Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 - Page 41 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Unread 12-14-2007, 05:38 AM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Still can't get my jeans buttoned because I'm still all swollen. I have to wear long shirts to work so I don't flash everyone.

AND I feel like I've put on about ten pounds since my surgery. A teeny part of me was hoping that I'd eventually weigh less because of my missing parts and pieces.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2007, 06:21 AM

yes,I had total hyst nov 5th and did not spot until a week later,after the forth week my insision opened up and i started leaking a little blood and fluid,have to have it cleaned every day and packed with gauze,it hurts,but the doc said that my body is trying to fight infection,my belly still swells,still have twinges of pain,bms are hard,on and on...still get real tired durring the day...hang in there...
Lilly
Unread 12-14-2007, 05:39 PM

DebbieSweety -

Thanks for a good laugh! (And it didn't hurt!) That's exactly what it feels like. I've been having that pressure feeling down low like everything is going to fall out.

I have my check up on Monday and then I go back to work on Tuesday. I'll be part-time for three days and then work a full day on Friday. I'll have four days to recover before going back.

I am having a lot of aching in my lower back. And one of my lap. incisions got infected. I got it cleaned up with what the nurse suggested but it's not healing up very well. It's right at the naval and I think it gets rubbed by my clothes and when I bend it probably stretches.

s to you all!
Susan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2007, 11:52 PM

Hello my fellow sister I had mine done on the 13 of nov and I am four weeks out and feel great after I had my share of problems I hope all is well with you all to thanks for being here to listen to me love Amy
Unread 12-15-2007, 08:23 AM

I went back to work on Wednesday! I am an esthetician, so I do facials and waxing, makeup, etc. I decided that my first week back would be a nice and easy one- only a few hours each day and only facial waxing, so I could sit down. Well, I had no idea how much I use my abdominal muscles when I am at work!! I have a small, rolling stool that I sit on and scoot back and forth to my client. Holy cow. I was only there for about 10 minutes when I started getting sore. Last night (Fri) I got home from work and we had to leave to go to my son's basketball game. While driving there in the car, I had a few random shooting knifelike pains on my right side. I gasped and my husband wanted to know what was wrong. The pains were so sudden and unexpected and I wasn't doing anything, just sitting in the passenger seat. My back is super sore, too. I couldn't wait to get home and get the heating pad out. I'm a bit nervous about next week since I have a super busy work schedule and oh yeah, I'm not done with my Christmas shopping and haven't started my baking yet.

tracyellen1619
TAH w/bladder sling 11/7/07
Unread 12-15-2007, 08:53 AM

Stacy68, a BIG part of me was hoping to lose weight from this! I thought that would be the silver lining of the black cloud of surgery. Alas it hasn't quite turned out that way. I haven't gained but I haven't lost a lot. Maybe it's because hanging around the house makes it soo easy to eat.
Unread 12-15-2007, 01:06 PM

MarrG-

I was hoping to lose weight from the surgery too. The doctor tried to do a LAVH but had to do a TAH because my uterus was the size of a volleyball. I thought that must weigh something! Nope - 1 pound. Oh well...

Susan
Unread 12-15-2007, 03:02 PM

That's interesting. Mine was 5 lbs but I don't think it was quite as large as a volleyball. I wonder what makes one set of fibroids weigh more than another? Anyway, I've lost a grand total of 9 lbs and of course 5 of those were "lost" the hard way!
Unread 12-18-2007, 12:37 AM
Adenomyosis finally confirmed

I was so relieved to find out that I definitely had adenomyosis. It seems like a weird thing to be grateful for, but in the back of my mind I was afraid that something I was doing (or not doing) was the cause of my problems. I had all of these "maybies" running through my mind, so when the Dr. confirmed adenomyosis I was actually happy. Not that something was wrong, but that I hadn't caused the problem. YAY!!!!

I'm approaching that all important six week mark and starting to feel mostly normal. My low back aches and my abdomen still has an occasional twinge or ache, but overall I feel good. The only real issue that is still plagueing me is a desire to sleep a lot. It is REALLY difficult to get up in the morning. I have never been a morning person, but this is a lot worse than usual. I'm hoping that my body is just still healing and needing a bit more sleep. I also have had a case of the blues this last week, and I kept my ovaries. It just seems like my body is calming down enough for my brain to finally catch up.
Unread 12-18-2007, 05:15 AM

I'm also approaching six weeks from a TAH and find that my tummy is still very sore...mostly in the afternoon evening. When I try to work about the house I suffer in the evening. Also, low back pain is a daily thing as I try to get back to normal activity. I will see my Dr. this week for my six week checkup and hope to get the green light for many activities that I have left behind for a while.
I also have been feeling a bit down lately and can't figure out why. You'd think that feeling so much better as Christmas approaches would make me happy.
I'm glad that sisters are still writing in to say how they are doing as it gives me a sense of "yes, they're still going through what I am and still there for support". Have a good day all. Jo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register