All done, feel great! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

All done, feel great! All done, feel great!

Unread 11-03-2007, 09:35 PM
All done, feel great!

Had the surgery 7:30 Wednesday morning - my Dad said I was finished in about an hour (they gave him a beeper). I was originally going to be 100% outpatient, but was "23 hour" so I could get the morphine drip. Good stuff

She said the ovaries looked great so they stayed it. I will go on BCP full time since I have migraines (which will hopefully be almost completely fixed getting rid of the period that usually accompanied them) due to some migraines during ovulation. She said if all worked OK, she'd probably keep me on them for another 5 years (until I'm 50). Kept my cervix.

Besides waking up every hour due to blood pressure checks, machines going off, etc. the stay was fine. I ended up with a migraine but I think it was because of the anesthesia or the morphine. I was very swollen bodywise I guess due to the IV. My hands and face were all puffy and I gained 5 pounds. That's all gone today. I was able to pee pretty soon after they took the catheter out.

The next AM (Thurs) I was pretty woozy and stayed at my parents that night. Also FINALLY got some sleep at their house that day. Friday around noon I went ahead and drove the 1.5 hours home (yeah, I know, but I wanted to get home). My dog sitter will be here in the mornings so I don't have to get up early for them for a few days.

I did drive again (I know, I know....) to the pharmacy today.

Very little pain - mostly gas pains, lol. I have 3 small incisions - one in the belly button and two more on either side about an inch up and over from my hip bone.

I started feeling a little bit of pain "inside", i.e. not outside on the incisions today - duh, probably all that driving around. I won't drive again except to the mailbox, I swear!

All in all, SO FAR, a good experience! Very little vaginal bleeding especially compared to the hemorrhaging I was doing pre op

My SIL is coming in a few days I'm gladly giving her all my tampons and pads. I've tucked them into so many different places (purses, luggage, drawers) that I'll probably be finding them for years.

Glad to be in the Post section!!

Edited to add: I haven't pooped yet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2007, 09:38 PM
All done, feel great!

Glad you are doing so well! Take it very easy though, so you don't have a setback! Welcome to the other side
Unread 11-03-2007, 09:45 PM
All done, feel great!

EllieGA, Welcome Home! Not settle down and start recovering. I'm still wearing a pantiliner just to catch the a really light discharge (not bleeding) the doctor said to expect. Guess it's just flushing out everything.

As for the pooping: fluids, stool softners (2 at bedtime), Milk of Magnisia as needed, applesause, prunes, walking.

Don't overdo it. I'm able to take Motrin for pain, but find I still need 1/2 Percoset at bedtime if I walk more (I'm just over a week post op).

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register