Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 - Page 47 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Unread 01-31-2008, 12:08 PM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Hello Ladies,

Thought I would check in and see how everyone is doing. Huge Hugs for those that are still feeling yucky.

I am back to work at both jobs now. The um...relations with boyfriend...are going good (blush). Still getting really depressed and cranky even with the prozac the dr put me on to help with the moodswings. I get to go in three times a week for the whole month of february and get my hormones checked and to see if my lonely ovary kicked in at all. I am still anemic and am taking the iron pills. YUCK! Everything tastes like a steel pipe.

Other than that, I think life is getting to be pretty good now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2008, 12:45 PM

For those of you that are doing great, I am so happy for you! I'm glad that you are feeling better and happy after the surgery.

For those of you still suffering, I'm sorry that you are still having problems. I'm sending you all a hug.

As for me, I guess I'm still waiting to feel like a new woman. I never went back to work. I'm just not comfortable sitting that long. I never got back to exercise, too much pain. I feel like both ovaries (if that's what it is) are like two overinflated balloons. Gee, thanks so much for convincing me to leave those in there doctor. So much pressure and pain in there! I keep telling myself it's all normal recovery stuff because I don't want to go back to the doctor, but I know at 3 months out now I'm just fooling myself.

I guess I've probably got about 50% of my energy back, so I am greatful for that. I'm also eating normal again, which is a good thing. Small positive steps but steps nonetheless.

I haven't checked this thread in awhile, so it's good to hear from all of you!
Unread 01-31-2008, 05:06 PM

Really nice to see some familiar "names" writing here. The support from all of you is priceless!
I'm not yet at the point of feeling like a new woman but I don't miss the pain and bleeding! I still have wound pain...especially bad in the evenings after a day at work...right beside my incision. My family doctor sent me for a pelvic ultrasound...that showed a small cyst on my right ovary...they did a transvaginal ultrasound and when she shifted the probe to the left side the pain was intense! Sex has been more painful than anything else so I am wondering if it will ever be normal.
Went to see my surgeon today and he says I still have granulation tissue and treated it with some silver nitrate. He says this can cause some pain but he can't find a reason for the intense pain on the left side of my vagina but tells me I have a rectocele...and there is a procedure for that. This is why it feels like I am walking with a large tampon between my legs! He put me on estrogen pills to insert and says this may help my symptoms. Gave me a one time pill for a yeast infection. He wants to have a look at my pelvic ultrasound as well.
So....I'm trying to go to the gym at least 3 times a week, working full time, and feeling so sore...walking for very long hurts, sitting for very long hurts...
This is not how I pictured my recovery.....I didn't think I'd need any estrogen yet!
Frozen Tundra and CAmich...really good to hear from you! Brings back memories...good ones! Hope to hear from more of the ladies who went through this back then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2008, 04:56 PM

Ladies, now that you are more than 8 weeks post op, this progress thread has been moved to the date club forum.

We invite you to continue to participate, replying in support of other members with questions or starting a thread to ask questions of your needs. Please visit the pre-op and post-op forums to reply to other women in need of support!

And of course, you may continue to reply here to this thread with your friends of your hyst date club!

Thank you for making a difference at Hystersisters.com with your "woman to woman" support and kindness.
Unread 02-11-2008, 02:18 PM

UUGGGHH!!!!

Just went to the dr and got my iron checked...back down to a 4! I swear I am going to eat an entire cow for lunch wednesday and go get checked again! (sorry, little bit cranky) No wonder I have been feeling like crap again. I just don't know what to do anymore...taking the yucky iron pills, eating lots of meat, beans and leafy greens, even been drinking those 'green' drinks full of grass and junk...no tea or milk products since they can bind with iron...even been eating liver once a week and eating pate...

Still cold outside, it is -3...snowing...wind has quite for a bit...

I think I am just going home after work and crawling in the bathtub with a LARGE glass of wine...

Good news is the nurse got the needle in right away for the hormone check today, guess we will see how that goes...

