what is wrong with me - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

what is wrong with me what is wrong with me

Unread 11-06-2007, 06:17 AM
what is wrong with me

Weepy -- I don't know that it's surgery related, but I guess I'd have to think that this time as well. I've never had this problem after any of my other surgeries and I've had many. But I've never had one that caused my bowels to rearrange down there. I don't even know for sure that they do, but I've seen it mentioned in different threads.

Does it hurt when you sit? It seems like there is so much pressure down there (rectal area) and when I sit it feels like stuff (gas? don't know what it would be) is being pushed back in or something. Just feels like something is trying to fall out of my rectum!

Guess I'll have to bring that issue up to my new doc when the time comes as well.

I do hope you start to feel better real soon though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2007, 07:06 AM
what is wrong with me

scrapperjen Yes I have rectal pressure terrible. I feel it more when I stand and walk around. It is so bothersome that it consumes my every thought. Until I have a huge bowel movement them I am okay. It usually takes an act of god to do that. I am home today because of it. I know if I got to work I would just get too nervous and make myself sick so I would have to come home. I feel like I have a huge poop up there. My surgery for sure messed me up. I had probelms before but nothing like this at all. My doctor really doesnt want to hear from me because I didnt have my ovaries taken out. I have endometriosis and should have probably had them taken out but I was for sure thinkin my problem was coming from a fibroid I had. So I told her I wanted to keep my ovaries. Well It was my endo that was causing my problem. My rectum was glued to my bladder. Ovaries should have gone but with all the problems I am having now I cant imagine what surgical menopause would have added to them. I am already a basket case from this whole pooping issue. I keep thinking because I cant poop right something is wrong and get myself all worked up. I just wish it would go away soon or I could find some miracle sure for this whole pooping issue. I have a bowel movement everyday but still feel so full of poop. When do you go back to your doctor????
Unread 11-06-2007, 11:36 AM
what is wrong with me

I don't have an appointment yet since I don't have all my records yet. I should have everything by next week and then I will make an appointment with a rheumatologist and everything will come out. And I mean everything. Everything from the dermatitis issue on my scalp (that I've had all my life apparently) right down to the aching feet at times and every little thing in between!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2007, 01:52 PM
what is wrong with me

scrapperjen Just went to my primary care doctor. She diagnosed me with OCD since I am so fixed on my bowel issue and gave me some prozac and Zanax. Hopefully this will help me out. Going out if my mind. She also said I have to take the day off tomorrrow also. Ill let ya know. I just took some MOM to get rid of this pressure thing but so far nothing has moved. Scary to me.
Unread 11-06-2007, 02:07 PM
what is wrong with me

Good luck with everything! I feel a little OCD with autoimmune stuff lately, but will find out soon.
Unread 11-06-2007, 05:14 PM
what is wrong with me

hey weepy......mabye you do need to check your hormones......when one goes out the rest are thrown out as well? low thyroid can make bowels sluggish? or maybe you need a good clean out??? take something, then you can start from fresh? anyway, hope you get a handle on it soon..........gee.
Unread 11-07-2007, 01:18 AM
what is wrong with me

I'm so sorry you're going through this. Have you considered getting a 2nd opinion? I've been having similar issues. I always feel like I need to go to the bathroom and I don't go. I feel a constant pressure in my rectum like i need to have a BM, along with that I've been having twinges of pain in my lower left abdomen. I mentioned this to my Dr. before and he said we'll see how you feel in a few weeks. Well it's been 2 months since my tvh and I still feel the same, I think I might go to my GP instead and ask him to help. My GYN doesn't seem to care. Good Luck to you I hope you find relief soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register