. If you do a search at this web site for Vivelle Dot, you'll get tons of helpful info.
Unread 11-02-2007, 10:47 AM

I have used the vivelle dot since '03, started with .075 patch and now on .025. I have been pleased with it. I feel balanced when I have don't have any symptoms of hot flashes or some other problems.

We are all different as far as what works and what dosage we should take.

I hope your patch will work for you and keep you comfortable.

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2007, 08:13 PM

I used the Vivelle Patch and it really never worked for me, and if I forgot to change it I got vertigo REALLY bad, so bad I couldn't take care of the little ones. My doc switched me over to Estradiol (which by the way is only $4 @Target) and I have been doing so much better! I am on 1mg, so same dosage as the patch just better control and no nasty sticky stuff on my belly!
Hope that help!
Unread 11-02-2007, 08:16 PM

Hi:

I've been using the vivelle dot 1.0 and have been doing fine with it. I started off with smaller doses but the doc put me up to the 1.0 about a month 1/2 ago and it seems to be working good. Sometimes at night I still get some night sweats but not every night. I have noticed that I do get bad side effects if I put the patch on the back of my hips or my behind. but then I reread the directions and it says to put it on your abdomin. I just thought I would let you know that in case that happens to you. Luckily, it has been okay for me and hopefully for you as well. I found after I had my surgery. That I keep a journal as to how I am feeling and it helps sometimes to pin point what might be the case of your symptoms.

Good luck with the patch and your recovery.
Unread 11-02-2007, 09:13 PM

I started on Vivelle 0.1 three weeks ago. So far, so good. I have not had one hot flash and am sleeping very well at night. I just hope that it keeps working as well as it has been.
Unread 11-02-2007, 09:21 PM

I'm using the Vivelle Dot and it is working really well for me too. It can take up to 6 weeks for your body to get the full benefit of any dose change. I'm glad you are starting to feel better. It took me over 2 years to find a balance. It is normal for it to take around one year. There are a few lucky women who seem to find it right off.

Hang in there. It sounds like you are on the right track.

s,
Kay
Unread 11-02-2007, 10:01 PM

I have been on .05 patch since aug 21st. I love that I had no side effects and until recently I had few hot flashes. Now I get them a little more often and am seeing if my doc wants to raise the dosage for a while. I have PCOS and my testosterone seems to be dominant right now. I also have had a blood clot once and that scared me when I started the patch. I have never taken any hormones before this. The DVT was 20 years ago.
Unread 11-03-2007, 09:12 AM

I had a TAH/BSO on Oct. 15th. VivelleDot 0.05 was put on me during surgery so that I would not be without estrogen at all. I have not had side-effects, but wonder if I need a higher dose. I have had a few night sweats, few heart palps, and some anxiety(although the anxiety is much better than it was pre-surgery). I was not aware that it could take up to six weeks for it to take full effect. I really don't know how the dose is determined and what is too much. (What would I experience if I was getting too much?) I am 47 and was smack in the middle of peri-menopause with many symptoms so really feel better than before but still wonder if the hormones should be "tweaked" a little bit more. My doctor says I should just be patient and let my body settle down and heal much more before we start playing with my hormones. The healing process can be very discouraging. I really am finding that it is 2 steps forward and one step back. Thankfully, I have a wonderfully supportive husband. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Unread 11-03-2007, 10:34 AM

Sailon, wow! You sound just like me, we are so close, I'm 48, had TAH/BSO 10/19. My dr. gave me an assortment of pacthes. Started with .05 & I'm now up to 1. It's really tuff trying to figure all this stuff out isn't it. Soo much fun!!!

I think I'm feeling better on the strongest dose now. Not as many nite sweats, still runinng a little warmer than usual, but not bad. Mostly I notice
my mood is better. I also notice if i get too tired I get ice cold, I'm either in dead winter or scorching summer, no happy medium. My perscription dr. wrote is for the 1. strentgh, I go back 11/19, I guess we'll see then.

recovery is a slow road to travel isn't it. My mind is my worst enemy, I want to do more & sometimes I menatally exhaust myself, but after 3 c-sections & other surgeries (had lots of adhesions from last c-section) I'm really trying to take it slow, like lots of other sisters have said, you only have one chance to heal right! They are right!!!!

keep posting, I'd like to hear from you some more. I live in spokane & have 4 boys. They're all grown now. Take care & don't over do. keep coming here, I find if I'm doing this, I'm not obsessing about well my hubby did or didn't vacuum & dust the way I would have amoung other things. gotta give him credit tho, he really is trying to help me recover WELL. He is my rock! I couldn't have done this with out him.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Terry

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register