I really messed up this time | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I really messed up this time I really messed up this time

Unread 11-06-2007, 10:01 AM
I really messed up this time

Everything HAD been going go, not hot flashes, nigh sweats etc.The only symptom I have of menopause is not being able to sleep at night.BUT Saturday I got very constipated and had to strain very hard. Ever since then I have been having pain and alot of symptoms I have in the early weeks after my surgery.So I had to go get checked.The doctor was very upset that I strained so hard and said I have torn scar tissue and moved "stuff" around in me and my healing has to start over again. My bladder is spasming and I have my bad gas pains back and have a hard time passing gas again. It hurts to get up and down again.I have to go to the hospital and get some test done because now I have blood in my urine without bacteria and we need to know why.I'm just waiting for the office to call and tell me to go get the test.I'm back to no lifting per doctor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2007, 10:15 AM

Dear VetTech I am very sorry that you have hurt yourself and delayed your healing. Please don't be too hard on yourself as we all experience doing things that we shouldn't and pay for the consequences. Now your energies need to focus on you again. You need to have plenty of rest to allow yourself to heal again. A good nutritious diet with plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables will prevent you becoming constipated again. Speak to your doc to see if he will allow you to do some gentle walking. I hope the test results from the hospital are favourable. Please try not to worry. I'm sure that with the right approach now you can start feeling better again. I know what it is like to feel in a complete panic when we might have done some damage to ourselves in early recovery. Does the doc say that the damage you have done to yourself is reversible?
Unread 11-06-2007, 10:25 AM

I am very sorry to here this!but dont beat your self up over this set back.IMHO your doc has no right to be angery with you!this could have happend without you strainning and we all (even doctors!)Make mistakes.you need to focus all of your energy on getting better and healing!not playing the blame game!So put on your best game face and start getting better!agian!I know you can do it!!!I have faith in you!Ok sorry for the pep talk but I really think that doctors should be more compasionate with patients than they are.I hope that everything turns out ok(I really do have faith)and i am sending good healing vibes and prayers,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2007, 10:45 AM

I am sorry. I hope you find out what is causing your problems and it is not to serious. I am right with you back at square one so I know how you feel. Please let us know how things are going.
Janelle
Unread 11-06-2007, 11:53 AM

[quote=VetTech]Everything HAD been going go, not hot flashes, nigh sweats etc.The only symptom I have of menopause is not being able to sleep at night.BUT Saturday I got very constipated and had to strain very hard. Ever since then I have been having pain and alot of symptoms I have in the early weeks after my surgery.So I had to go get checked.The doctor was very upset that I strained so hard and said I have torn scar tissue and moved "stuff" around in me and my healing has to start over again.

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Oh, sweetie! I overdid something after one of my surgeries and my doc blasted me up and down right there in the office. I was so shocked, I couldn't even speak. I just stood there silently sobbing until he left. No one has the right to do that to you. Obviously you didn't do this on purpose. You were probably thinking something like, "well, this isn't going to just fall out on it's own. Maybe if I push a little more..." Am I right? As you may know, I had to have a hemorrhoidectomy just 3 weeks after my hyster. I'm no expert here, but I've learned some things that might really help you. The general surgeon put me on Fibercon tablets 4 per day, Colace 300 mg per day, milk of magnesia 2 Tbl per day. It has made all the difference for me. I would pass out on the throne if I had to pass even a soft bm right now. I'm not a doctor and I can't prescribe a treatment plan, but maybe you could ask your doc if he would recommend something similar or equally effective for you. I imagine you are afraid to eat ANYTHING right now. I know I was in that place. Jello and broth, tea and coffee were the only things I wanted to consume. The pain can cause a lack of appetite as well. I am familiar w/this too. Sorry this is so long. I care sooo deeply for you and I truly know your pain. Focus on what you need to do to get better, and don't replay the doctor tape in your head today. It won't help you. Come here as much as you need to. We love you and care for you. You are one of us. Good luck today!
Unread 11-06-2007, 02:59 PM

VetTech,

That is difficult to be feeling well and then regressing. I'm praying that things will turn around for you. I'm going to the GP tomorrow for a work up. I'm not right. I sure hope you feel better soon. I hope they can quickly find out what's going on so that you get some proper treatment. These things sometimes just happen. I got constipated after 4 weeks and I was lucky nothing happened. Blessings to you. I wish you a speedy recovery. Kathy
Unread 11-06-2007, 03:31 PM

i hope you feel better soon
couldnt the blood in your urine be from the tear and not from your bladder?
Unread 11-06-2007, 05:09 PM

hey vetech......commiserations for your predicament. i have had sluggish bowels for years due to autoimmune thyroid probs., and no amount of water/fruit/vege makes a **** bit of difference, and i live in fear of doing what's happened to you. in fact, my bowels have been looseish since the operation, up until this past week, and now, i'm not constipated, but, (TMI for the squeamish?) the consistency is sticky, and hard to pass. so i worry about the consequences. not game to take anything to make it loose again, as diahorrea causes straining in itself? and im so touchy with those kind of things??? so, i feel for you, and hope you get better soooon,.....gee.
Unread 11-06-2007, 07:23 PM

Thank you all for such great posts! As I am reading them I am eating Raisin Bran cereal (its 9:20PM)LOL! I have taken 2 stool sofners and if I have to I might take some MOM since I havent had another BM since Saturday (the day I strained so hard) I am upset that I did this to myself,I cant believe I am back to painful gas and having a hard time passing it again! And I had just gotten to where I could pee normal again.

I also fell this AM letting the dog out and I have a HUGE bruise on my upper back ( I twisted to laid on my back) the doctor knows about the fall, I told him when he was checking me out. His office never called me back with the time to go to the castle for my tests, so I'm going to call them in the Am and I will come back and tell you all the name(type) of test they are doing.
Unread 11-06-2007, 09:46 PM

Oh VetTech, you are having a rough time, aren't you? I am sorry to hear this, but please don't be hard on yourself. From time to time in life we all have setbacks, the best thing is to learn from it - now you know what your body can and cannot handle. Hang in there, dear sister! Things will be alright, just take it easy and keep chowing down on the Raisin Bran.

*mmmmmm* that actually sounds really really good...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register