Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 - Page 29 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Unread 11-26-2007, 08:26 AM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

well netty 67
you are not alone hon.sleep seems to be even more messed than before surgrey thought it was anxiety but still not sleeping.The bowel are working but still sluggish.Im continuing to feel nauseated all the time.At this stage i am doing alot of talking to god.Hoping for devine intervention soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2007, 08:41 AM

Right there with you! Nausea, poor appetite, trouble sleeping....must be going around!! Prayers go a long way and with them positive thoughts...try and think about how good we'll feel soon...sure it takes a while but it is worth it in the long run.....Hey, listen to me being so positive today!! Yayyyy!!
Unread 11-26-2007, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Right there with you! Nausea, poor appetite, trouble sleeping....must be going around!!
Same here! It's a bummer cause I've been missing out on some great meals. My MIL is going in for heart surgery on Wednesday, so my SIL has been fulfilling all of her "last requests" as far as meals go. Saturday was steak and lobster and expensive champagne. Since I hadn't been eating real food all week, I had to stick with part of a baked potato and about 2 bites of steak and 1 bite of lobster and NO champagne. It was pure torture watching everyone else feast! Last night was dinner at her favorite Mexican restaurant. Spicy food and nausea, great combo! The sleeping is difficult too. Every night I've been up until at least 1 a.m. I can't seem to get comfortable in bed.

I can't believe it is 3 weeks already for me. I expected to be feeling 100% by now, but I still feel like I have hardly any energy. I do one thing and then I slump on the couch for an hour! Even a shower is exhausting. When does the energy come back?

I got a kick out of the week 3 post-op tip that says not to visit your place of employment because they might think you are well. I have not been taking the kids to school in the morning (hubby is still doing it), and I actually only drove once last week, but.... the one day I did drop my daughter off at school was the day the woman I work for happened to cross me on the road. I never see this woman in the morning! I mean NEVER. Sure enough, about an hour later she left a message on my telephone saying how she saw me out driving and I looked good (how you can tell that passing by in a car??) and to call and give her my availability for the week. Yeah, right! I never called her back. I guess when I told her repeatedly before surgery that I wouldn't be coming back until the new year, that translated to call me 2 weeks after major surgery in her mind!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2007, 12:57 PM

3 weeks today for me.........and I think yesterday was the worse day for pain for me. When I went to bed last night I was going to get up and call the doc first thing because of the horrible sharp unending pain in my lower tummy. It hurt sitting down and getting up......hurt to lift my leg to put on my pants. After getting up it was very hard to stand up straight for a few steps........but go figure today no pain.

Yes, just as CAmich said I was expecting to be 100% also.....what a shocker for me when I'm not. My family has been great and very helpfu but I want to do things on my own........and that seems to be the problem....too much time on my feet. I guess.

But today is a good day and I will take it.......really hope that the pain from the past few days is just a memory. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Lori, 47 TAH on Nov. 5th..........from rainy Keedysville, MD
Unread 11-26-2007, 02:01 PM

Hi Ladies - I'm coming up on 3 weeks too. Have been very fortunate to only take 800mg motrin every 8 hours since surgery. Starting to get very sharp pains in lower abdomen. I too thought I would have more energy by now. I have been walking outside with my husband almost every day. On the treadmil the 1st time today 20 minutes, a little over 1 mile.....hope I feel ok tomorrow.

Great to hear how everyone is doing. Hang in there!
Unread 11-26-2007, 04:58 PM

Cidwolf,

Have you tired GasX for the gas cramps? I use it 2-3 times per day. It works great!
Unread 11-26-2007, 09:14 PM
3 week check-up today

Man, you ladies are so chatty (wink). It's taken me at least 30 minutes to catch up on how everyone is doing here! LOL

I have been recovering at a very slow pace. All I end up doing is eating, sleeping, taking my pain meds, and then repeating the cycle. I had my TAH on 11/7/07, left ovary and cervix are gone.

I have had a couple of times where I over-did it. One time was this past weekend when we went shopping. I was walking a little too much and OMGosh did it HURT. Today after the doctor's appt., we (my DH and I) did some errands, and after we got home, I literally conked out in my recliner.

During my 3 week post-op check today, my doc gave me the clearance to drive, said my incision looks great, and that I can start doing light housework again. I don't want to start driving or doing housework again!!!! Waaaah!!! I still get tired at the drop of a hat.

I also saw pics of my uterus. When I saw the pics the first time, I was waking up in the recovery room, so I was very fuzzy-headed. This time when I saw the pics, I was shocked at how huge my uterus was. I had only one huge fibroid, and from what the pathology report said, it was starting to degenerate. My parts ended up going to Massachusetts General Hospital instead of Mayo Clinic for the second opinion pathology report.

I've decreased the amount of pain meds I've been taking, which is good, but at the same time, some of the pain meds just don't do a thing. I need to find something else that works. I'm taking Motrin 600 (which works) during the day, and Darvocet at night (which doesn't work well, but gets me to sleep at least).

Sending healing s to all my fellow sisters here! I've missed you all since I've been recouperating slowly.
Unread 11-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Question about bowel problems post TAH w/bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy

I am about 3 1/2 weeks post TAH with removal of both tubes, ovaries and cervix. I am 27 years old and I have horrible gas, at first I was constantly passing it, but now I haven't hardly been able to at all and it just puts me in a lot of pain. I have pretty bad pain in my rectum and lower pelvic area when I have a bowel movement and sometimes when I urinate as well. Is this something that I should worry about or can this be normal?

Thanks,
KrisMus80
Unread 11-27-2007, 06:01 AM

I will be 3 weeks wednesday. WOW thankfully it has been a good ride much easier then some of the other ladies.
As for gas Ys I still have it as well and have to say I don't know why. I to often reach for the gas x. Almost like it is hard on muscles or i think it will be to just release it. Bowels are much better this week thankfully I manage to go each day without pain but the gas. Perhaps it is we just arn't as mobile as before but I do walk around alot.

Still have that litle hole but it is getting smaller so just watching it.

Hope to do the xmas tree this weekend but will get everyone to help.
I will just do the fluffingup LOL

You all with checkups lucky you. I don't even go to doc till Jan 8. I know if it ws a problem she would see me but since I am fine I will just wait it out.
Unread 11-27-2007, 06:29 AM

Wow! Sorry to hear about all the hurdles everyone is experiencing. I have been doing okay since 11/12 TVH, rectocele repair and vaginal suspension.
I use the word okay very liberally here. My biggest struggle is that since I had TVH I have no incision and look as though I should be just fine. I have even fooled myself some days. I also have a pretty high pain tolerance so I thuink I may have been doing too much, as I have begun bleeding again and have some intense pain.

I do not have a follow-up until 6 weeks but I may call my doctor just to check and see where I should be now and what is allowed. I think that I have lived in pain so long before surgery I have just gotten used to it and so I just block it out and keep going. Probably not the best thing for healing after surgery.

As far as gas goes....I just said to dh and ds last night I have more gas now than rihgt after surgery. It is really crazy and embarrassing, I toot about every 30 minutes when I am awake. It is also quite painful when it reaches a certain point in my abdomen. Anyone else?

Thanks for listening sisters!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register