Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 - Page 57 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Unread 07-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

jmary, I hope your TVT procedure went well! I also hope that your blood pressure and thyroid are doing better now.
I hope you are feeling better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2008, 03:46 PM

jmary,

I too hope your procedure went well...

CAmich,

Hang in there gir! Just think...you should be a totally new woman when this is all over with...

news from me...I have gained back the 20 pounds I had lost after surgery...just in time for swimsuit season but i have been traveling for work and eating junk and WAY to much...good news item-my acne has finally cleared up! I have also quit taking the prozac since they actually made the hot flashes worse...no hormones for me yet, and i am not as 'crazy' as I was a few months ago.

HUGS ladies!
Unread 07-10-2008, 06:39 PM

Thanks for the good wishes ladies! The tvt went fine and I had a general anesthetic and went home at 5pm the same day. The pain was incredible! I couldn't get to the washroom by myself...I almost passed out on my DH and had been taking the tylenol #3 every 4 hours. I called the doctor's office and he said it shouldn't be so painful and that he thinks there is some bleeding going on to cause this and I should be fine in 2-3 days. Well it's day three and I am finally starting to feel better. Waiting for that elusive bowel movement!
I also noticed I was leaking today...not sure what that is all about!!! Perhaps just some swelling going down...I hope.
I can't sit for long, stand or walk for long but I am getting better.
CAmich....hope things are moving along well for you and that you will feel better. Frozen Tundra...I know about weight gain..I have 8 extra pounds on that I can't seem to lose...eventually I will...positive thinking. My blood pressure seems to have gone down but my heart is acting up...I have to wear a halter monitor last week for a couple of days so I have yet to hear about that. Thyroid levels are still off wack so have to see the Doctor yet again to figure that out. It's time to relax and enjoy this summer.
Please keep me updated as per how you're doing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2008, 03:25 PM

FrozenTundra, I've been struggling with my weight too. I go up and down with the same 4 pounds. There's no rhyme or reason to it. Yesterday I ate a donut for breakfast and greasy pizza for dinner and I was a pound less this morning. Weird!

jmary, I'm glad that your TVT procedure is over. I REALLY hope that this helps you. Sorry to hear that your still having problems with your heart and thyroid levels. Hopefully, those things will resolve. I hope that you won't be in pain too much longer from the procedure.

I just got back from the urologist who reviewed my CT scans. The report from the imaging center says that there is no kidney stone visible. My doctor, however, says that he believes the stone is still in there. When he compared the CT done in the ER with the one they did on Monday at the imaging center, he sees no difference. There are 2 ways to proceed, however, thanks to an allergic reaction to the contrast on Monday, in my case there is only 1 option and that is to go in with a ureteroscope and find out what's going on in there. And he wants to do this NEXT THURSDAY! Yikes! Another outpatient procedure and another delightful experience with anesthesia only 6 weeks after the laparoscopy. I'm not sure who to trust, the imaging center or the doctor. I am in a lot of pain today, so I asked the uro doc what could be causing the pain on the left side if there is no longer a kidney stone. His answer -- you've had a lot of laparoscopies, it's probably adhesions! I just had adhesion surgery 5 weeks ago!!! I bet the GYN doc is going to love it when I go back for my 6 week followup to tell him, hey, the uro doc thinks there are adhesions again. He's going to think I'm cuckoo!
Unread 07-11-2008, 03:31 PM

I'm sorry you're going through so much! I hope they can resolve your problems soon for you and take away the pain! I feel silly complaining when I hear what you are going through. Keep your head up and try to think positive! Sending some positive energy your way and some prayers too!
Unread 07-11-2008, 06:53 PM

You have every right to complain! My goodness, you have definitely been through your share as well. I just hope that you will finally get some relief now that the TVT is done. Thanks for your kind thoughts. I do appreciate it!
Unread 09-04-2008, 10:15 AM

Children mentioned

Hi Ladies,
I haven't posted in a long time. I have been trying to follow well meaning advice and "get past the hysterectomy" I am not there yet! I sometimes feel like I never will be. I think of life in sections. Childhood, babies, before hysterectomy and after hysterectomy. My life was changed. Before I was focused on making sure my kids survived now I am focused on MY survival. I am looking at more surgery. I have a mass on the left side of my belly that is HUGE and so had a CT and a US and in the process the found a very large cyst in my right ovary (not a surprise it has been hurting off and on for over a year) It REALLY started hurting about the time I found out about it and I tried to tell myself that it was just because I knew it was there... HOWEVER now I am bleeding again on day 9 and I know that's not psychosematic LOL. My PCP told me to call the doc that dis my SAH and see him about having everything removed so I called and they told me he couldn't see me because apparently I had a $61 balance that was sent to collections (they told me they were resubmitting it to my insurance) and the collection agency (which I have never heard from) says I refused to talk to them! I am scared. I don't want to go to the hospital that is closest to me (they have almost killed me a couple times) but if my other doc won't see me I have to either go there or find another doctor in that town so I can go to the hospital I had my SAH at. I think I am prattling so I better just stop. I just needed to say this stuff to someone
Unread 09-04-2008, 08:26 PM

LavendeRose I am so sorry to hear that you are having these problems. I hope you can get the insurance mess straightened around and get the care you need. So good to hear from you and know how you are doing.
I had a TVT in July and thought I was doing okay until I helped my daughter move...lifted a few too many things...now the inscision "bump" in my vagina is hanging outside the vagina...it wasn't before.
Take good care and keep us in the know about how you are doing.
Try to think positive and it will all work out.
Unread 09-05-2008, 09:52 AM

I wrote a post dated check and paid the $61.42 bill and will be seeing my doc later today. I will let you all know what he says.

What is a TVT?
Unread 09-05-2008, 09:57 AM

LaveneRose,

Keep us posted...

don't feel bad about the bill...I just got served papers on my hospital bill, I sent a copy to the insurance company and of course I have not had a response yet...the hospital is trying to take me to court over the balance of the billing (that we are STILL trying to straighten out)...

somedays...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register