Pubic bone very sore and tender | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pubic bone very sore and tender Pubic bone very sore and tender

Unread 11-08-2007, 12:38 PM
Pubic bone very sore and tender

My pubic bone and skin where they shaved is EXTREMELY tender...almost like it's very, very badly sunburned, but everything looks just fine.

I did a search on this and found that it can be bruised from the retractors used during surgery. Weird thing is it seems mainly to be my skin. I can't even stand my panties against it. Maybe the tissue underneath really is bruised, but not showing thru.

Incision looks fine and is still sore, but this "sunburned" feeling is even keeping me awake at nights. Anyone else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2007, 04:21 PM

I did too, to some degree. What REALLY helped me though were these clay packs that can be heated or frozen. They are soft and flexible and hold the heat/cold for about 45 minutes.

I also (ever so lightly) just massaged the area next to the pubic bone (end of the incision) AFTER using the clay pack while lying down.

Its still a bit tender right there. It's been since Aug. 30th for me... so just give it some time. The immediate healing (surface)
goes pretty fast. However, all our fabulous organs were traumatized and need some time to settle into their new prospective spots....

Plus, as anxious as we may be to get back to normal, right now we need to simply be careful. As I'm sure you've read on here often, we "only have one opportunity to heal correctly"....

If you're still concerned, it can be reassuring to just check in with your physician.

Hugs for you sweetie... It really does get better!!!
Unread 11-08-2007, 11:18 PM

my pubic bone was sore, and still is tender also (7 wks out), but, mine was also bruised (i bruise easily). mine has been more tender since having sex, as well, so will have to go easy.........sigh.......waiting waiting waiting.....gee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2007, 09:38 AM

It seems like it's normal to be sore from the belly button down. I think I've been having similar things since my bandage came off on Wed. I think the bandage provided some extra protection that I'm now missing. My skin just feels weird. It seems to sorta rub my clothing. I seem to feel my little hair stubs.

Sometimes, not much, I feel pain in the area a few inches away from my incision. A few times I felt a twinge in my side waist area.

So many things, so much that is normal. thanks. lovetowalk
Unread 11-09-2007, 09:57 AM

I feel the same lsh112 and would agree it's just part of the normal healing process. Took me three weeks to put on underwear, before that just stayed in my loose jammies. I find that that snug underwear, not tight, help. I don't want anything rubbing against my body or hair. I even feel this "tenderness" at the highest part of the groin. Take care,
Unread 11-09-2007, 04:57 PM

Hey LSH112:

You sounded just like me!!!

I also have that "sunburned" feeling on my pubic bone area. I didn't know what it was.

Any nurses out there think it could be from the shaving.
Maybe the nurse "dry" shaved and now we have the burn.

Anyway, I know exactly what you mean. Even my underwear rubbing against it hurts.

Well, I guess it just one more thing!!

Unread 11-09-2007, 05:15 PM

I had a TVH and and A & P repair and bladder sling procedure. When I got to my room, my surgeon was greeting me there and proceded to "glue" to stab wounds on my pubic area. Two areas were trimmed of hair close to the skin, and the stab wounds were about 1/2 inch in length each. When I got home, my pubis hurt so bad, I couldn't even sleep on my tummy. It hurt to wear panties as well. The pain was from bruising and I'm not sure what exactly was done in that area. Bruising is very painful. I hit the area with something while cleaning and yelled out in pain. I told my dh that I think I need to wear a "cup" for protection for awhile. Hee Hee. I am fine now, about 4.5 weeks out. It's kind of a nuisance, aye?
Unread 11-09-2007, 05:19 PM

Glad and sorry to hear others are suffering from the same thing. Sick as it sounds, misery loves company. I thought that something was wrong with me. My surgery on 9/18 and back at work 10/29 but it seems any prolonged sitting/standing puts pressure not only to pubic bone but coccyx too. Just when we get over one herdle, here comes another.
Unread 11-09-2007, 05:28 PM

Glad and sorry to hear others are suffering from the same thing. Sick as it sounds, misery loves company. I thought that something was wrong with me. My surgery on 9/18 and back at work 10/29 but it seems any prolonged sitting/standing puts pressure not only to pubic bone but coccyx too. Just when we get over one herdle, here comes another.
Unread 11-09-2007, 05:41 PM

Thanks all for your replies! It is wonderful (ha) to know that we are all in the same boat.

I've been on my feet WAY too much lately, and by evening I am in so much pain. I keep overdoing things, but I don't have any help. I don't lift anything, but I walk and stand all the time. That's when the pain really kicks in. It just seems so odd to have more pain in my pubic area than in the incision itself.

Best luck to all!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register