Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 - Page 17 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Unread 11-18-2007, 06:27 PM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Also should I drive myself tomorrow? My doctor said 2 weeks from surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2007, 08:03 PM
Suck it up?!

Hi! It's been a week and things are a bit better now. Right incision hurts the most and tugs a bit. I drove a little and need a big pilow under the seatbelt.

Cidwolf- tell your brother that if he doesn't have a vagina- he can suck it up and treat you like a queen! Oh my gosh! Men! I fell apart crying on Thurs.- tired, emotional, etc... and had a chat with hubby who said he was going to take vacation time to help me- but didn't. SIGH!

I printed out the can't do list from here, and a picture of a uterus with fibroids and andemyosis about the size mine was..to show him that this was a serious surgery. Someone at work-(a lot of the engineers are now female)- straightened him out,, because he callled on the way home Friday to see if I needed anything and brought me dinner, He has been extra helpful this weekend and won't let me lift things now. I love the guy, but it sure takes him a bit to catch on and he did!
Unread 11-18-2007, 08:15 PM

Hi girls, I am slow to report as I have not been feeling so hot. I had my TAH with ovaries and all removed November 7th. I had a rough time in the hospital (migraine with severe vomiting and then no bowel sounds, gas, or BM) and ended up staying a couple of extra days. I came home late day on Saturday November 10th. I have had 2 prior c-sections, so thought I was prepared, but this has been a much more difficult recovery than anticipated. I started with the sweats on my 4th post-op day (saturday), so I had my call in to the doctor bright and early monday morning. I guess this is normal, but I felt like it was just one continuous hot flash, and it made me feel terribly nauseous and weak. She started me on Vivelle Dot 0.05mg patch, and I have noticed a world of difference. I am down to the occassional "very warm" flash now. I am also still having trouble with my bowels, but then I am still on pain meds. I expected to be off my pain meds by now, but am still taking Tylox about 4 times a day. I have tried stretching it out to 3 times a day, but am in agony. I notice a considerable difference in the pain from my left side versus my right. I see my doctor on tuesday and was going to ask her about it then, I am guessing that maybe that is where she removed my adhesions from. I also am still having A LOT of nerve pain'burning' on my left side. At night if I lie on my left side I feel like I am ripping open with even the slightest of motion, but I feel nothing if I lie on my right. This wouldn't be bad if I could fall asleep on my right. They gave my topical lidocaine for that, and it helps to a degree.
I apologize for my whining, I know we are all having our problems. I am tired of complaining to the wall (my husband) who just doesn't understand. Don't get me wrong, he is wonderful, I just wished the sitting by my side and "guarding me" had lasted more than 2 days.
Did anyone "not" have any bleeding? I only spotted a very small amount withing the first 24 hours, and then nothing. From posts that I read pre-op, I was expecting to have more bleeding. I had much more when I had my tubal ligation by laproscope. Strange.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2007, 08:22 PM

Hi DeAnna,
I also had my TAH (kept one ovary) on the 7th. I also did not have much bleeding at all - only a little spotting in the hospital.

For the BM stuff - I am taking 2 Colace / day. I am also taking Milk of Magnesia each night. My first BM was the Sat after surgery - but I have had one every day since then. The weird think is I have this huge cramp right before - so I know its time. I'm going to ask the Dr on Wed.

Good luck.
Unread 11-18-2007, 10:10 PM

I am almost 2 weeks Post Op now. I caught an awful sinus cold last week and sneezing and coughing can be irritating to say the least.

My BM problem has subsided a little, they are still painful but are now becoming more regular. I still have a slight hesitation when I urinate.

I see the doctor tomorrow for a check up to see how recovery is coming along. My DH is taking a few hours off to drive me. He has been wonderful.

My biggest problem at this point is boredom. I want to do things but I know that I shouldnt even though I feel that I could. I get tired very easily and usually if I overdo it I dont notice until the next day and then I am absolutely beat.

I was told by a few friends that a LAVH should have a faster recovery time and I shouldnt be out more than a couple weeks from work and I shouldn't be so tired still. I am hoping there is nothing more wrong. I also started having PMS symptoms, achy breasts & a little sensitive emotionally. It really is strange to think that next week I would be having to deal with bleeding, pain, tampons, fear of what to wear and all the other things that go along with that time of the month. I can handle the achy breasts and the emotions if thats all I get!

Anyway, enough rambling for me! Hope you all are doing well!! Take care of yourselves.
Unread 11-19-2007, 03:23 AM

Tina, from what I hear, some brown discharge for up to a few weeks after is not uncommon. I started a kinda pink discharge a few days ago and I'm 2 weeks tomorrow too. Here is an article from the post-op area of this site that might help you:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/article_97107.htm

Of course, if you're worried, just give a call to your Doc to ease your mind.

Let us know how it's going!
Unread 11-19-2007, 03:29 AM

Tina, about your second post: I have driven a couple of times so far for a quick trip to the grocery store (my Doc said to wait 1-2 weeks, and I take no pain meds) and each time I am pretty tired and sore at the end of the day. It's do-able but if you can get someone to take you, go ahead and and do it. An extra day or two without driving can only help! My Doc is about 40 minutes away, so I'm gonna get my Dad to take me Wednesday. I have a gear shift car, and that's a lot of work.
Unread 11-19-2007, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdjeva
Ok, Post op 2 weeks tomorrow and I started a brown bloody discharge. I have not had any bleeding at all. I thought I was through with that. What's up?

I go to the doctor tomorrow to have my incision looked at. It is infected and the strips look awful. I am on antibiotics but I don't think they are working. Started taking them on friday. Has anyone else had problems with this?

Hi Tina,

I had my SAH on 11/7/07 and when I went in for my post op (11/13/07), I found out my incision was infected. Since I had an episode with MRSA a couple of years ago, my doctor didn't want to take any chances. She put me on a 5-day course of the Bactrim antibiotic. She also cultured the infected area as a precaution. I go back in today to have it looked at again, but it seems to look better. I did have an oozing spot from where one of the staples were removed, but that has dried up. I'd definitely stay on top of it. Good luck to you.

Tera
Unread 11-19-2007, 05:36 AM
Calf pain.....

Is anyone else experiencing calf pain? My SAH was on 11/7/07 and my left calf has been sore ever since. It almost feels like a constant Charlie Horse and it seems to be worse when I wake up each morning. I've been walking daily, stretching and putting a heating pad on it. Any other ideas?

Tera
Unread 11-19-2007, 06:45 AM
tera....

I think you should call your doc asap. Leg pain could mean clots. Just to be safe! Red horsey

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register