colorectal surgeon tomorrow!!! (update) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

colorectal surgeon tomorrow!!! (update) colorectal surgeon tomorrow!!! (update)

Unread 11-08-2007, 03:53 PM
colorectal surgeon tomorrow!!!

Hi Sisters,
I posted earlier that I was trying to get in to see a colorectal surgeon. I went to see my gyno. today and he had all the info. I need to take to the surgeon tomorrow.
I feel horrible I am in major pain. My hubby is making dinner hopefully I can keep it down and take something for the pain. I just hate that another surgery is in my near future.

Has anyone had colorectal surgery tell me info please
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2007, 04:30 PM
colorectal surgeon tomorrow!!! (update)

Hi Stormchic,

I've not had colorectal surgery but hemorriod surgery. I hope all goes well for you. I had 2 surgery one in 06 and 07. You just get over one and have another. I hope you can take the pain meds for some relief. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Unread 11-08-2007, 05:31 PM

I just have been diagnosed with colon cancer three weeks ago and had surgery two weeks ago. I was much calmer with this surgery than my hysterectomy in June. I had stage iia in my ascending colon. I never recovered from my hyster and kept going to the md. Like everyone has said, if you don't feel right, go with your gut. I am still in shock. I hope you find out good news and it is not as serious as my diagnosis. I am now recovering and do feel better than before. I will be thinking about you. tobasco39
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2007, 07:25 PM

Tabasco39,
I am so sorry to hear you have been diagnosed with colon cancer. I am scared to see the dr. I have so much go wrong and I always think this will be my last surgery. And something else on and on. I pray this is my last problem for a long long time. Will you need further treatments or did the surgery get everthing? I have to say again how very sorry I am that you have this diagnosis. I will keep you in my thoughts. I had a colonoscopy and it showed colitis. And the my bowels where being pulled in different directions???? I will let you know what happens.
Unread 11-08-2007, 07:47 PM

Hi (((stormchic))) I read your other thread and was wondering how they were going about diagnosing you? You mentioned severe lower left side pain. Do you have a fever also?

About a month after my hysterectomy, I had diverticulitis. The major symptoms were very bad lower left pain and cycling fevers. The pain was worst before a bowel movement and was somewhat relieved afterwards. It took several days to find out what was wrong; finally an abdominal CT scan showed the problem. I was on antibiotics for a month because it's dangerous to perform surgery (or for that matter, do a colonoscopy) during an infection like that.

A year later, it recurred, and as soon as that infection cleared, I had a colectomy. During the surgery it was found that my colon had perforated the prior year and, lucky for me, abscessed so that the infection didn't spread through my whole pelvis. I had also had adhesions tying my colon together in that area and attaching it to the remnants of my fallopian tube on that side, as well as an ovarian remnant.

If you want to read about my experience with the colectomy surgery, you can do a search for my posts here using 'diverticulitis' and 'colectomy' together. I sure hope you don't have to go through that, because it basically took almost a year of my life to get back to where I was before the first infection. I still feel a tightness in the area where the scar is from that surgery (vertical, breastbone to pubic bone) and have had to change the way I eat. My bathroom habits are also forever altered as well. Thankfully, though, I'm alive, and it's all stuff I can live with.

Let us know how your appointment goes, OK? I'll keep my for you.

s,
-Linda
Unread 11-09-2007, 06:46 AM

Hi Linda,
Thank's for your reply. No, I haven't had a fever. Just really bad pain and lower back pain. My stomach is really swollen clothes aren't fitting I normally wiegh 119. And I have not been eating b/c I am so nausea's. I haven't weighed myself since I've taken so sick. My stomach feels like I did post hyst. (swelly belly) I had just started a new job and loved it and my boss too. She and her husband are understanding I guess time will tell just how much. I am on my feet alot a work so I can't work until something is fixed. My gyn. dr. told me when he released me from the hospital REST! Will it ever end? I will let you know what happens when I get home later. I hope w/ news this will be over soooon.
Unread 11-09-2007, 12:03 PM

Hi, I wasn't able to see my surgeon today as he had to do an emergency surgery. I was rescheduled for Monday morning. I was hoping to have some answers before the weekend, but at least I will see him in a few days.
I will try and think positive and deal w/ this pain. Thank's for your replies I could not do this without the help of my hystersisters!!!!!!!
Unread 11-09-2007, 12:24 PM

stormchic, I have stage iia colon cancer. I am in the gray area to get chemo or not. There is really no evidence that this is beneficial. I have a high survival rate for five years which is good. I keep telling myself that all things happen for a reason. I hope everything turns out well for you. I understand how you feel. It has felt the same for me. Never ending. Keep your chin up. I'll be thinking about you. tobasco39
Unread 11-12-2007, 12:41 AM

stormchic I'm sorry you're going through this, I hope you everything goes well for at your appointment.
Unread 11-13-2007, 07:29 AM
Dr. appt. today

Hi Sisters,
I just called my dr. office and I have an appt. for this afternoon. Will post after.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register