I don't feel like "me" | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I don't feel like "me" I don't feel like "me"

Unread 11-02-2007, 12:44 PM
I don't feel like "me"

I just answered another post about not feeling right. I haven't felt like the old me since the surgery last year. Sometimes I feel as though I am on the outside watching my life happen. I am very forgetful, a side effect of chemo. I don't sleep well (the Restoril is helping, though). I have two boys, ages two and four. Their energy is endless. I also teach M,T, and W nights. I am always tired. No matter how much sleep I get. I have had a battery of tests from Thyroid to Lyme diease to Epstein Barr to see if there is another problem. Everything comes back normal. I just wish I felt "normal."

TAH,BSO OVCA (IA)
Finished 6 cy chemo, 1/2/07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2007, 01:24 PM
I don't feel like "me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovnlife
I just answered another post about not feeling right. I haven't felt like the old me since the surgery last year. Sometimes I feel as though I am on the outside watching my life happen. I am very forgetful, a side effect of chemo. I don't sleep well (the Restoril is helping, though). I have two boys, ages two and four. Their energy is endless. I also teach M,T, and W nights. I am always tired. No matter how much sleep I get. I have had a battery of tests from Thyroid to Lyme diease to Epstein Barr to see if there is another problem. Everything comes back normal. I just wish I felt "normal."

TAH,BSO OVCA (IA)
Finished 6 cy chemo, 1/2/07
I am so sorry you are having a rough time. It does seem like you have a busy life with two small children and teaching. I do feel tired most of the time also. Maybe your body is still recovering from the trauma of surgery and chemo. You have been through too much and need rest. Hopefully your doctor can help you more. I will be praying for you.
Janelle
Unread 11-02-2007, 01:41 PM
I don't feel like "me"

s, Lovn,

I can empathize because I also am still dealing with memory, sleep, and energy issues at a little over 14 months out of chemo. I wish I could tell you it gets better, but I don't know since I'm still waiting to find out. I definitely have my bouts of guilt watching my DH handle all of the work around the house/mini-ranch, as well as his full-time job, while I can't even muster up the oomph to clean. He's a peach and never says a word, but it sure does make me feel lazy.

Get as much rest as you can and hang in there. Hopefully it gets better eventually.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register