Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Unread 11-11-2007, 08:30 AM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Tina-
Thanks for the information about the v dot patch, I will do some more research on it.

I visit my doc on Tuesday to have my staples taken out, not looking forward to it but at least I know the healing process is moving in the right direction. Overall, I am feeling pretty good. I had surgery 5 years ago to remove two large chocolate cysts, I already knew what to anticipate regarding the incision across the stomach. This knowledge has helped me out big time!
The most amazing thing is the pressure and endo pain is gone. I can't believe I already notice that change! YEA!!!!

Netty 67-
Go for walk, you will feel so much better and work out some the boredom. I went for a short walk yesterday (around the cul-de-sac) and felt much better. My doctor and father (who is a retired doc) encourage walking, but not a whole lot.

Susan
TAH/BSO, November 6
Fibroids, severe enodmetrosis-a total mess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-11-2007, 09:55 AM

Hi Gals! Had my TAH/pubovaginal bladder sling done on Wednesday the 7th. Home on Friday morning - the only time I really had any nausea was the first night when I stood up to walk for the first time. The nurse put something in the IV and within a few minutes that pukey feeling was gone. I haven't been eating a lot, but regular meals since Thursday morning. Colace (stool softener) 2x a day, but I still haven't had a BM and it's Sunday morning? Gas pains and I know things are moving around, but nothing has made an appearance yet! Had my first shower yesterday morning to wash the hospital stink off. Put on some perfume and felt more like a human being. I'm moving around pretty well and our house is a tri level, so I have been doing stairs without too much pain, I just move slowly. Doc said that fibroid and uterus were soccer ball sized when he took them out, but he was able to get the whole thing with the bikini line incision - I think it measures about 8 inches and doesn't look too bad. Dissolvable stitches and steri strips. Looks pretty bruised around it, but I'm sure they had to really pull on retractors. I have to cath myself at home until I can pee out most of what is in my bladder, so I've learned a new skill, haha. Glad the wait is over. Path won't be finished until next week, but GYN said that it looked just like a fibroid and wasn't concerned with anything else. Yeah!
Unread 11-11-2007, 10:27 AM

hi princesses!
hope all are doing well. i had a lavh on weds, woke up after surgery and made them remove the catheter... it felt like it was not in all the way (i put them in patients as part of my job, i know that they should not be felt!). so i was up and down to the comode all night. not so bad though it sort of got me ambulating a little bit early!
i came home on thursday, early afternoon, i was so happy to be home. im a bit of a hermit so that was a long time for me to be gone!
yesterday i was feeling quite ambitious, and did some laundry which my hubby was not to thrilled about and im sure that the doctor would not be too thrilled to hear that i also cleaned my childrens room! not too bad since they are 4 & 5 and can help a little.
the gas has been the worst to deal with, last night while watching a movie and having dinner, everytime i would breath i would feel a bubble by my sternum ( lower-middle of the ribs) and so when i looked it could actually be seen, sort of strange but has subsided!
all in all im doing good, 1000 mg of motrin every 5-6 hrs and stool softeners morning and night are my weapons. dr prescribed a narc but it makes me nauseated so ill stick with what i know works for me.
hope all are doing great and getting lost of rest! hugs to all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-11-2007, 11:34 AM

Had my surgery (LSH) on 11/7 also...came home 11/8 and feel great, just swelling and tender belly. Can't sleep comfortably, but I'm sure that will get better. I'm so happy that my doctor was able to complete the surgery totally laprascopically (I've had 3 c-sections). God bless us all!!
Unread 11-11-2007, 11:39 AM
back from TAH

Had a TAH on wednesday...went home friday. I feel pretty good, tho' sleep is always a prob, especially in the hospital...so glad i was able to leave early. A bit miserable in the hospital, as many of the pain meds have me itching insanely while not helping the pain...would have been happy with a few ibuprofin...anything but what i had the first nite! I believe i am allergic to morphine and it's cousins...to go thru major surgery and have itching driving you to the brink...OY!
I have a great doc...he said it was good i had this done, as my bladder was a mess...almost flat and scarred, and completely adhered to my uterus, due to 3 c-sections. The only other time i was in hospital, I got a baby at the end, so I seriously almost packed my camera! Very odd to go in for "elective" surgery, with everything technically healthy, tho' happy to have done it. Look forward to having no periods and all of the pain and bleeding gone. The pain I'm having now will be over soon, and i look forward to a better future. I hope everyone is well, and feels better soon.
Unread 11-11-2007, 01:01 PM

Hey all! My sweet brother just took me for a ride out in the beautiful sunshine and I went a did a little grocery shopping. I made sure to not life anything. I'm surprised at how well I'm feeling just now. Just slow moving like a turtle----but I like turtles.
Unread 11-11-2007, 07:48 PM

I had my LAVH on Wed 11/7 @ 9:30 am and was at home relaxing on my couch by 3 pm on Thurs 11/8. Everything went smoothly and I am convinced that this was the best thing I could have done. DH has been great and I could not be happier.

I go see my DR on 11/19 and hope to be cleared for work on 11/26. I am feeling alot better than I thought I would. I only use the pain medication sparingly.

Good luck to all the other ladies who are at home recovering. Take it slow and be sure not to over do.
Unread 11-12-2007, 07:48 AM

Wow ladies you all seem to be recovering so well - aint it amazing.. I have not even used a whole 16 paracetamol packet since i came out of hospital 3 nov. Sleeping a bit better, head muzzy still often .Feeling like i could do lots - BUT i know i cant. Thats the frustrating bit.
God is good x
Unread 11-12-2007, 07:49 AM

Are there many UK ladies out there, seems mostly US. I am asure im not alone x
Unread 11-12-2007, 09:59 AM

Hello Ladies,

I had my TAH/BSO on Nov. 6th. I am still moving very slowly. It is difficult to move (sitting up to getting up, walking, etc.). I think it will just be a matter of time before I am feeling and doing so much more.

Thank you all for your support and love!

Blessings all around!
Roseptl

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register