5 weeks and never had stapled removed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 weeks and never had stapled removed 5 weeks and never had stapled removed

Unread 11-05-2007, 07:42 AM
5 weeks and never had stapled removed

I have been listening toothers about having their staples removed in the hospital or 1-2 weeks after. I am into my 5th week post-op and have never had staples removed. I go today for my 1st post-op visit since my surgery. i have what seems to be a staple (wire) sticking out on the left side of my incision and some that seem to be embedded din the skin along the incision. Any one else have this. Did they forget to remove them in the hospital. Alittle scared here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2007, 08:17 AM

I'm glad to hear you are going to the your post op appointment today.

Do you have staples, stitches, or a glue( it isn't real glue, but does the same thing)

I had something similar. My doctor cut it and I have never had a problem with it.

Try not to worry, you are seeing your doctor today so you will know.

Unread 11-05-2007, 08:21 AM

I had steri-strips which feel off around the 3rd week, but I can feel this metal piece sticking out on the left side. It sticks out about a 1/4 inch. did the stiches you had feel that toughlike a metal? if so you would of thought at 5 weeks they would of dissolved by now. I guess I will find out today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2007, 09:06 AM

Let us know how it goes, okay?

How many staples do you think you still have? All of them or just that one on the side?
Unread 11-05-2007, 09:29 AM

I don't know,its weird. There is the one on the side, and as you look at the incision you can see the same colored(they are a dark color) "items running so much in between each other.They are running along with the scare and not up and down.Is that easy to understand?
Unread 11-05-2007, 09:44 AM

Yes I understand. It sounds like some of them have been covered up by skin growing up around them. I am really surprised you still have them, they are supposed to come out a lot sooner than that. I think your doctor dropped the ball and I would be pretty ticked off personally.

Please bring this to your doctor's attention the very first thing when you go for your appointment and let me know how it went, okay? DO NOT let this get by your doctor.
Unread 11-05-2007, 09:49 AM

Yeah,but do the staples run along with the scar, or up and down over the scar? Mine are running along with the scar. And now with this "hot feeling" over the incsion......right now I am having that heat thing, and even when I put my semi-cold hand on the incision it feels better. Ice has been really helping these past couple of days.
Unread 11-05-2007, 09:55 AM

After five weeks I don't know how they're supposed to run. With the heat coming from the incision you may even have an infection. What time is your appointment?
Unread 11-05-2007, 09:58 AM

my apt. is at 1:15 p.m. It is almost 11:00 a.m. here. It seems later, but we had that "change back the time" thing this last Saturday, thats probably why I am still so tired today.
Unread 11-05-2007, 10:00 AM

Well only a couple more hours then. Hang in there.

I noticed you're in Missouri, what part? I'm in Kansas City!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register