uterine prolapse | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

uterine prolapse uterine prolapse

Unread 11-05-2007, 11:08 PM
uterine prolapse

I was running and had an acute uterine prolapse. I have the option of a hysterectomy or trying to run with this. It does not feel comfortable to run. I can go about 6 miles but afraid to hurt myself as it feels uncomfortable. I am used to doing 20 plus miles on the weekends. If I have the hysterectomy and let all heal will I have the same problem if I keep running. I am 46 and very active. I dont want to give up my lifestyle but am afraid to make the wrong decision. I am afraid of surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2007, 10:22 AM
uterine prolapse

Hi Runner 46 Wow, how awful having it happen all of a sudden, I didnt know when my inners fell....I think it happen over a few years I had a job that had a lot of lifting in my 20's and 40's and had my child in my 30's she weight 10 lbs.. I suffered for years before I was even given the option of a hysterectomy, so I was SOOO READY when I had option. YOU WILL KNOW when you need to move forward and/or do something, it has to be a personal decision for each and every women, good luck and this website will help you with your decision and before and after if you do decide. I am happy I did mine even if I had a few issues afterwards, they still out weigh what I had be enduring for years..
Unread 11-07-2007, 05:34 PM
uterine prolapse

runner46
to HysterSisters. We do have lots of Resources to help you in making your decision https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/view_anr.htm I have moved your post to our Options and Alternatives forum as you seem unsure about having a hysterectomy. The ladies here should be able to help guide you if there are alternatives for a uterine prolapse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-07-2007, 05:57 PM
uterine prolapse

I had a uterine prolapse that occured very suddenly. We were going to allow it to go on until it started to bother me and then a week later, it feel again to the point where I was unable to function on a daily basis.

I had my hysterectomy last tuesday (Oct. 30th). I am still recovering but I wanted to do the surgery so I could be more active.
Unread 11-09-2007, 10:24 PM
uterine prolapse

I have a follow up visit the end of nov and am siding towards having one as I am very active. I guess I really wanted to hear of some success stories of people who run after hysterectomies I do a lot of activity such as ultramarathons and marathons -- mountain trails so want to be in top form. I really feel like having a hysterectomy is going to be the best option as the pressure down there is just too much when i run.
Unread 11-09-2007, 10:55 PM
uterine prolapse

Hi Runner46,

I am not a runner...and I l*o*v*e going to the gym. That was one of my biggest questions before my hyst...when could I go back.

Here is an older Hyster Sisters thread (2006) that I found in surfing the site that might help you out:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...cising+post-op

Sending best wishes~

Mary
Unread 11-09-2007, 11:02 PM
uterine prolapse

Hi Runner46,

I looked more at that thread I posted for you and it was started in January, 2006 and the most recent reply was this month. So...hopefully... some ladies from that thread will reply back to you on your thread.

Mary
Unread 11-17-2007, 01:59 PM
uterine prolapse

I see that you kept your cervix, but have been doing a lot of reading and wondered if you still have bleeding with keeping the cervix. It there any benefit to keep the cervix? Do you know if removing the uterus causes any hormonal disturbance?
Unread 11-17-2007, 03:54 PM
uterine prolapse

Hi Runner46,

I had my cervix cauterized during my hyst and I have not had any ~mini-periods~ in post-op. If a Hyster Sister keeps one or both ovaries and the cervix, there can be a chance of a mini-period in post-op. Generally, ladies report it requires a panty liner at that time of the month. I think my cervix cauterization helped me to not have mini-periods.

You can get two schools of thinking on keeping the cervix or not. In pre-op, my Dr. told me he felt the cervix helps with pelvic support and with sex. To be a candidate with my Dr., he wanted my cervix to be sturdy and I also had to have normal pap smears for years. On the last question...I cannot answer the question on removing the uterus and possible hormonal disturbances.

Hope that helps.

Mary
Unread 11-17-2007, 04:16 PM
Is A Pessary A Consideration?

I was told I had advanced uterine prolapse in March of this year but chose to wait until November 5th for surgery. I wore a pessary until then. My doctor said some women have really good luck with them and choose not to have surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register