Bad Nurse Experience - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bad Nurse Experience Bad Nurse Experience

Unread 11-19-2007, 11:41 AM
Bad Nurse Experience

I just wrote a thank you note to all the nurses and CNAs that cared for me while I was in the hospital. After reading all these posts, I was suddenly even more grateful for the excellent care I received.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2007, 11:54 AM
Bad Nurse Experience

Quote:
My roommate's father is a doctor locally, she had tons of visitors that were in the medical field, and I felt as though her needs were seen as much higher than mine (granted, she also had some complications but not until day 4, the day I left).
I hate to say it, but there is probably an element of truth to that. My FIL is a retired cardiologist, and I can tell you that the personnel at that hospital (doctors, nurses, etc.) ALWAYS went the extra mile to make sure I was happy, whether it was giving me one the VIP rooms or coming in to personally deliver my baby in the middle of the night even though they were not on call. It wasn't because I demanded or asked for those things or even expected those things. It was because they wanted my FIL to be happy with my level of care. His fellow doctors wanted to win his favor, and the nurses feared losing their jobs. I was no one to them, but HE was someone. Was it fair? Absolutely not. I can tell you there was a real difference this time when I went to another hospital for the hysterectomy. No one knew my FIL and no one cared. I was just any old nobody. What a shock! I do have to say, however, that most of my nurses were top-notch and took great care of me even though I was a nobody this time. It actually felt better to me to know someone was taking good care of me because they wanted to and not out of any sense of obligation or fear. Three cheers for all of the compassionate nurses who take care of us!

I just read an article that says that night-time hospital care is the worst. It said that is because most of the highly skilled medical professionals are not around at night, and the hospitals are pretty much staffed by lower skilled medical staff -- residents instead of full doctors and entry-level nurses because the skilled RNs with senority want the day shifts. I don't know how true that is. I do know that my 2 nighttime nurses were the ones I had problems with. Interesting.
Unread 11-19-2007, 12:12 PM
Bad Nurse Experience

Wow!I can't belive how many of us had such nighmareish care!I really thought when I started this thread that I was alone.You all have shed light on the fact that I am not alone!I am so sorry for everyone who has had bad care.But maybe if we all file complaints against the nurses we had issues with we can make a big difference in who is allowed to care for us and others.I am a nurse and I can say that if I treated anybody like the way we all were treated I would have my butt in a sling.kudos to everybody for helping nurse care become a better thing by getting the bad ones weeded out!I hope that this thread can help just one person.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2007, 12:46 PM
Bad Nurse Experience

trixie, I did the same, and sent one to the OR staff as well. I, too, feel very lucky that I had such good care!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register