So worried about heading back to work! - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So worried about heading back to work! So worried about heading back to work!

Unread 11-14-2007, 08:19 PM
So worried about heading back to work!

twpntrue and others with physically demanding work, I think 6 weeks is not enough, for sure. At 2 weeks, demanding work just doesn't seem like it will ever be possible.

My boss called today and I told her that I can't imagine how folks go back to work in 2 weeks. she is extremely understanding. I told her that I just can't deal with any stressors, right now. She said that my body is probably doing all it can to heal, physically, which means that my mental stress tolerance really is lower. I work as a counselor in a university.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2007, 07:31 AM

I had my post op appt last week. My doctor gave me orders not to return to work for another four weeks. So, it's Dec 10 for me!
Unread 11-15-2007, 07:39 AM

That is so awsome! Relax and take care of yourself the next 4 weeks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2007, 07:41 AM

lovetowalk-
I think you are right. When we are mentally stressed, our bodies take longer to heal. Give yourself lots of time! I feel you only have one real time frame to get well, so you need to take it and relax and be good to yourself!!
Sheri
Unread 11-15-2007, 08:06 AM

northof49, another 4 weeks....is everything O.K? When were you suppose to go back? hope all is well. Tina
Unread 11-15-2007, 08:24 AM

Hi Tina: I was supposed to have gone back to work on Nov. 13. I have just been struggling with pain and the inability to walk properly. I still can't make it through the whole grocery store on my own without one of those silly motorized carts. I had that re-admission to hospital on Halloween due to a haematoma too. That is the only real setback I've had. But, muscularly, my abdominals are so weak. It's certainly not how I thought things would be! I'm fit and strong and relatively active. It's a core strength problem I'm having. When I had my post op appt she was pressing on my belly and I was in total agony! She sent me for an ultrasound right away which came back negative. So that's a good thing. Also, I am a cop and wear a lot of equipment around my waist. There is no way I'd be able to put my belt on.

Today is a really good day though! Today I feel the best that I have since the surgery! I even went through a closet today and got rid of a bunch of clothes I'm never going to wear again! That's the most activity I've done in 6 1/2 weeks!

Pam
Unread 11-15-2007, 08:28 AM

Thats right northof49 i remember now the extra problem you had and the hospital day. You do need the extra time. You are one of the heros we all rely on being in Law Enforement, thanks for that! Good luck. Take it easy now. Is it snowing there?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register