Bladder Pain?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bladder Pain?? Bladder Pain??

Unread 11-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Bladder Pain??

Hey it has been a long time sence i was on here last!!

I am doin pretty good sence the TAH!! WOOHOOO!!

But recently back in early october i was haveing the worst pain in my lower back and abdomen area and thought this was kidney stones comin to get me! So I go to the doctor and they siad I just had one heck of a UTI so they gave me meds for it.. and nothign helped so I go back and I was still haveignthe urge to pee all the time and the pain and they ran a urin test and it was clean so they went ahead and prescibed me a 5 day antibiotic and that was over 2 weeks ago.. Still no relife!!

So I been noticeing that I have this sqweezeing pain that feels liek PMS cramps! I feel like the mother of all Aunt Flows is goin ot visit me.. but I know ofcourse she cant cuase I only have my Ovaries ..so I was wondering Is this normal..or liek maby the blatter is trying to adjust from the TAH??

Thanks in advance! Amy

BTW Im 22 weeks post op ( 156 day to be ezact! )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-07-2007, 11:21 PM
Bladder Pain??

OH BOY AM I happy to see this I have had problems too I see Im not alone. I have been having bladder issues since surgery, I did have bladder surgery. I cant seem to shake the weird feeling in my bladder. The pain changes from cramp twinges to soreness, not so much urges any more.. I was on antibotics for 2 weeks its my 3rd round since a week before surgery. I have bought the AZO UTI tester from the drug store and it still comes up testing positve or WBC after 2 weeks on antibotics and tested for nitrites too, Im confused...
Unread 11-08-2007, 07:08 AM
I have this same problem

I have this same problem and don't have any answers. When I get the bladder pain I use AZO for bladder pain but you have to be absolutely sure you do not have a bladder infection before you use this. It does work for me but turns everything orange (hard to explain orange toilet stains at the job). I also take Vistaril. This is sedating though so I only use it at night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2007, 08:35 AM
Bladder Pain??

Hi Laura, did you have bladder surgery too? What has your dr told you? wait and see?
Unread 11-08-2007, 03:46 PM
Yes I did

I had a bladder sling done which was supposed to help my situation. So far after a year and over, it is not helping. I am hearing from so many people that this is so common.
Unread 11-08-2007, 04:26 PM
Bladder Pain??

So im not alone! Today i went to the AM PM clinic cause my doc didnt have any avil slots today.. the pain has been horrid! but alls they did for me was give me pain meds.. All though I told them i still have some percocote from 3 weeks ago they gave me.. it wasnt doin anything .. I still have no infection what so ever., but it still feels like it!

Has anyone ever taken levisinex?? they prescribed this to me as well..i avtn taken one yet seieng how it says will casuse sleepyness and I have a 8 yr old, 5 r old, 4yr old and my 7 yr old sister to watch over through out the day!
Unread 11-08-2007, 05:15 PM
Bladder Pain??

OH NO !!! So sorry to hear!!! I sure hope all of us get better, I had a Burch Procedure so my bladder isnt actually in a sling the area was stitched up to my pelvic wall.

Lucky, you had your surgery in June? I'm sorry but you should have been referred to a urologist by now don't you think? GOOD LUCK keep us posted, I have a call into my OB/Surgeon so well see! Also my knees have been bad one really really bad for 6 weeks better now due to meds but I wonder if this can all be related.
Unread 11-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Bladder Pain??

I agree Presouz! ( about the referl to uroligy )

And on knee trouble.. I know what you mean!! I have had 3 knee surguries,,and I have 1 more to go ..

Have they been like very week feeling?? like unstable? Or just realy bad pain?
Unread 11-12-2007, 09:15 AM
Bladder Pain??

Hi Lucky22, well, I guess unstable sometimes if I over use it BUT pain and swelling all the time!! After I took the cortizone pills for 6 days and stayed off my feet most of 5 days per dr orders the pain was gone and it felt good again, that didnt last long, I started back slowly but within a week I was back to almost the same pain as before. I am really worried, I fear it will lead to some kind of surgery. I am going to BEG for an MRI to see exactly whats happening in there. MY bladder is still have some issues, not sure if its just healing pain or if I need to go to a uroligst myself, my OB wants me to take another urine test to see if the UTI is all gone before she refers me to anyone.. GOOD LUCK WITH yours!
Unread 11-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Bladder Pain??

I just wanted to update everyone taht I finaly got a referal to Uroligy (sp) today!! I am so happy! And the doctor perosnally called me today to set the apointment and he insisted on calling in soem pain meds and anti nausa pills!

Pre- That sounds horrible whats goin on with your knee!! Have you tryed heat or cold therapy?? I personally liked the heat typ much better! But I would tottaly get all the info you can on whats goin on!! Knee surgurie isnt to fun..but an arthoscopy isnt so bad , its just where they go in and look around ..so the healign time with that is very short and not so painfull for sure..and MRIis a GOOD idea!! I hope you get to feeling better soon!

And TY girls for bein here!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register