Painful Urination | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Painful Urination Painful Urination

Unread 11-04-2007, 08:16 AM
Painful Urination

Hi Ladies,
I had a TAH/BSO on October 16th and I am still having pain during urination. The pain comes at the end when I am done. It feels like pressure and pain at the same time. I had this and the Dr. put me on a medication to help. But, even after the medication is done I still have it. Just wanted to know if anyone else is expierinecing this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-04-2007, 08:28 AM
Painful Urination

I had my TAH/BSO on Oct. 2nd. I started the painful urination about 4 days out. Called the doc and they called in a script for antibiotics. After a week, still not better, so I went to my GP and they did a urine test, that was negative, but prescribed another antibiotic, "Just in Case". Still no change at my 2 week post op visit....Doc put me on a different medicine and also gave me pyridium, to help with the pain, so I peed orange for a week...DH laughed when trying to clean the yellow stain from the toilet I finally started on an herb that you can order from herbpharm.com. I had remembered my Chiropractor giving me these "Trauma Drops" when I threw my neck out. I thought to myself, I have no infection, but my body was sure traumitized during the surgery. So I tried them. I also read that they help with the Urinary Tract, as well with injury and surgery. After a day or two with those I was feelign world's better. I think that our bladders get moved around and poked with the catheters and it just takes time for them to calm down.

Always call your doc if you are not sure about anything Hope you are feeling well. This too will pass with time.
Unread 11-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Painful Urination

Thank you Misty for the info. I too was on the prydium. But it did no good only made my pee orange and like you said stained the toilet. I will try what you suggested. Hopefully that will help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-04-2007, 08:56 AM
Painful Urination

Hi violetbear4

I have had the exact same thing! I had my hyst on 12th October and although I still get it, its only sometimes now and much less painful, more of an annoyance. I mentioned this to my Dr and he said was just because of all the moving about of my insides during surgery and the catheter and is normal. So I think it will wear off gradually as mine is doing. However if you feel its not getting better or it concerns you, you should certainly seek further advice from your own Dr. Take care and I hope you feel much better soon.
Unread 11-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Painful Urination

i'm six weeks out, and still get an uncomfortable bladder feeling. my doc said that its the trauma from the surgery, and takes differing amounts of time to settle, depending on each individual. and, nothing to worry about? i don't have any burning on passing, and the urine is not cloudy, dark, or frothy, so no other indications of infection (no temperature either). do you have any other symptoms that could indicate infection??? my bladder has the pain at the end of the stream also, and some days are worse than others, and depends on whether i've been doing too much?

anyway, hope all's well...........gee.
Unread 11-04-2007, 04:39 PM
Painful Urination

when you have a cathitar (sp) it is an "Intruder" into your body and bladder so the bladder reacts to it with irritation> the burning is normal, and doesn't mean a bladder infection. Thank goodness, that's all we'd need. Try to relax when you have to potty. BIG HUGS!!!!!!!
Unread 11-04-2007, 04:58 PM
Painful Urination

I am over 3 months post op and only 2 weeks ago i had painful urination and you have described it exactly how i would have. I went to see my doc, he did swabs and urine test which came back NO INFECTION so i was very puzzled, Anyway, you could most definately have an infection so go see your doctor again if it doesnt clear up.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register