Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Unread 11-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Had my surgery Monday morning went back at 7:15.I had a laprscopic/with a vaginal assisted and bladder tack kept my ovaries.The surgery lasted alot longer than was thought almost 4 1/2 hours.They couldn't get me to wake during recovery.I had alot of old scar tissue.I am not been soing to good at all.Pain is something else and the gas pains are too much.Can't eat without getting nautious.I cam home yesterday after boon.Today off and on I have cried,The hormones are pretty messed up I suppose.Please keep me in your prayers I really need some help now.thanks sherri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2007, 09:24 PM

I had my TVH on Monday morning and got home yesterday afternoon. I spent the better part of yesterday without any pain relief due to a prescription problem, so there was a lot of pain and a lot of tears. Low energy and sleeping a lot. I feel worse than I thought I would. My insides are burning, my belly hurts, my ribs hurt, and my head hurts. I hope tomorrow is better!
Unread 11-08-2007, 11:51 PM
3 weeks recovery hysterectomy-oct. 15, 2007

I think I may have went back to school too soon. went back monday nov.5, body is feeling the strain. feeling better as i sit at the computer. back to resting the body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Bea Well
If your hysterectomy was between Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:
  • 1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
  • 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
  • 3. Remember to start a new thread to ask your questions.
  • 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.
  • 5. Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2007, 09:47 AM

Hi Tina. I am also considering the bio hrt, I want my hormones to be as close to "normal" as possible. I was on the patch for the 3 days after my surgery. This morning I took off the patch and started Cenestin 1.25 MG tablets, once a day. I'm hoping this will work well. I tend to be a info seeker and I read any kind of info I can get my hands on. That is not always a good thing. In fact it stresses me out much more then neccesary. My family get on me for doing that. Anyway, I hope your recovery goes very well and I'd love to hear about it if you start the bio hrt. Hugs, Mindy
Unread 11-09-2007, 09:59 AM
On day 4 of recovery...

Recovery is going okay. I was a little suprised at the amount of pain I have been having though. I think I may be overdoing things. My friends and family are always reminding me that of course I have pain, I just had major surgery on Tueday morning! I want so badly to be back to normal and I need to be patient for that. My main concern is the hormones I will be on. I had a patch for the first three days after my surgery, but this morning I statred Cenestin 1.25 MG. Im hoping this particualr one will be the one for me and will make me feel normal. I so worried about hormone imbalance and all the problems that come along with it such as weight gain, depression, libido(sp?) issues, the list goes on and on. I keep thinking that since I suffered from pretty bad post pardum depression that this might somehow happen again, due to lack of my natural hormones. I read way to much information on things, and that stresses me out. I need to not do that. I read about side effects and all that and I just get really down and stressed out. But, overall, each day of recovery gets a little bit better and Im looking forward to start everyday activities again! Hope this finds you all well and healing well! Hugs, Mindy
Unread 11-09-2007, 10:31 AM

I am feeling quite well today and feel like my recovery is going at a very nice pace. I even had my first bm yesterday, (which seems really gross announcing it to the whole world) but as you are all aware that is a huge accomplishment!!!!

TAH 11/5/07 (one ovary/tube removed). Fibroids, adhesions. Myomectomy 11/1996
Unread 11-09-2007, 11:34 AM

I felt pretty good this morning.Thought I could get a little done,believe I overdone it.Didn't pick anything up,just tidy up something that were laying around.I am just wore out no energy or anything.Getting kind of worried about this.My husband says that is normal since I just had surgery Monday.Anyway better go lay back down.
Unread 11-09-2007, 11:55 AM

Hi everyone!

Had my TAH on Monday at 7:30 am and came home yesterday (11/8/07) at 4:30 pm.

Anyone who wants to know if a TAH is anything like a c-section, I can can tell you unequivocably: NO!!!! My recovery from the two c-sections I've had were pieces of cake next to this.

I am in more pain than I thought I would be. Am on Lortab and motrin, but only helps for a short time.

The foley catheter was removed on Tuesday morning. All day long I tried and couldn't pee, even though I was drinking plenty of fluid. Finally at 9:00 Tuesday night, the nurse did a straight cath. What a relief!! And I was able to pee on my own after that. However, the next morning, my urine had a bad odor and, sure enough, I had a urinary tract infection. That on top of the surgery completely has me wiped out. I took my last antibiotic today.

I kept my ovaries, but I believe they are still in a state of shock, as I am having hot flashes (especially at night) and cry at the drop of a hat.

I pray that I will start to feel better soon.

Many s to the other princesses out there recovering too!

Trish
Unread 11-09-2007, 01:04 PM

I am feeling ok. Little sore and moving very slowly. I actually feel better than I thought I would. Not doing anything really, laying on the couch and taking little walks in house. Taking pain killers faithfully though. Good luck.
Unread 11-09-2007, 05:04 PM

Hi Ladies,
I had my LAVH on Monday. Surgery included removal of ovaries, cervix, you name it they took 'em. Am feeling surprisingly well. I had some difficulty immediately following surgery in that my blood pressure dropped very low. I only have vague recollection of that and evidently, they got it under control pretty quickly. Then, had a bad migrane -- nurses gave me some fabulous medication and it was gone. They keeped me comfortable the entire stay. When I expressed that I was in pain they dealt with it swiftly and were very sweet and compassionate. I was worried about the whole catheter issue prior to surgery. Honestly, it did not hurt and I guess the anesthesia keeps one from being aware of it to any great degree. Even removal was not painful. I am also amazed that my doctor managed to remove essentially all my female organs with such small incisions. I am taking my pain medication religiously and intend to do so this week. I am very tired but am not suffering from the many side effects that I have read about. I have not gotten my pathology report and that is my only concern right now. For those of you contemplating this surgery don't stress yourself out too much. I will be happy to respond to anyone who needs reassurance. Ok, time for another nap...Good night!
Chris

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register