Question about strengthening pelvic floor muscles. - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question about strengthening pelvic floor muscles. Question about strengthening pelvic floor muscles.

Unread 11-04-2007, 03:26 PM
Question about strengthening pelvic floor muscles.

Glad to hear that everyone is finding their way through all the crazy do's and don'ts, how's and when! I cannot believe it is 6months today and how great I feel!! Just cannot compare to this time last year...it's all been great since May 4, 2007. Anyway...the sex drive has NOT decreased at all - went to see my DO this week for pap test (yes do get yearly paps even with a TAH still cervical tissue at the end of the vagina) and she was quite happy to hear my "joy" over surgery, over sex, over my DH! (Who is out of town this past week and I've been having some fun with my butterfly)! Speaking of toys...we got a couple to use as a "couple" with remote control so about week 4 after sx experimented a bit and had some great "O's"!

So keep it up ladies...it only gets better!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-04-2007, 05:06 PM

Thanks Tiffany! Not only do these helpful toys get your "groove" back. It can be a great stress release. Just take a short break from a hassled day and well there you go.
Unread 11-04-2007, 05:13 PM

its nice to try things out on your own with no pressure. once you know it all works, sex can be more relaxing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-04-2007, 07:28 PM

I'm going to put this back on track. I believe the original post was about potentially strengthening pelvic floor muscles/vaginal muscles.

From a medical perspective, when women need their pelvic floor muscles strengthened (due to incontinence or whatever), they do use electrical stimulation to facilitate activity in those muscles if they are very weak. All of those muscles down there are fairly well connected and participate not only in continence but also in sexual pleasure. So, if you stimulate those muscles to work, they will get stronger.

Most women are able to strengthen those muscles most effectively by doing their Kegel exercises--they don't need stimulation. We should all be doing about 150 repetitions of those Kegel exercises everyday. The more you use those muscles, the stronger they will be, and the better they will work (for several different purposes).

I would caution everyone to discuss this with their doctor if you are considering using an external/internal stimulator prior to the time you are cleared for sexual activity. There are so many things that need to heal, you really need to consult with your doctor to see what's appropriate for you in your own personal situation.

Unread 11-04-2007, 07:32 PM

I wouldn't do it! I know that it can be frustrating to wait it out, but it is well worth the wait when it comes to avoiding a post surgical complication.
Unread 11-04-2007, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanine
We should all be doing about 150 repetitions of those Kegel exercises everyday.
150?!! Mercy. I need to get busy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register