Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 - Page 32 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Unread 11-28-2007, 06:48 PM
5lucas

Hi to everyone. I'm 37 and had my hysterectomy, bladder tack, and tighting done on nov 6, 07. It's been 3wks . had my first 2 wk ck-up on nov 19 and dr said everything looks good and i can start driving on dec 3.; But i drove my daughter to her ortho app today nov 28 a couple of days early and i feel like someone punched me down there. is this a normal feeling? I only had to drive for 20 min. someone let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2007, 07:46 PM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Still in shock - Jo here, indeed 5 days was not enough help but I managed with family bringing in meals and my DH would come home from work and make supper himself. At three weeks I am sore, my incision is burning, has a small opening that keeps draining a bit and my flow is just a small amount now. I take short walks and do light chores about the house and drive into town for short trips.
I've been through a bout of the flu...or at least I thought it was...at just over 1 week post op (vomiting and diarrhea all night! ) Hence the small opening in my incision. My doctor doesn't want me back to work for at least 6 weeks....I've been told many say 8 weeks is too early but I guess it's an individual thing. My DH and I were talking and he mentioned walking me down the hospital corridor the evening after surgery...I can't recall that at all ....is that what morphine does to you? I didnt' think I got out of bed at all that evening! Anyway, better days ahead and I'm so glad to hear that your free and clear now! There are so many things to be thankful for!
Unread 11-28-2007, 08:04 PM

Did you have a TAH? Mine was mostly laproscopic so my recovery sounds a whole lot easier. That flu sounded awful! No wonder your incision was affected! I had a bladder/kidney infection 1 week post with fever and major abdominal pains but it lasted only about four days. My doc gave me torodal in the hospital for pain but when I went home the next day I only needed Motrin 800.
Your family sounds wonderfully supportive for you. It is so strange for them to see us in this wole of needing the help instead of giving it. You seem to be building up as you can and listening to your body. Getting our energy back will be the toughest as all our strength has been going into healing. I have to start weening myself off of daytime tv...those shows on HGTV are more addictive than the pain killers!
Hugs,
Lynn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2007, 08:41 PM

Good day sisters! I called dr today because I started bleeding yesterday, cramping, heaviness etc. Had tvh, (due to prolapse),vaginal suspension and rectocele on the 12th. The nurse called back and said the dr said it was normal. I guess I was worried over nothing. It's just I had not bled red blood since about day 5. She said I was probably over doing it and I know I have been doing more than I should but I really do not have anyone to help.

Has anyone else begun bleeding after no bleeding? Also, is anyone struggling with not overdoing it? I just feel like everyone looks at me and thinks, "well, she looks good, she must be all better and should be doing everything normally." It has only been 16 days but it seems like forever since my surgery.

Also, my hair is breaking off...not to mention some nice pimples...anyone else?
Unread 11-29-2007, 12:11 AM

Ladies,
Just checking in. I haven't been doing very well so need to get off the computer here and go to bed... I will read all the posts at a later time here is my update

I am 3 weeks post op today. My incsion isn't healing very well looks like it is seperating. I have stinky discharge from it but doc says no infection. Still a lot of pain. Not as bad as it was by any means but still can't be home alone (need help with things like opening the back door for the dogs, opening the fridge, pouring drinks that kind of thing. When I do them I start bleeding a lot of red from my incision. Yesterday I started having vaginal spotting (when my period would have been due I hope this doesn't mean I will be one of the few who continues to) today I have been passing VERY small clots. I also have a spot on my left hand size where there is a mass the size of my hand (with fingers straight out and tightly together) it is very tender. I am not at the feeling much better than before stage yet and am getting quite discouraged! Tomorrow HAS to be better is my NEW mantra LOL
Unread 11-29-2007, 05:54 AM

Hi Amy, I sure hope things start to improve for you. I had a TAH on Nov. 8 and am still pretty sore at times but I am able to do things around the house. My incision has an open spot that happened when I had a bout of vomitting and diarrhea 1 week post op.... it drains a small amount of yellowish fluid now and again. My flow is just a small yellowish with some pink now and no clots.
I know this experiene is different for each person and you'll find that out once you read some of the other posts here. I'm sending some healing prayers your way and hope you start to feel a lot better. Let us know how things go for you, Jo in Ontario, Canada
Unread 11-29-2007, 07:47 AM
Update

I feel so bad for alot of you people. Everyone definately heals differently. I had TAH on 11/6. I started driving at 2 weeks. I haven't had any pain from that. Very little now, just few little twinges here and there. I'm still not lifting anything heavy and still getting help with vacuuming and sweeping. I hope you all feel better soon.
Unread 11-29-2007, 08:01 AM

good morning
i am 4 weeks post op and beginning to feel better.Sent my son home on tuesday nice to be on my own again.really over did things yesterday so need to take it easy today. have driven a couple of times but get really stiff.have started to do some work at home as xmas is my money making time. Must pace myself thank god there is down time while product sets.Nausea has settled a bit and bowel is slowly recovering.Will not return to my fulltime job for at least another 6 to 8 weeks.This is due to the fact i have had tow major surgeries in three month and my job is physical
Unread 11-29-2007, 08:09 AM

Hi Ami,

I had my SAH on 11/7 too - (in Medford, Oregon.) Anyway, I've been doing okay, but a couple of days ago I started spotting and ended up calling the doctor yesterday after passing some small clots. I thought it was due to the fact that this is my time of the month and I did keep both ovaries and my cervix and maybe my body is just adjusting. Well, the doctor assured me that it was part of the normal healing process, but, if I started to bleed alot and felt sick or started a fever, to call immediately. Hang in there. I hope that you start feeling better soon.

Tera
Unread 11-29-2007, 09:38 AM

I had my TAH surgery on NOV 7, and really felt great...driving at 2 weeks, but stiff, etc. Then in 3rd week, I have horrible pull or something near right side of incision, and a bump...VERY painful, and I feel worse than I did at any other stage. Hard to walk, sit or stand. My right side had alot more pain from the start, in hospital...I may have pulled something then, when i was sick from anesthesia first a.m.
I hope it goes away, as I was really hoping to move on, and get active, now that my periods won't be around to take over my life! If I KNEW it would go away sooner rather than later, I guess I'd have more comfort. Shouldn't complain, I guess, as everyhting else seems ok. Just frustrated.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register