post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-04-2007, 04:23 PM
post op

Hey,
It's been almost 2 weeks since my Lavth(don't know if the letters are in right order). Still pretty sore. My shoulders, neck and upper arms really hurt, was told they might because of positioning during surgery,and I did have neck surgery a few years ago. Did anyone else experience this, and for this length of time?
Also I find I am not getting up 3 to 4 times a nite to urinate?
Hasn't been like that in a long time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-04-2007, 04:26 PM
post op

I think the urination is very normal. Your body and bowels and all are adjusting. I think we tend to drink ALOT more b/c of the gas and all that, so your bladder has to release that. I too, potty about 4-5 times a night.
On the soreness, i was very sore the first 3 days after surgery, but no more now. Maybe from all the laying down and stuff you are doing to recover?
Unread 11-04-2007, 04:37 PM
post op

Actually I potty less now. As for the soreness, I think most of it comes from the incisions from the laposcopy incisions she had to make. I,m glad to hear you're doing well. Thanks for the quick response

Barb latvh October 23, 2007
Kept both ovries
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-04-2007, 06:45 PM
post op

I find I just get achy across my mid-low back in the evening. I think it's from being more inactive than anything. Did you have a Laparoscopic Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy (LAVH)? That's what I had--3 little cuts in the abdomen and eveything out from below.

Take it easy and let's continue our recovery!
Unread 11-04-2007, 06:47 PM
post op

Getting up to pee i think is normal too since they have to remove a ligament from your bladder the soreness not sure but i was sore too. dont know if it was from surgery or spending so much time resting when i wasnt use to laying down that much
hugs
lisa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register