Good days & bad days | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Good days & bad days Good days & bad days

Unread 11-06-2007, 03:58 PM
Good days & bad days

Hi Ladies:

Does anyone else seem to have good days and then bad days?? It's been almost two weeks now since the hyster and I thought I would be okay by now. How long are these up and down emotions going to last?? I never know if I'm going to have a bright, cheery day or a dark cloud, crying day.

What are you ladies doing to keep the good days?
I tried to do some laundry today but felt a pull and sting along my incision. I feel like I can't do anything right!

I finally went downstairs yesterday and my den is a disater area. I feel like just giving up and living in a pig pen. When my kids get home from school I'm going to tell them that if they don't put away their things, I'm just going to throw it all away. I'm so tired of this mess!!!

Sorry, I just had to vent!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2007, 04:32 PM
Good days & bad days

Please take your time, two weeks..you should still be having a cup of tea and reading a good book, everything and everyone around will be just fine. I am 4months and still have days that the laundry basket is too heavy. Please, Please do nothing except take care of yourself. It takes longer to heal for the faster you try to push yourself better. Trust me, been there done that...
Unread 11-06-2007, 04:50 PM
Good days & bad days

Oh 2 weeks post op was the hardest for me. NOTHING went right - no one understood - all I could do is cry and at the same time - having some BIG trouble with friends and work. THAT was a huge blow to me. By the middle of the 3rd week - you start to realize emotionally - you feel better... I was so happy when I was 3 days in a row with no tears. It started at about 2 1/2 weeks - so just hang tight... It's coming!!!! I'm 4 weeks on Nov 4th post op and am back to work and feeling better than before surgery!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Good days & bad days

I feel terrible today, like I lost my best friend. I have no idea what this is about. I was okay yesterday. Had my first check up today, got my staples out, don't have to go back for 4 more weeks, I have the clearance to work or not work, whatever I may decide. You'd think I'd be on top of the world.

Just want to cry and feel sorry for myself.

6 days post op (TAH, ovaries intact)
Unread 11-06-2007, 05:36 PM
Good days & bad days

Ladies,
My doctor told me to expect sudden crying spells its normal!!! He gave me some HRT but I still get the crying spells and yesterday I really felt down and blue. I am also getting chills, night sweats and flashes but those are getting better the crying spells seem to take longer to get rid of.
Unread 11-06-2007, 05:57 PM
Good days & bad days

Hi Martha,

To keep the good days: do NOT overdo too much! I'm 2wks post op (today) & overall, feel great! However, your body will tell you when you've done too much. REST, REST & REST!! There is plenty of time to do laundry, houseclean, etc.. You're probably like me: a bad patient who gets restless just lying around the house!
BUT it's better to let stuff pile up then end up back in the hospital to get something repaired!!

(sorry to sound mean, but I've read some posts about women who had to learn the hard way...)

YOU need to take care of YOU!!!!

Unread 11-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Instant crying spells

My friends- 6 days post op and no one prepared you did they!!!! They didn't me either. According to my doc - this is VERY normal - the crying spells, the night sweats, the mood changes, the hot flashes - it's all normal. Even though they left your ovaries - according to my doc - they go into shock when you have surgery - things being messed with down there put them into shock and it's like instantly going into menopause. Just be prepared - it might get worse before it gets better. I wish - looking back at it - I wish I would have called my doc and gotten myself something to get me through - but it only lasts a few weeks - but those few weeks feel like an eternity!!!! I found getting out of the house and around positive people helped me a ton - but as soon as I got home - it was back to crying. I luckily had a good friend who would just sit and hug me while I sobbed... THere's nothing else they can do - you just have to go through it. THere IS and end though!!!!!
Unread 11-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Good days & bad days

Aww becareful. your still early and need to becareful. there will be good and bad days .. bad days are rest and recover days lol
hugs
lisa
Unread 11-06-2007, 07:22 PM
Good days & bad days

My ovaries aren't working ?????
Unread 11-06-2007, 07:38 PM
Good days & bad days

JoEllen49~~ mostly likely no,not yet.They might still be "sleeping"

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register