Thanks ladies...
Unread 02-11-2008, 04:33 PM

Sounds like you're doing all you can to get that iron up...I hope it soon shows for you. The hot bath and large glass of wine sounds really appealing...it's -13 celcius here and we're expecting more snow tomorrow.
My doctor put me on vaginal estrogen for a rectocele....he didn't check my hormone levels at all...
Anyway, hope you're feeling better soon...and here's to the warm weather!
Unread 02-12-2008, 07:29 AM
Feeling ok

I went back to work exactly 8 weeks after my TAH and it wasn't too bad. But last month I worked a lot of overtime which meant sitting down all day long (sometimes 10 hours at a time). I had also started walking at the gym. I started with 30, then 45, then a whole hour of walking and then sometimes the bike for 10 to 15 minutes. I did this for 4 days a week for 3 weeks. A week ago I began to bleed. The nurse at my OB/GYN told me to take it easy because I was doing too much too soon. She told me to try only 30 minutes for a while and to work less or at least get up and move around more. I took her advise and I do feel better. My belly sometimes feels swollen and something way deep in there really aches sometimes (almost like a knife). But I really do feel better than before my surgery.
Hope everyone has a Happy Valentine's Day!!!
Unread 02-12-2008, 06:30 PM

Hello Ladies,

It seems so very strange that I have a pain-free life now. I no longer have the anxiety of wondering if I am bleeding down my leg at the grocery store, or if I have to call out of work because of really bad cramps.

I am just delighted with my results. My surgery really was so very much needed. I am so very grateful to my new gyn who helped me achieve that goal.

I am so angry with my 2 prior gyn's who just played the money game with me. But then again, they are men who have no clue as to what it is to even have cramps. I am glad I left their practice. They were not interested in my healthcare at all. The more I think about those 2, the more angry I get at myself. They really were anti-surgery from the start, and just were looking out for themselves.

I have had no menopausal symptoms, and no side effects. I am not on any hrt now. So far so good.

Now, I have to admit that recovery is not easy by a long shot. It has been quite an ordeal. I am still seeking treatment out at the hospitals Wound Care Center because I am allergic to staples, sutures, and adhesives used in the dressings. But I am on the mend.

I also have pain every now and then where my right ovary was. For some reason it wants to just throb. Then it goes away. I was told to expect this for a while because of the cysts that were covering it. I had 3 cysts rupture on my ovary and 2 were left fully ulcerated when my dr removed it. I am just so very grateful that my gyn saw my previous sonograms and ultrasounds showing the cysts prior to them rupturing (indicating the pain I was having), plus the other ones ready to rupture.

I am able to grocery shop and do other shopping with confidence and comfort again which I dearly missed. I was wayyy uncomfortable with what was happening to my body during my cycle. I had to depend on my family to do all of that for me.

This has been such a long haul. I am so glad it is overwith.
Unread 02-12-2008, 09:00 PM

I'm happy to say I'm almost back to normal and I even donated blood last week--the first time I was accepted in 2 years (always deferred due to low iron). But I am still experiencing the weird thing where I feel hungry and full at the same time. One regular meal can sometimes make me feel overstuffed, and yet I'll still be hungry. Hungry and nauseated at the same time! This was how I felt most of last year (otherwise I was symptom-free, I have been very lucky).

If I know I'm going out for dinner on the weekend, I have to plan ahead in order to avoid eating any other meals that day. Has anyone else experienced this?
Unread 02-13-2008, 04:54 AM

I had a bout of nausea, vomiting and diarrhea just over 1 week post op and ever since then I've been nauseated....slightly...it does get bad a times. I know that I have not had an appetite for food and that is just returning. I have my supper and then I'll want more...even though I'm full. So I think it is similar to what you are experiencing. I also have abdominal cramps..mostly in the morning..they seem to subside by late afternoon....so since there is nothing left to cramp in there..it must be my bowels? I also have a rectocele I'm dealing with so I'm not sure if that is related. Doctor has me on vaginal estrogen but I'm still full of symptoms.
I had a TAH with a vertical incision too.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register