How much does a uterus weigh? - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How much does a uterus weigh? How much does a uterus weigh?

Unread 11-17-2007, 10:25 PM
How much does a uterus weigh?

Had my path report come in the mail today. My surgeon says that getting the uterus and fibroid together, it was the size of a soccer ball. It increased so much in size in three months, that I could see a visible bulge and my uterus extended to my belly button. Now, I would think that sucker would have weighed about 10 pounds, but no - 900 grams!!! Closer to 2 lbs! I guess if I want any meaningful weightloss after this surgery, I'll have to jump on the treadmill.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2007, 05:55 PM

I had my hysterectomy on the 26th october. 2007. Today is the 19th November. I am getting cramps like as if I was ovulating. And without sounding crude I feel at times like my insides are going to fall out. Is this normal? Other than that I feel fine. I came though the surgery with flying colors and feel fine mentally and the body is slowly catching the mind.
Unread 11-18-2007, 06:29 PM

my insides feel pretty good so far, i'm 17 days post-op. however, a co worker told me that after her surgery it felt like her insides were shifting and moving. she said it didn't hurt, it was just a strange sensation. it may have something to do with how far along you are post-op and possibly how much swelling you still have(or don't have).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2007, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginny27
I had my hysterectomy on the 26th october. 2007. Today is the 19th November. I am getting cramps like as if I was ovulating. And without sounding crude I feel at times like my insides are going to fall out. Is this normal? Other than that I feel fine. I came though the surgery with flying colors and feel fine mentally and the body is slowly catching the mind.
i had that feeling of my insides falling out, too. i even had it a little bit this weekend, but not as bad as before. cramps, too. it's weird, isn't it? i wound up going in to see the doctor when i had those pains and bleeding and she said everything looked fine. i go for my six week on nov. 28th. still get pinching pains inside. icky but not horrible for the most part. swelly belly, check. get tired easily, check. but overall feeling like i'm on the road to normalsville... hope i get there soon!!!!
Unread 11-18-2007, 10:08 PM

Hi Honk4goosey,
Thankyou for your reply, I feel a bit better now knowing that someone else has experienced my symptoms. I was actually starting to think, that everything was still left in there. I would not be a happy camper if I was to find out that I had gone through all of this and I still had bits and pieces in there. I didn't know how I was going to feel after having all of my hormone machinery taken out and tried warn my partner that I could be a real "B" on steroids afterwards. But whether it be sad or good (still not sure) I feel absolutely no different. So maybe my hormone machinery had been broken for years. And yes those pinching pains are just that. I feel like there is some little feral in there pulling at my stitches.
Unread 11-18-2007, 10:23 PM

Be very careful honey of wearing those jeans. Don't be too eager like I was. I wore mine 18 days after the event. And didn't I think that I was sooooo good? I paid for it that night though. Up at 1am - 3.30am in a lot of pain. And all the next 2 days as well. Needless to say, the jeans are back in the cupboard for a little while. So much for me being clever.
Unread 11-18-2007, 10:41 PM

I am a brand-new "Hyster Sister" and I hope I am doing this right!.....Thank you, MJD2491, for posting the photos of your uterus. EVERYONE thought I was crazy for wanting to see mine, and my doctor told me he didn't "do" pictures. I've had female problems since my early teens (I'm now 37) and just had a TAH keeping the ovaries on 10/24. I have lost 7 pounds post-op and have no idea how big or how much my uterus weighed. I'll ask the doctor at my post-op appointment and get back to everyone. Glad to be here for support and answers!
Unread 11-18-2007, 10:51 PM
Is all of this normal?

Hello! I had a TAH but kept my ovaries, on 10/24, and still cannot lie on my side to sleep. I have this sharp, cold, stabbing pain every now and then on my right side, just above the end of my incision. It almost feels like I'm being stabbed with an icicle, and it really knocks the wind out of me sometimes. I also had a touch of the flu, I think, fever, chills, aches, and nausea off and on since this past Thursday (11/15). Everyone says I'm doing too much too soon, but it's already been 3 1/2 weeks since my surgery. I am not lifting anything heavy, but am starting to do a little laundry, short driving trips, etc. Could this be why I'm hurting, and has anyone had these symptoms? I would appreciate any responses!
Unread 11-18-2007, 10:58 PM

i'd suggest that if your body is speaking to you, as in feeling pain or tiredness, you should listen and rest. they say you only have one chance to heal so take the time you need now.
Unread 11-18-2007, 11:19 PM

Like you I am brand new to this site. And yes I had and still do but not as bad, have pains on the right side. I was told by an elderly lady to change the side of the bed that I was sleeping on. I think that she thought that I was pulling those muscles too much. Well!! changing to the other side of the bed has made all the difference to me. The twings and twangs have nearly all gone. Before I spoke to her, I was actually squealing in pain, trying to get out of bed to go to the toilet. A bit of a shock to myself and ones who know me, as I am known for having a very high tolerance to pain. At the hospital I was up and in the shower a matter of only hours after surgery. With the assistance of a nurse, but never the less I was doing my own thing. Frightened the life out of the nurse when I dropped the towel said a few choice words and bent down and picked it up. Her comment was " I have never, ever seen anybody be this flexible so soon after major surgery". I agree with honk4goosey about listen to your body. I too am 3˝ weeks down the track. I feel great, but still get very weary on it. So I SIT. And I don't feel as guilty about taking a load off now as I did. I want to get better, so if this is what it takes, so be it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register