Swelly Belly and Colder Weather! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Swelly Belly and Colder Weather! Swelly Belly and Colder Weather!

Unread 11-08-2007, 04:49 PM
Swelly Belly and Colder Weather!

when did you have your surgery, abdominal or vag..I too am feeling tenderness in my jeans again "What's up with that". I only really had them on for 1-2 times last week
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2007, 07:48 PM

Gee I must be weird I have been wearing jeans with my TAH bikini cut since 1 week after surgery, at first I wore jeans one size larger then normal but now I am in my presurgery jeans with no problem. I think it actually helped that my incision was oozing because I think I lost all the fluid that usually builds up in the swelly belly.
Unread 11-08-2007, 11:13 PM

I had abdominal surgery 2 and1/2 weeks ago and I am swollen exactly above my incision. When I look at myself at the mirror from the side it looks as though I have a bump above my incision and it is about 1 inch wide. Over the bump I am not really swollen. Does anybody else have this problem or anything similar? I always had a flat belly and I am worried incase it doesn't go away.

I hope you are all doing well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2007, 05:04 AM
Hello to all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisfiddle
I remember reading about gentle tummy exercises at the 5-6 week checkpoint. I'm at 7 weeks post op and belly is still swollen and very sore, and sometimes feels like it's being pulled really tight, right under the incision, internally. Do others feel that?
Joanne
This is my first time to post anything on here. I had my TAH on Sept. 11, 2007. It has been so good to get on here and read about the goods and bads of this surgery. I had stage 2 uterus cancer and they took everything. Joanne it is so good to hear someone say that there belly is really tight and is still swollen. Unfortunately, I did not have a flat tummy but not huge-LOL. It is still swollen some too. I get to wear scrubs where I work-that helps but it is tuff when I want to dress in other clothes. The advice given to you was helpful to me too. Love to all!!

deb920
Unread 11-09-2007, 06:38 AM

I had a VH on 8- 13 and find some days that my belly swells also. I start off pretty flat in the AM but then by the end of my work day I look like I'm about 5 months pregnanat. Am hoping it goes away soon. I am fitting in all of my work clothes but find at the end of the day they I have to unbutton the top button. I'm sure it will eventually go away, at least I'm hoping!
Unread 11-09-2007, 07:04 AM

mythos, someone used the term "twinkie" for the swelling above the incision. I had a TAH on Oct.-8, and it is still there. i hope it goes away soon,but have been reading that it takes along time for some.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register