Anyone with experience with Adhesions? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone with experience with Adhesions? Anyone with experience with Adhesions?

Unread 11-05-2007, 11:29 AM
Anyone with experience with Adhesions?

I had adhesions, too. I had a TAH on Aug 31, 2006. I had other complications from an IP port catheter. In January, I had sharp pains in my lower left side. They would come and go. I ended up back in the hospital. The CT scan showed adhesions. The dr didnt want to do more surgery because that can cause more adhesions to form. FOr about 2 more months, I had these pains off and on. They gradually went away. I think it was about 6 months following surgery that I was pain free.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2007, 08:25 PM

Just wondering for you guys that had adhesions. What was the pain like? Constant sharp or intermittent? Was there something that made it identifiable to you different than other cramps/pain? Would you know if you had another?
Unread 11-05-2007, 09:19 PM

The "pain" I feel is more like a pulling, sometimes throbbing, uncomfortable feeling. I belive my worst adhesion is on my right side, and at first, I could only walk if I "held" my side in when I walked. I don't have it constantly, which is why my doctor said we can hope it "loosens up" some.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2007, 07:02 AM

Tiffany,
I wish you a fast and healthy recovery. I had a lap done and I was up and about 2 weeks later but still was very tired and sore at the end of the day so I think I pushed to far tooo fast..
I pray all goes well with you.
Happy Thanksgiving!!
Unread 11-06-2007, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie129
The "pain" I feel is more like a pulling, sometimes throbbing, uncomfortable feeling. I belive my worst adhesion is on my right side, and at first, I could only walk if I "held" my side in when I walked. I don't have it constantly, which is why my doctor said we can hope it "loosens up" some.
Wow I will really have to watch this pain I have been having on my side. It sounds just like what you are describing. maybe it will loosen up and go away!
Thanks!
Unread 11-06-2007, 08:25 AM

when i finnally started having pain from my addhessions it would be really really sharp and come on lighting fast.it would sometimes only last min.and sometimes it lasted a whole day.when it started to not go a way was when i went to my gyn and she did a lap.
Unread 11-06-2007, 08:37 AM

I had severe adhesions, to the point it took over 3 hours to take them down and my intestines were left "raw" from all the scraping and cutting to get them off. I am now having severe bowel and bladder cramps. My rectum, which had the most adhesions, hurts almost daily. I have spasms so bad when I pee that sometimes I lift of the toliet. I was told to wait another month or so. I am 9wks post op. My doc is pretty sure it is adhesions again and wants to wait and see if more healing time will help. Thankfully, it is not ever time I pee....6 out of 10. And the pain ranges from a slight twinge to severe. Worst in the morning. Had bladder cultures done to ensure no UTI and they were fine.
Unread 11-06-2007, 09:45 AM

Tiffany, I hear ya on the bladder spasms!mine are not from addhessions(hopefully)I had a bladder sling done with my hyst and my bladder was so swollen that i could not go pee on my own.I came home with a straight cath.Now that i can pee sometimes on my own(about 5 out of 10 times) my bladder will spasm when it is empty.I allways end up in tears from the pain!I am glad nobody but my best friend and my mom are here it would look a little odd for anybody else to see me crying after going pee!wishing you a calm and peacfull day!
Unread 11-06-2007, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiff5220
I had severe adhesions, to the point it took over 3 hours to take them down and my intestines were left "raw" from all the scraping and cutting to get them off. I am now having severe bowel and bladder cramps. My rectum, which had the most adhesions, hurts almost daily. I have spasms so bad when I pee that sometimes I lift of the toliet. I was told to wait another month or so. I am 9wks post op. My doc is pretty sure it is adhesions again and wants to wait and see if more healing time will help. Thankfully, it is not ever time I pee....6 out of 10. And the pain ranges from a slight twinge to severe. Worst in the morning. Had bladder cultures done to ensure no UTI and they were fine.

Did you get these adhesions from your Hyster?
Basically, my doctor said the same thing about waiting into further into the healing time to see if the Adhesions loosen up on their own. I've heard so many stories about Adhesions and the pain they cause, and that if you have surgery for them, oftentimes all it does is lead to more adhesions. Great...
My bladder is fine, thank goodness. All my pain is with my bowel.
Unread 11-06-2007, 02:24 PM

One more questions for you ladies. Did the pain continue all the time or just intermittent?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register