5 weeks and never had stapled removed - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 weeks and never had stapled removed 5 weeks and never had stapled removed

Unread 11-05-2007, 08:25 PM
5 weeks and never had stapled removed

Thinking about you.

Hope everything went well at your appointment today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2007, 08:37 PM

Same hear. I was just thinking of you and wondering what happened at the doctor. I hope it went well. Keep us posted.
Unread 11-06-2007, 03:02 AM

I too am worried about you. We are all hoping good things for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2007, 06:21 AM

welll...believe it or not hose are stiches in there and they will dissolve. he didnt use staples on me. he called them the kind of stiches plastic surgeons use. They are ver thick but will dissolve. he sewed me up as tight as he could oon the top layer and the used the steri-strips. sorry for the worry. I wa also worried.But feel better now. From rreading everyones posts it semme like you all had staples. My apt. went well, and yes I was very sore afterwards. He pushed alot on the incision area and did and exam. I didn't know my uterus weight. it was 1/2 lb. Before I could get a word out edge wise he said" you have a pretty strenuous job, don't you?" I said "yes", and he upped my recovery 2 more weeks. So instead of the 20th on Nov. , I go back to work on Dec. 2 I stopped by work on the way back with the note. They were O.K. with it, but you could tell they were dissapointed, but he said my health and being ready too come back was more important. No sex for 2 more weeks. %$##[email protected] I can climb stairs and basically do anythng I want, but I still cannot lift more the 10 lbs. he said not to go gung -** or anything, just take one step at a time.. hanks for all your help. I hope I don't come across too stupid, but the did look like staples.
Unread 11-06-2007, 06:24 AM

I didn't have staples either. I insisted on stitches (I'm allergic to most metal) but I never had one pop out like you did.

I'm so glad things are okay and that you've gotten the extra time to recover. Continue to take it easy.

Thanks for the update.
Unread 11-06-2007, 06:29 AM

That's great news, I'm very relieved to hear it!

Stupid? Don't even give that a second thought! It's different for all of us, it seems, hard to know what's going on sometimes.

Glad to hear you're okay. I was having horrible visions of someone having to take embedded staples out of your tummy yesterday. Oh the thought of that just made me want to cry.

And you get 2 more weeks to recover. That's awesome!

I feel better I know you do too!

Unread 11-06-2007, 06:30 AM

than you Luv2Knit, and thanks for all the support.
Unread 11-06-2007, 06:32 AM

thanks JoEllen 49. I still fell kind silly, but yeah I was worried. too and invisioned going in a having to do more cutting. Thanks. I'm glad I didn't make youu cry..
Unread 11-06-2007, 07:09 AM

I'm just glad you're okay. No such thing as stupid on this support board, okay? I did think about you all last night wondering about you and how the appt went and I am so relieved. I bet you feel better too!
Unread 11-06-2007, 07:12 AM

yes, I feel much better. when I look down it still is a silver color, but he said they are stiches. Thanks for your thoughts.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register