Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 - Page 34 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Unread 11-30-2007, 12:02 PM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

I'm hearing how exhausted most people seem. I'm 3 weeks post op and am very tired most of the time. I'm getting pains in my lower abdomen..quite sharp at times...I too can only sit for so long, stand for so long or walk for so long. My Doctor said 6-8 weeks off work and I have a desk job! I'm afraid I've had a yellowish pink discharge for the past while but it is diminishing. Can't identify with you CAmich. My main problem is no appetite...nausea...I only eat because I know I should...with Christmas coming I hope it comes back!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2007, 12:21 PM

Quote:
My main problem is no appetite...nausea...I only eat because I know I should...with Christmas coming I hope it comes back!
Well, I've got that too! Most days its liquids and very little solids. I did eat some cereal this morning, although it was totally unhealthy Cap'n Crunch. It was the only thing that seemed appealing. Of course, now I feel disgusting.

I hope you get over your nausea and loss of appetite soon, jmary. It's no fun, that's for sure! Take care.
Unread 11-30-2007, 12:52 PM

Hello all......

CAmich I have had no spotting, bleeding or discharge and I am very happy about that. I think we are fine. Monday will be 4 weeks for me and after reading most of the posts on here I am doing great. I sleep good, I am restless because of being board, I have very little pain only from time to time although I can tell when I over do because I have very low pain and do have to take meds more then Motrin.

Unfortunitly we own our own business and our office is in our home and 1 week to the day I was doing payroll..........on drugs.......amazing everyones checks were correct. But have left most go and will start back at the desk on Monday. Mail is piling up. As I have said in past post I have also been working on things to be sold at the Waterford, VA Christmas fair. That has helped keep my mind off of being uncomfortable.

I keep all of you in my prayers that have all kinds of bad things happening to you. I know in the end all the pain we have suffered will be well worth it.......Keep you chins up and it will pass.

Huggs to All.....

Lori in Sunny cold Keedysville, MD
47, TAH.........November 5th.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2007, 03:27 PM
I have not

had any spotting or bleeding or discharge yet either. I don't think you should worry at all.

Hugs, Karen
TAH Nov. 6
Unread 11-30-2007, 04:15 PM
25 Days Post Op

My incision is still open in 4 different places. Where my drain was at is still open, and that too is oozing something. I am cleaning all the areas with hydrogen peroxide several times a day. These smell horrible.

I feel like I have a 4x4 inside of me, and am walking around like a lumberjack because of it. I haven't been on any antibiotics (my gyn wants me to try to fight whatever it is off). I have a clear discharge, no clots or bleeding.

My energy level is still coming and going. There are days when I feel great, and then there are days when I just want to lay in bed and sleep because I feel so exhausted.

I expected to be sore following surgery, but nothing compared to this. I think what got me moving quite a bit was having to move around so much the day of the surgery (that evening). I was walking, getting myself from my bed into wheelchairs, getting myself onto other beds for Cat Scans and MRI's, etc. I am a BBW, and nobody really wanted to help me move so I did it myself. Talk about painful. That is why I think I have the open wounds in my incision. It was all of that moving around, plus having staples didn't help. They seemed to pull all around my incision.

Anyway, I am relieved my surgery is over and done with. It was a very long time overdue according to both me, and my gyn. After what she saw and I experienced...nobody should ever have to endure that sort of crap with dr's nor suffer in silence no matter what size you are.

Blessings all around!
Unread 11-30-2007, 05:48 PM

CAmich,
I have not had any bleeding, spotting, etc. Had mine 2 days after you - took everything but one ovary. Don't worry....I will worry if I actually do have some spotting.... Actually, haven't had any since the hospital .

Hope your energy level returns soon..
Unread 11-30-2007, 05:53 PM

Thanks everyone! Whew! I won't worry any more.

Same here, browneyescytx. I had two small drops when they removed the catheter and packing and that was it. I guess we are lucky.

Thanks for making me feel better.
Unread 11-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Pain in side

Well I have been feeling really well until last night and especially today. I have a terrible pain in my lower left abdomen area, maybe fallopian tube I have no idea. I've had a low grade fever all afternoon and it really hurts to walk. I've been in bed all afternoon. The doctors of course were closed by time I called. They did call back and said take tylenol and try ice & heat. If it gets worse tonight go to ER. if not will wait until Saturday and go to walk in clinic. Has anyone else experienced something similiar?
Unread 11-30-2007, 09:55 PM

lucky531 I too have been hurting terribly on my left side. I had a TVH on Nov 8th, and was doing ok, until this past Tuesday. I got very swollen, and was just about bent over with cramping. I am still spotting, and get very tired easily. I called my Dr, and was told to come in for an ultra sound. Thank goodness my stitches were intact, but I did have bleeding on my left side. I was told that I am trying to do way too much, and to do very little the rest of my time off from work. I had a slight infection on my lower incision. I was given more pain meds, and cream for my infection.

I am bored out of my mind... and my appetite has gotten terrible, and I know it is because of my boredom. Anyways..hope things get better for you!
Unread 11-30-2007, 10:05 PM

I too am very tired. I was so excited after I had my TVH on Nov 8th, as I got around a lot better than I was expecting. However... going into my 3rd week, I took a full 360. I felt very swollen, I was hurting - like menstral cramps, not content no matter the position I am in. I don't want to sit any longer, don't want to lay any longer.. and can't walk very long without hurting. I know the week of Thanksgiving I more than likely did too much, as I had family come in from out of town (cooked, shopped, etc). BUT... I am ready to get better.
My Dr doesn't want me doing much at all, (finally decided to call on Tues, and was told to come in for ultra sound) until my insides are healed. I am still spotting, have never stopped. I have went through almost 2 packs of pads since my surgery.
Someone please tell me this is going to get better. I know that I am eating way too much, because of being so bored. I want to be able to fit in my desk when I go back to work!!! =(
I can't go back until Jan. 2nd.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register