what is wrong with me | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

what is wrong with me what is wrong with me

Unread 11-05-2007, 08:42 AM
what is wrong with me

I am going to lose my mind. I had a partial hysterectomy August 9th. I feel like this was the worst decision of my entire life. I have had nothing but bowel problems ever since the surgery. I have a bowel movement everyday. I constantly feel like I am full of poo...which stresses me out. I am just beside my self. I cry all the time.Once I start I cant stop. Feel like I cant even function some days. I cant sleep. I sleep for like 3 hours and that is it. Anxiety to the max. I have a 10 year old and I feel most days I cant even enjoy him and the things he wants to do. I just do not feel good at all. Is anyone else having problems after a partial hysterectomy???? Is it a hormonal imbalance or thyroid problem.....I just dont know. My Doc says there is nothing wrong with me.....help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2007, 09:29 AM
what is wrong with me

Weepy,

I'm so sorry you are having a rough time...
Last week I had the worst day emotionally, I sat in my house and cried for about 4 hours for no reason, didn't want to see anyone or talk to anyone and felt that I could never possibly feel (mentally) better. I talked to my doc about it at my 2 week check up, and he said it was probably my hormone levels out of whack (I did keep my ovaries) and to give it a few more weeks. I have not had another total meltdown like that since, but I also know that if I had I would have been back to the doc. This ISN'T something you should have to just deal with. If your GYN isn't listening, try calling your primary doc if you have one. You need to feel good, so that you can enjoy your life and your family. My doc also said I could take Xanax at bedtime to help me sleep if needed (just not to mix it with the Percocet), the lack of sleep also can make things so much worse. Please call your doc or primary, you need to get some relief.
Let us know how you are doing, and I will be praying for you.
Unread 11-05-2007, 09:47 AM
what is wrong with me

Dear Weepy. I am sorry that you are feeling unwell and low at the moment. Are you taking HRT at the moment? If not then maybe it would be time to discuss this with your doc. You might need an anti depressant as the sleeping difficulties, weepiness and pre occupation with your bowels might tie in with depressive illness. If your doc is unsympathetic then I suggest you see another one. It might be helpful for you to list the changes that you have experienced since your hyst and the discuss what you might like to do about them with your doc.I have had depressive illness myself and have a nine year old . I also have IBS and had to have adhesions removed during my hyst as my bowel was sticking to my uterus. I hope you get some answers soon. Jane.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2007, 10:06 AM
what is wrong with me

Dear Weepy - I hope you feel better soon. I believe I know how you feel! I had my hysterectomy Oct. 19th - had cervix, uterus and 1 tube removed. I did a lot of walking and stuff this weekend, today I feel like crap - my legs feel like rubber and my spotting is a little more than it has been. I'm so tired and weak, I don't want to do anything but cry. Will I ever feel good again??
Unread 11-05-2007, 10:07 AM
what is wrong with me

bagpuss45 Does your IBS cause you stomach pain?????
Unread 11-05-2007, 10:10 AM
what is wrong with me

Yes and bowel spasms and a feeling of urgency. In the UK there are medications like buscopan which help.
Unread 11-05-2007, 10:37 AM
what is wrong with me

bagpuss45 I dont have the runs or anything....just feel like I have to go all the time ( I dont) and have pains in my stomach. Sometimes it feels like needles in my intestines. I tend to be more of the constipating I guess. SInce my surgery it just feels like my intestines are full all the time. Does IBS do that????
Unread 11-05-2007, 10:50 AM
what is wrong with me

It could be IBS but you need to be checked out by a qualified physician. Stress can make the IBS worse. I have had two colonoscopies done under local anaesthesia which are important to rule out bowel cancer. Any changes in bowel habit need to be investigated by a qualified physician. It may be linked to your recent hyst it maybe not. These are my opinions only. Best wishes.
Unread 11-05-2007, 03:04 PM
what is wrong with me

Weepy -- I am right there with you with bowel issues! The past few days have been awful!!! I had an evaluation with my boss today and it was all I could do not to scream out to him how horrible my bowels were!!!! He was discussing how I looked kinda sad/depressed all the time. I did manage to keep myself in check, but told him that it was probably that I was looking sick. He asked me if I was sick all the time and I said, "Well, yeah, kind of". I then went on to tell him that I have an autoimmune disease and it's causing me problems right now and I never feel "good".

.......I can only imagine the look on his face if I'd have screamed about my bowel issues....................that would have been great.

Anyway, I also feel like I need to go all the time, but I don't have to go. I sit there and nothing happens. Then when I finally can go, I have to push/strain so hard that it hurts inside. It's a relief to get it out, but it still feels like more is in there. Then a few hours later I have such horrible stomach pains for about 5-10 minutes and then the diarrhea comes. I don't know that it's really diarrhea since I only go once or twice, but that's the best way for me to describe it. I have to wonder about irritable bowel. Isn't that an autoimmune thing too??

I hope you feel better soon. I know how uncomfortable that is.
Unread 11-06-2007, 05:48 AM
what is wrong with me

Scrapper jen That for sure sounds like IBS. I wish I could get the runs....I dont. Just feel like I have to go all the time and like you said nothing is there ...maybe just gas. I am so sick of it. I am missing work because of it. It is now become an obsession. I wish I could get my mind off it but I am just uncomfortable all the time with it that I cant. Time to go to a doctor that knows what is going on I guess. Maybe its spasms that make me feel like it I dont know. I know I dont ever want to have another surgery in my lifetime.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register