Strange Pains | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Strange Pains Strange Pains

Unread 11-02-2007, 10:25 AM
Strange Pains

I'm almost 3 months post op and started having some weird pains this week. It began with painful, cramping sension in lower left abdomen and right side of my belly. I thought maybe gas pains as gas is still frequently pretty painful. But today, the right side pain is moving around more to the side and into my back, sort of around the kidney area. I'm trying to decide if I should be concerned enough about this to call the doctor before the weekend starts. Any suggestions or similar experiences out there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2007, 11:11 AM
Strange Pains

I had the same thing at 3 weeks post-op. turns out I had a pretty bad kidney infection. I have never had one before but my doc says that they are common. Better safe than sorry and your doctor works for you. You should call him. If you don't, at least watch for a fever.
Unread 11-02-2007, 11:12 AM
Strange Pains

Hmmm.... Here's what I think. Any time you experience "new pain" within six months of your surgery, it's worth a call to the doctor. Chances are, it's not related to your surgery, but if it is -- the sooner it is dealt with, the better.

It's much, much better to call and find out that your fears are unfounded than to fail to call when you should have. And you know, kidney-area pain is nothing to scoff at. I've had many kidney infections in my life, and kidney pain is one of the main symptoms. You don't always have the "classic" infection symptoms like fever, either.

Let us know what you find out, OK?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2007, 12:14 PM
Strange Pains

i'd definitely call the dr with any new pain. kidney infections need to be treated as quickly as possible.
i dont know whether you kept your ovaries...i do get painful ovulation on my sides and into that area of my back on bad months.
good luck.
Unread 11-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Strange Pains

I'm just a little past two months post op and I have those same pains. In speaking with my doctor and reading through some of the articles on this website, I suspect I will be feeling a lot of pains and changes as I heal. If it becomes very bad pains my doctor suggested I come in, but the pains are more uncomfortable... like you said, they feel like cramps.
Unread 11-02-2007, 02:35 PM
Breast Pains

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolongerme
I'm just a little past two months post op and I have those same pains. In speaking with my doctor and reading through some of the articles on this website, I suspect I will be feeling a lot of pains and changes as I heal. If it becomes very bad pains my doctor suggested I come in, but the pains are more uncomfortable... like you said, they feel like cramps.

Has anyone had breast pains since the surgery. Everything
was removed accept my right ovary. They did another
mamo-gram and that came back good. These breast pains
are bad.

Creshaunda
Unread 11-02-2007, 03:45 PM
Strange Pains

Creshauda~~ Yes, I have had breast pain in one spot ,got a mammogram done last friday and they said its nothing there! But is hurts & burns.
Unread 11-03-2007, 06:22 AM
Strange Pains

Thank you all for yoru responses. I tried to call the doc yesterday but apparently her office was closed. As of this morning the pain has left the kidney area. However, the pain on my right side remains and now alternates between feeling crampy and feeling like a pulled muscle. The pain on the lower left side has also changed some to feeling more like a pulling when I move. Not much to do at this point except wait till Monday and see how I feel. Hopefully it is all just part of the healing process.
Creshaunda & VetTech - I'm sorry to ehar about yoru breast pain. I'm hoping not to add that to my repertoire. I have seen several posts on here about breast pain so there is some support here for you. I hope all is well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register